Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,793 Members 42,494 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Mod] Webtop via HDMI without a Dock.

Tip us?

voodoomurphy
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfevildruid View Post
The first times a mistake, the second time is a choice.
Which is why I opted to go and have Best Buy replace it. Sorry folks, if anyone else is brave enough they can have at.

jimbridgman
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3147

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoomurphy View Post
works great. Has anyone tried getting the full ubuntu or installing any .deb packages on i yet?
Yes I have a full ubuntu and gnome running on the webtop. I am working on a write up for it.

Here are some pics that show it... This was before I had gnome working though.

Jim
Nexus 5 (stock Kitkat 4.4)
Backup: Galaxy Nexus Running Ubuntu Phone OS

"Microsoft is the Evil Empire"
"I *nix UNIX we all scream for Linux"

If you don't have dropbox, go sign up here:
http://db.tt/SorT4X6q
You will get an extra 500MB, and so will I.

Jim
The Following User Says Thank You to jimbridgman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JRW 28
Old
Thanks Meter 674
Nice!! Will be waiting on the write up

Glad to see you're still with us Jim

voodoomurphy
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Jim,

Good on ya for getting to work what I trashed my OSH partition trying to do. heh I look forward to this.

jimbridgman
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3147

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoomurphy View Post
Jim,

Good on ya for getting to work what I trashed my OSH partition trying to do. heh I look forward to this.
Yeah I did too, it is the FACLs that they have on the osh partition that got you.... It is called tomoyo you have to move the directory from /etc/tomoyo to /etc/toy or something like that.... That is why you got the Motorola red M.... I got the same thing until I figured it all out and moved tomoyo out of the way,

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRW 28 View Post
Nice!! Will be waiting on the write up

Glad to see you're still with us Jim
Yeah I am still here, but unfortunately I lost my trusty quad core AMD box last week, so I had to build a new.... But now I have an eight core AMD with 16GB of RAM, so not too bad...

That is why I was not around last week... thank goodness for backups too, because the CPU crashed and took the whole board and LINUX drives with it...
Nexus 5 (stock Kitkat 4.4)
Backup: Galaxy Nexus Running Ubuntu Phone OS

"Microsoft is the Evil Empire"
"I *nix UNIX we all scream for Linux"

If you don't have dropbox, go sign up here:
http://db.tt/SorT4X6q
You will get an extra 500MB, and so will I.

Jim

nahuelarg86
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I'm sorry for the VERY noob question,

This mod supposedly let you connect the phone to a computer and use the computer as a lapdock?

Thanks.
Current devices:
Atrix 2
Galaxy Note 10.1

voodoomurphy
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by nahuelarg86 View Post
I'm sorry for the VERY noob question,

This mod supposedly let you connect the phone to a computer and use the computer as a lapdock?

Thanks.
No, it will let you connect your phone to an HDMI TV or Monitor and use the built in Linux system.

JRW 28
Old
Thanks Meter 674
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbridgman View Post
Yeah I did too, it is the FACLs that they have on the osh partition that got you.... It is called tomoyo you have to move the directory from /etc/tomoyo to /etc/toy or something like that.... That is why you got the Motorola red M.... I got the same thing until I figured it all out and moved tomoyo out of the way,

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

Yeah I am still here, but unfortunately I lost my trusty quad core AMD box last week, so I had to build a new.... But now I have an eight core AMD with 16GB of RAM, so not too bad...

That is why I was not around last week... thank goodness for backups too, because the CPU crashed and took the whole board and LINUX drives with it...
Well that's one way to upgrade, hate it come at a cost, but glad you're back!

voodoomurphy
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Yeah I did too, it is the FACLs that they have on the osh partition that got you.... It is called tomoyo you have to move the directory from /etc/tomoyo to /etc/toy or something like that.... That is why you got the Motorola red M.... I got the same thing until I figured it all out and moved tomoyo out of the way,[COLOR="Silver"]
Given my last foray into this, I'll wait patiently for your write up to make sure I have it right.

voodoomurphy
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:

Crap. Had I known I was so close I would have stuck it out.