[KERNEL][APP][1.27] Phoenix - the rebirth - (can now support other kernels)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

knzo

Nov 24, 2010
One day the android community will look back and see that it all started with us.
...and now you can be a part of it too.

phoenix.png

Phoenix
www.phoenix-kernel.com
- the rebirth of everything -​

Phoenix is a project composed by two awesome people (knzo,aprold) whose objective is to bring you a new android experience by forging a deep integration and rich interface between Phoenix kernel and application, thus rendering a true ecosystem between kernel-system-app. It kicks off where void left, keeping all its premises of minimalism, powerhouse performance and elegance. However, through the application you'll be able to customize your way on an unprecedented level.

Without further ado...

~~~​

Phoenix kernel

Main features
underline.png

• Based on void.echo
  • Phoenix Tweaks support
  • AIO solution > AOSP & Samsung-based ROMs support *
  • Support for AT&T, NTT DoCoMo (Japanese) and Korean versions
  • Current charge voltage interface *
  • Lionheart governor (conservative-based: recipe)
  • Wheatley governor by Ezekeel
  • CPU/GPU OC,UV interfaces
  • Voodoo screen tuning and louder support *
  • Lulzactive & 2nd core support *
  • Custom boot animation support *
  • Phoenix recovery
  • Powerhouse performance
  • Impressive standby battery
  • Improved market/browsing load speed
  • Scheduler Multi-core & AFTR support
  • Second to none debug, tracing and crap stripping

Instructions
underline.png

1. [Optional] Check md5sum to make sure you didn't download a corrupted copy.
  2. Flash zip in CWM. Flash tar in ODIN.
  3. Reboot and enjoy.
  4. After the first reboot, reboot again.
If you have Phoenix Tweaks application, you don't need to upgrade your Phoenix kernel manually.

Download
underline.png

Syntax: v[month].[day]. For changelog, source, issue tracker (bug/feature suggestion) and more please refer to www.phoenix-kernel.com.

~~~

Phoenix tweaks (application)

Main features
underline.png

• CPU & I/O Scheduler settings
  • Kernel modules
  • General tweaks
  • Boot tweaks
  • Toolbox
  • About & OTA upgrader

Download
underline.png

"This application is incompatible with Galaxy S2", now what?
underline.png

• Clean your market data, try again.
  • Is your DPI default? Make sure it's 240.
  • If you're accessing from the browser on the desktop/laptop, try clearing the cache.
  • Try accessing from the S2's browser.
  • Try Market enabler.
Still no go? PM me.

Phoenix tweaks support on other kernels
underline.png

There are no restrictions, all options/features including the OTA upgrade are at their full disposal and any S2 kernel can join the party.

~~~​

If you like it, show your appreciation by rating it and leaving a heart-warming comment on the application market link! Or you can even use the Phoenix in your signature like I have in mine. If you find any bug, please report it on the issue tracker and give us a chance to fix it before emo-quitting on us!

* Special thanks to all the Samsung Galaxy S2 developers - gokhanmoral, hardcore, tegrak, arighi, simone201, hellcat, supercurio, etc. You're all very talented developers and Phoenix has a bit of each one of you inside. We're happy to belong to the same community as you all.

Last edited:

lynx2k50

Jan 27, 2010
Germany
I like how you write and i you say what is wrong or right.

I think I will give this kernel a try. Only using Hardcores kernel for a long, long time.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

ram3n

Nov 16, 2010
Hi. Just on question. Does this support init.d scripts? Thanks

One answer :

void .alpha:
- CWM 5.x support (credits to whoever ported it)
- Auto-root (credits to whoever wrote it)
- Auto-install proper liblights lib (credits to whoever wrote it)
- Remove journalism & properly mount ext4 like only I know
- Auto-install rawr script *
- Increase microSD readahead for greater reading speed (credits: brainmaster)
- Some CWM 5.x kitchen problems fix (credits to whoever wrote it)
- Init.d support (credits to whoever wrote it)
- Some build.prop tweaking for better performance and battery

bungknees

Jun 11, 2010
I just had to reboot after the phone wouldnt wake from deep sleep, only had the kernel in for about ten min. It seemed pretty smooth though, I'll keep an eye on this one for a while.

Cheers OP for the new kernel dev.

tookewl4skewl

Feb 11, 2010
Toronto
After flashing this kernel, I'm having serious wake issues. If my display is off for any longer than a minute, i am unable to wake the device. Also, while my device was idle, i saw battery drop from 45% to 16% over the course of 15 minutes or so. While the device is being used, performance and battery are the best I've seen [so far] in any of the long list of kernels i've run.

Sent from my galaxy.s2
sigcs.png

knzo

Nov 24, 2010
I just had to reboot after the phone wouldnt wake from deep sleep, only had the kernel in for about ten min. It seemed pretty smooth though, I'll keep an eye on this one for a while.

After flashing this kernel, I'm having serious wake issues. If my display is off for any longer than a minute, i am unable to wake the device. Also, while my device was idle, i saw battery drop from 45% to 16% over the course of 15 minutes or so. While the device is being used, performance and battery are the best I've seen [so far] in any of the long list of kernels i've run. ]

Doesn't happen to me often but I sometimes have to press more than once (power/home) in order to wake up from deep sleep. Happens like 3 times a day but never takes more than 5 seconds. Since it's the first version I still have to smooth out some edges but so far I'm happy with the apparent results.

However, I'm going to include a known issues section with this.

P.S. Thanks for the feedback on bold, it's always nice to hear.

Last edited:
Reactions: pcboyy

bungknees

Jun 11, 2010
Doesn't happen to me often but I sometimes have to press more than once (power/home) in order to wake up from deep sleep. Happens like 3 times a day but never takes more than 5 seconds.

Since it's the first version I still have to smooth out some edges but so far I'm happy with the apparent results.

However, I'm going to include a known issues section with this.

P.S. Thanks for the feedback on bold, it's always nice to hear.

I was trying to wake the phone for about a min or so before rebooting, Ive had the same issue a couple of times with other kernels but they have come right like you said, after a few attempts. But i agree with the guy a couple of posts up, when i was using the phone it was very smooth, didnt have the crazy drain he had though which is good.

knzo

Nov 24, 2010
I've been using it for 2 days and no drain either. Smooth as butter.

Indeed, the main issue I've found is the annoying resistant deep sleep but never had to reboot it. Just as precaution I already added it to the main post. Oh, and an issue on the photo preview (not gallery) but I wasn't sure if it was a kernel or ROM problem.

Reactions: pcboyy

pacc

Jul 16, 2008
Great to see you already pulled the trigger!
You are aiming for a killer kernel, and I'll be following this thread closely.

How stable/safe is this first alpha version?

Last edited:

bungknees

Jun 11, 2010

Indeed, the main issue I've found is the annoying resistant deep sleep but never had to reboot it. Just as precaution I already added it to the main post. Oh, and an issue on the photo preview (not gallery) but I wasn't sure if it was a kernel or ROM problem.

Ill watch out for that one, Ive gone back to a pervious kernel while im at work, kinda need the phone to wake, but i will definitly try this one again when im home.

Thanks again.

D

Deleted member 308374

pretty curious to see how it will compare to others once polished up and refined... I'll stay tuned ;)
Keep up the Good work, dev!!

Sent from my SGS2 - Checkrom Revo 3.1.1 | Speedmod k18 | Vertumus ICS Theme |

grisha1

Nov 21, 2008

Very promising, indeed!

Photo preview works fine here.
Deep sleep does not wake up here.
Otherwise very smooth.
Waiting patiently for alpha2 :)

SGS2 via Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    One day the android community will look back and see that it all started with us.
    ...and now you can be a part of it too.

phoenix.png

Phoenix
    www.phoenix-kernel.com
    - the rebirth of everything -​

Phoenix is a project composed by two awesome people (knzo,aprold) whose objective is to bring you a new android experience by forging a deep integration and rich interface between Phoenix kernel and application, thus rendering a true ecosystem between kernel-system-app. It kicks off where void left, keeping all its premises of minimalism, powerhouse performance and elegance. However, through the application you'll be able to customize your way on an unprecedented level.

Without further ado...

~~~​

Phoenix kernel

Main features
    underline.png

• Based on void.echo
    • Phoenix Tweaks support
    • AIO solution > AOSP & Samsung-based ROMs support *
    • Support for AT&T, NTT DoCoMo (Japanese) and Korean versions
    • Current charge voltage interface *
    • Lionheart governor (conservative-based: recipe)
    • Wheatley governor by Ezekeel
    • CPU/GPU OC,UV interfaces
    • Voodoo screen tuning and louder support *
    • Lulzactive & 2nd core support *
    • Custom boot animation support *
    • Phoenix recovery
    • Powerhouse performance
    • Impressive standby battery
    • Improved market/browsing load speed
    • Scheduler Multi-core & AFTR support
    • Second to none debug, tracing and crap stripping

Instructions
    underline.png

1. [Optional] Check md5sum to make sure you didn't download a corrupted copy.
    2. Flash zip in CWM. Flash tar in ODIN.
    3. Reboot and enjoy.
    4. After the first reboot, reboot again.
    If you have Phoenix Tweaks application, you don't need to upgrade your Phoenix kernel manually.

Download
    underline.png

Syntax: v[month].[day]. For changelog, source, issue tracker (bug/feature suggestion) and more please refer to www.phoenix-kernel.com.

~~~

Phoenix tweaks (application)

Main features
    underline.png

• CPU & I/O Scheduler settings
    • Kernel modules
    • General tweaks
    • Boot tweaks
    • Toolbox
    • About & OTA upgrader

Download
    underline.png

"This application is incompatible with Galaxy S2", now what?
    underline.png

• Clean your market data, try again.
    • Is your DPI default? Make sure it's 240.
    • If you're accessing from the browser on the desktop/laptop, try clearing the cache.
    • Try accessing from the S2's browser.
    • Try Market enabler.
    Still no go? PM me.

Phoenix tweaks support on other kernels
    underline.png

There are no restrictions, all options/features including the OTA upgrade are at their full disposal and any S2 kernel can join the party.

~~~​

If you like it, show your appreciation by rating it and leaving a heart-warming comment on the application market link! Or you can even use the Phoenix in your signature like I have in mine. If you find any bug, please report it on the issue tracker and give us a chance to fix it before emo-quitting on us!

* Special thanks to all the Samsung Galaxy S2 developers - gokhanmoral, hardcore, tegrak, arighi, simone201, hellcat, supercurio, etc. You're all very talented developers and Phoenix has a bit of each one of you inside. We're happy to belong to the same community as you all.
    This business is getting out of hand here...

There are clear inconsistencies in this story, and it's clear from the evidence what is true. Facts are what matter, and those are clear. This thread was made in the original development section. This means there's a level of honesty, and integrity required. And that appears to be somewhat lacking from the evidence here. Sources in particular... GPL is here for a reason, but it's a two-way street - it's equally, if not more important, to post your own sources.

Fanbois, take a look at the facts, smell the coffee, and see what's going on here.

Claims can be verified, or disproven. In this case, the claims by kzno have clearly been disproven, and the counter-claims by other respectable developers are quite clearly verifiable and provable.

This site is a development site. Go develop, and do so in the true spirit. Don't treat it as a competition to try and make up nonsense claims to make yourself appear smarter - it just sets you up for a bigger fall.

Thread closed.
    I didn't touch the USB charging voltage if that's what you're asking. And never will.
    P.S. Those who want OC and UV can thank this post so I know how many you are?
    I heard all your ideas and requests, I will start working in the first days of february and this time I'll go all out ;).
    I had a laugh reading all this ****. I'm knzo's friend, for a long time already, but this is not the case here, and what I'm going to say it's for everyone:

It's ******* DISGUSTING what I read and watch here. I'll say it again, ******* disgusting. I thought XDA was a forum where intelligent, bright and friendly people got together to SHARE their ******* experiences and knowledge to take the most out of our devices. Instead you come here to cry about stupid ****s and who did this and who did that or whatever ****ing repo was taken from. GOD ******, you sound like 80 year old ladies. And you call yourself developers? ******* hell this is utter ****. I'm very disappointed about this community. This "was" all about the users and giving the best of us to discuss the best for our devices so lesser knowledgable users could afford our works, our codes and our experience.

The human greed is something that disgusts me, and while I sit and read all the **** that came out from all of you crying ladies, I begin to realize that this forum is soon to be lost. If you want to do something for this device, for gods sake work together and share, that's why Open Source software was created.

Good day.