Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,212 Members 42,229 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] PDroid - The Better Privacy Protection [2012-03-18: Bugfixes in Patch 1.32]

Tip us?

Uzephi
Old
(Last edited by Uzephi; 26th April 2012 at 09:17 AM.)
Thanks Meter 331

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jahrule View Post
I agree with you but then you would need root.
Already pretty much requires root. It needs a rom that is deodex'd which almost all of them are custom roms which are rooted.

One reason you need to patch it in cwm or bsr is due to it needing to 'fix' jar files. If you read why this isn't a background app (security issues and holes at start up and system may shut it down when memory is needed)

The way it works is tweaking with the permissions given to apps and changes values they receive.

End rant

sent from my CM7'd X2 using XDA

Uzephi
Old
(Last edited by Uzephi; 26th April 2012 at 09:38 AM.) Reason: last paragraph
Thanks Meter 331

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicholasQ View Post
I think he needs to just have the app patch roms. This seems like too much trouble and lots of confusion. Would be better to have the app with a button that patches, reboots and you're done.

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium
There is an app like that. It needs root. Called privacy blocker. The "patching" takes 10-20mins depending on your phone/tablet and sometimes it doesnt work.

Also Privacy blocker doesnt notify you when it blocks something. And because of the nature of the app, most newer apps or updated ones block it.

in short, an app that does what you want is time consuming and does violate the copyright agreement of apps since it would be 'modifying' something some one owns and has distributed on the google play store. This app svyat made doesn't modify the app that is owned by its creator but modifies how an open source OS (android OS) deals with it's permissions

sent from my CM7'd X2 using XDA

DnaPolymerase
Old
Thanks Meter 10
I have a problem with the PDROID patch I made for Cyanogenmod 7.2 Rc1 (kang, unofficial build by Adfad approx 20th April) on Lg Optimus One. I try to patch the rom, it completes, I flash it but when it comes to boot the bootanimation freezes and to use the phone I have to remove the battery and flash again the "restore" patch. What am I doing wrong? I've already tried mounting /system.
Thanks.

c-pimp
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by DnaPolymerase View Post
I have a problem with the PDROID patch I made for Cyanogenmod 7.2 Rc1 (kang, unofficial build by Adfad approx 20th April) on Lg Optimus One. I try to patch the rom, it completes, I flash it but when it comes to boot the bootanimation freezes and to use the phone I have to remove the battery and flash again the "restore" patch. What am I doing wrong? I've already tried mounting /system.
Thanks.
Try pdroid 1.31 or 1.27

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to c-pimp For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Theraze
Old
Thanks Meter 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by krzych View Post
HEY!!! Where's the LINUX PATCHER?!? (I mean official one in the original first post)
The 'official' Linux patcher got discontinued. There are still older versions floating, as were reposted a few posts above your question, but if you want PDroid in Linux, your best bet is either patching the source directly or running a Windows VM.

douglatins
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DnaPolymerase View Post
Thanks.
Same here, Checkrom V6 and 1,27

IlPapu
Old
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by svyat View Post
Thanks for all the bug reports guys. I'll look into them when I'm done with the ICS port. BTW, if you want to get notified as soon as it's ready, you can follow me on Twitter (@svyath).
Can't wait to test the upgrade! I refuse to upgrade to ICS until this works. Once you have PDroid, you can't go back to a ROM without it!

Anything I can do to help, let me know!

Bartapuce
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by douglatins View Post
Same here, Checkrom V6 and 1,27
Again, for Checkrom V6 search the rom thread.

Patch made by Sileshnair and working perfectly.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ostcount=14144

neoviktor
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlPapu View Post
Can't wait to test the upgrade! I refuse to upgrade to ICS until this works. Once you have PDroid, you can't go back to a ROM without it!

Anything I can do to help, let me know!
Same here, since the first leaked roms for SGSII, only upgrade permanently after PDroid for ICS comes out

mnjm9b
Old
Thanks Meter 143
+1 I have no interest in upgrading without Pdroid...
I have a "Donate" button...for those of you that feel compelled to do so.
However, I don't feel I deserve it. Nor will I guarantee any results in return from any such donations.
Although I do appreciate the gesture, a simple thanks will suffice.

Tags
app, block, pdroid, permissions, privacy, protection
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe