Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos Receives Early CM12 Port

Samsung Galaxy Grand is a dual-SIM phone with a 5 screen that was announced two years ago. … more

Google Adds New Features to Drive, Sheets, Slides and Docs

In the last few months, Google has been working very hard to adapt all its apps to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Zte score..

OP fisher1991

22nd November 2011, 08:49 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag phoenix
Thanks Meter: 10

153 posts
More
I know this is the blade section but i can't find the answer at all on Google. Is it possible to root the zte score and put cyanogenmod on it? Or any ROM? Thanks in advance
22nd November 2011, 11:09 AM   |  #2  
Flag Sheffield, UK
Thanks Meter: 266

422 posts
Donate to Me
More
It's most likely possible & if it's like other ZTE devices pretty easy, but it's the first I've heard about this phone, I don't know if there are any custom roms for it yet.
22nd November 2011, 08:43 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

52 posts
Try to root your phone with Z4root or Universal Androot.Then install ROM Manager and flash clockworckmod recovery and download CM 7(if exists) ->Install.
23rd November 2011, 01:26 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 105

241 posts
Zte score runs gingerbread 2.3.5 from what i've read

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk
23rd November 2011, 08:06 AM   |  #5  
Flag Sheffield, UK

422 posts
Donate to Me
More
This method should let you root it, if it's like other ZTE androids - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1319257

I haven't seen a custom rom, but you could always make one, a CM7 port might not be too hard.

AFAIK there is no clockworkmod version & rom manager doesn't support it. It shouldn't be too hard to make a compatible clockworkmod.

It's a new phone & I think it's only available in the USA.
Last edited by wbaw; 23rd November 2011 at 08:09 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to wbaw For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd November 2011, 10:33 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 1

11 posts
Donate to Me
More
It is possible to root the ZTE Score, but I have yet to find any ROMS or Recovery Images for it How To Root The Cricket ZTE Score X500.
25th November 2011, 02:11 PM   |  #7  
Flag Sheffield, UK

422 posts
Donate to Me
More
Is it the same phone as the T-Mobile Vivacity that has just gone on sale in the UK?

https://www.t-mobile.co.uk/shop/pay-...ty-black-payg/

The specs are a bit vague. Is it 600mhz? Is it HVGA (320X480) or WVGA (480x800) display?

In the UK it's the same price as the Orange San Francisco 2 (ZTE Blade 2), which is 800mhz WVGA, so I'm not sure that it'll be a huge seller here.

The Score could be very similar to the ZTE Blade, has anybody tried the blade version of clockworkmod on it? If the Blade clockworkmod works, then maybe Blade roms could too, or they might just need small modifications.
27th November 2011, 03:56 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 1

11 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbaw

Is it the same phone as the T-Mobile Vivacity that has just gone on sale in the UK?

https://www.t-mobile.co.uk/shop/pay-...ty-black-payg/

The specs are a bit vague. Is it 600mhz? Is it HVGA (320X480) or WVGA (480x800) display?

In the UK it's the same price as the Orange San Francisco 2 (ZTE Blade 2), which is 800mhz WVGA, so I'm not sure that it'll be a huge seller here.

The Score could be very similar to the ZTE Blade, has anybody tried the blade version of clockworkmod on it? If the Blade clockworkmod works, then maybe Blade roms could too, or they might just need small modifications.

I think you may be right on that, but I am scared to try with no way to recover the phone if something were to go wrong.....ahhh, I may do it anyway. maybe.
27th November 2011, 11:45 AM   |  #9  
Flag Sheffield, UK

422 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussun

I think you may be right on that, but I am scared to try with no way to recover the phone if something were to go wrong.....ahhh, I may do it anyway. maybe.

If it's the 'Blade 2', same as the UK Orange Sanfrancisco 2 & T-Mobile Vivacity (and called god knows what else in the rest of the world) then expect some roms shortly. They went on sale in the UK this week at 99 with no contract or free for 10-15/month contracts, so a few will be sold at that price.

Specs for that seem to be 800mhz msm7227t cpu, 5mp rear camera with led flash, front camera, 512mb ram 512mb rom, 3.5" wvga 480x800 screen.

ZTE like to make their model numbers & names as confusing as possible. They're pretty vague with the specs too. It could be totally different for all I know.

If you just flash ClockworkMod using fastboot, then if it doesn't work you haven't really broken anything. I'm not sure if there is a clockworkmod build that might work on it yet though. Certainly dont flash anything else until you have clockworkmod working on there & take a backup.

Changes have been added to the source for the CM7 kernel for Blade 2 compatibility, so it shouldn't be long until we get a CM7 port for it. CM9 probably next year sometime.
Last edited by wbaw; 27th November 2011 at 11:52 AM.
29th November 2011, 06:56 AM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member
Flag phoenix
Thanks Meter: 10

153 posts
More
Thank you for the reply . Now how would I go about porting cm7 and what version of what phone would i have the most luck porting? And cwm as well or would I have a better bet asking koush to make a cwm for the score (x500)

Sent from my PG06100 using XDA App

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread