Stylus?

OP bobzdar

19th January 2012, 09:14 PM   |  #21  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 11

97 posts
More
The Dagi stylii do not work great on the NT, but all of the stylii I tried at best buy worked well on the demo unit they had. They are also better to use than the Dagi as you don't need to keep them at an angle. I'll be giving away the Dagi to my friends with iPads or iPhones .
24th January 2012, 02:48 AM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
I bought one at best buy and it works ok but it seems a lot more awkward and sluggish than using a finger. The tip is soft and about the size of a pencil erased so not very precise. Any capacitive touch stylus will work but i'd prefer something with a smaller tip. (That's what SHE said.)

Sent from my BNTV250 using xda premium
24th January 2012, 01:13 PM   |  #23  
Flag somewhere
Thanks Meter: 11

93 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by emsed1

I bought one at best buy and it works ok but it seems a lot more awkward and sluggish than using a finger. The tip is soft and about the size of a pencil erased so not very precise. Any capacitive touch stylus will work but i'd prefer something with a smaller tip. (That's what SHE said.)

Why is it that a lot of the styli I have seen are of that kind, the tip is the size of a pencil eraser. Those don't seem to be very precise. I am having a hard time finding one that has a smaller tip.
26th January 2012, 11:38 PM   |  #24  

7 posts
The Just Mobile AluPen is actually pretty awesome so far for the Nook Tablet- I've had it a few weeks now. While it may be a little heavy for some people I quite enjoy the heft as well as how sturdy it is- I mean it's basically an aluminum carpenter's pencil with the lead replaced with capacitive rubber. It slides effortlessly over the touch surface and it works well with freenote, which means screw having a pen and paper during class.
28th January 2012, 07:27 AM   |  #25  

7 posts
Very cool. I will take a look at that one.

28th January 2012, 04:01 PM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 17

35 posts
I've been looking into two styluses for possible purchase.

Has any one tried the Wacom Bamboo Sytlus or the Arctic Architecht Stylus? Both have smaller tips (6mm and 7mm respectively) and have had generally good reviews regarding precision, writing, and drawing.
29th January 2012, 09:18 PM   |  #27  
Thanks Meter: 321

1,279 posts
More
I recommend getting a stylus made by Caseen. I got mine the other day and am pretty happy with it. Having it makes using the Swype keyboard a lot easier, haha.
1st February 2012, 05:36 AM   |  #28  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 3

27 posts
More
Will this targus stylus work with the NT?

Targus Stylus for Tablets AMM01TBUS
2nd February 2012, 03:44 AM   |  #29  

7 posts
Definitely. It's actually rated by some accounts (Read: Some review roundups of Styluses) to be better than those in the $20-$30 range. Some people don't like that it's as stubby as it is or as thin as it is, but those come down to personal taste and is no indication of the actual use it has. That said, every review I've read on it says it does just fine, and while isn't the smoothest glide ever is quite responsive.
25th February 2012, 02:48 AM   |  #30  
San Jose
Thanks Meter: 5

62 posts
I have the Nook-branded Vara stylus. It was a pain to get; on order for weeks and they only shipped us (I work there) a few. Our first order sold out in a few days, and we only received six this time around.

It works great from what I've seen on a Nook Tablet, and works decently well on my Nook Color. Even though the specs list the capacitive rubber tip, the packaging states that it is for the SimpleTouch only.

I think corporate just messed up because the SimpleTouch doesn't even use a capacitive touchscreen (or a traditional touchscreen at all for that matter) and it seems obvious that it was released for the tablets.

Lists for $19.95

UPC/EAN: 9780594 011941

edit: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/p/vara...=9780594011941
Last edited by TheAmazingDave; 25th February 2012 at 02:56 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread