Decent dailer

Search This thread

wingnutLP

Dec 22, 2006
The dailer on the note is not very good esp compared to htc's are there any better ones? The way it looks up contacts and allows you to set default phone numbers for people for example seems very clunky.

stedj

Nov 14, 2011
Birmingham
I'm having the same issue, but how do you make these alternative dialers the default, so it shows when you try to call someone?

loonsy

Jul 30, 2007
Singapore
Was using Go Dialer EX, Touch Pal, Contapps, but have downloaded exDialer and find it the best. It's able to clear missed calls in notification and uses default contacts to adding new contacts or editing contacts. Wothte the dialers I had discrepancies between the 2 contacts databases with regards to linked contacts and edited contacts.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

droiduser

Jul 15, 2009
I vote for DW Dialer - i used to use dialer one, but it got a bit slow then i found DW Dialer (the free version does everything, the pay one just costs to much...)

Kicks ass on configurable options and does it all and looks nice on the note.

Reactions: Bobanovicz

fastguy

Feb 22, 2006
There's a little ergonomics issue with all these dialers. In the Galaxy Note stock dialer, when you make a search with the number pad, the options are listed just one line above the number pad, with a dropdown box in case there are multiple options. When you click, there's a new window that pops-up, which shows the contacts. These are all reachable with your thumb when you use only one hand.

When I utilize any other dialer, they put the matching names at the top of the screen listing them down. But I can't reach the top with single hand operation.

Would you know any other dialer with "easy reach"?

The s3 stock dialer is blazing fast,i have searched this forum but couldn't find any port to your note, so you guys please request for the Dev to take notice, yes the stock note dialer is crap, by any standards, slow n its not even optimised to your screen size

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Go Contacts EX

Go Contacts Ex is the best.
    I vote for DW Dialer - i used to use dialer one, but it got a bit slow then i found DW Dialer (the free version does everything, the pay one just costs to much...)

Kicks ass on configurable options and does it all and looks nice on the note.