Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,559 Members 52,026 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Zte score..

Tip us?

fisher1991
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default Zte score..

I know this is the blade section but i can't find the answer at all on Google. Is it possible to root the zte score and put cyanogenmod on it? Or any ROM? Thanks in advance

wbaw
Old
Thanks Meter 263

DONATE TO ME
It's most likely possible & if it's like other ZTE devices pretty easy, but it's the first I've heard about this phone, I don't know if there are any custom roms for it yet.

stanangel
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Try to root your phone with Z4root or Universal Androot.Then install ROM Manager and flash clockworckmod recovery and download CM 7(if exists) ->Install.

hecatae
Old
Thanks Meter 101
Zte score runs gingerbread 2.3.5 from what i've read

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk

wbaw
Old
(Last edited by wbaw; 23rd November 2011 at 07:09 AM.)
Thanks Meter 263

DONATE TO ME
This method should let you root it, if it's like other ZTE androids - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1319257

I haven't seen a custom rom, but you could always make one, a CM7 port might not be too hard.

AFAIK there is no clockworkmod version & rom manager doesn't support it. It shouldn't be too hard to make a compatible clockworkmod.

It's a new phone & I think it's only available in the USA.
The Following User Says Thank You to wbaw For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

furioussun
Old
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
It is possible to root the ZTE Score, but I have yet to find any ROMS or Recovery Images for it How To Root The Cricket ZTE Score X500.

wbaw
Old
Thanks Meter 263

DONATE TO ME
Is it the same phone as the T-Mobile Vivacity that has just gone on sale in the UK?

https://www.t-mobile.co.uk/shop/pay-...ty-black-payg/

The specs are a bit vague. Is it 600mhz? Is it HVGA (320X480) or WVGA (480x800) display?

In the UK it's the same price as the Orange San Francisco 2 (ZTE Blade 2), which is 800mhz WVGA, so I'm not sure that it'll be a huge seller here.

The Score could be very similar to the ZTE Blade, has anybody tried the blade version of clockworkmod on it? If the Blade clockworkmod works, then maybe Blade roms could too, or they might just need small modifications.

furioussun
Old
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbaw View Post
Is it the same phone as the T-Mobile Vivacity that has just gone on sale in the UK?

https://www.t-mobile.co.uk/shop/pay-...ty-black-payg/

The specs are a bit vague. Is it 600mhz? Is it HVGA (320X480) or WVGA (480x800) display?

In the UK it's the same price as the Orange San Francisco 2 (ZTE Blade 2), which is 800mhz WVGA, so I'm not sure that it'll be a huge seller here.

The Score could be very similar to the ZTE Blade, has anybody tried the blade version of clockworkmod on it? If the Blade clockworkmod works, then maybe Blade roms could too, or they might just need small modifications.
I think you may be right on that, but I am scared to try with no way to recover the phone if something were to go wrong.....ahhh, I may do it anyway. maybe.

wbaw
Old
(Last edited by wbaw; 27th November 2011 at 10:52 AM.)
Thanks Meter 263

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussun View Post
I think you may be right on that, but I am scared to try with no way to recover the phone if something were to go wrong.....ahhh, I may do it anyway. maybe.
If it's the 'Blade 2', same as the UK Orange Sanfrancisco 2 & T-Mobile Vivacity (and called god knows what else in the rest of the world) then expect some roms shortly. They went on sale in the UK this week at 99 with no contract or free for 10-15/month contracts, so a few will be sold at that price.

Specs for that seem to be 800mhz msm7227t cpu, 5mp rear camera with led flash, front camera, 512mb ram 512mb rom, 3.5" wvga 480x800 screen.

ZTE like to make their model numbers & names as confusing as possible. They're pretty vague with the specs too. It could be totally different for all I know.

If you just flash ClockworkMod using fastboot, then if it doesn't work you haven't really broken anything. I'm not sure if there is a clockworkmod build that might work on it yet though. Certainly dont flash anything else until you have clockworkmod working on there & take a backup.

Changes have been added to the source for the CM7 kernel for Blade 2 compatibility, so it shouldn't be long until we get a CM7 port for it. CM9 probably next year sometime.

fisher1991
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Thank you for the reply . Now how would I go about porting cm7 and what version of what phone would i have the most luck porting? And cwm as well or would I have a better bet asking koush to make a cwm for the score (x500)

Sent from my PG06100 using XDA App