Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,778 Members 52,134 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Chainfire3D works with this.

Tip us?

Printerscape
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45
Default Chainfire3D works with this.

Kindle Fire is powervr. Using Chainfire3D, you can emulate qualcomm (snapdragon) or tegra (nvidia).

Because Google market isn't showing me games, I used Titanium Backup on my phone (Inspire 4G, snapdragon) and tried to restore it on the Fire. It restored, but upon trying to play the game (Asphalt 6 and Eternal Legacy), the game was missing textures if I could get it to run (constant errors such as "your device is not supported").

I tried searching if anyone tried Chainfire3D on the Kindle Fire yet, but to no avail. I decided to try my luck and installed the driver. To my horror, the boot screen reloaded over and over again... thought I bricked yet another Fire... but, it soon showed the home screen, and was installed just fine.

With Chainfire3D installed, those games work great now.

TL;DR- Chainfire3D works with the Kindle Fire.
HTC Inspire 4G
IceColdSandwich [ICS]
26.14.04.28_M [AT&T]
---------------------------------
Google/ASUS Nexus 7
Stock [Jellybean]
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Printerscape For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

labbala
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Asphalt 6 has many versions there is for samsung and motorola etc.. wich one worked for you on the kindle fire?

Printerscape
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by labbala View Post
Asphalt 6 has many versions there is for samsung and motorola etc.. wich one worked for you on the kindle fire?
I told you which one (snapdragon / qualcomm, e.g. what Inspire 4G is). Ultimately, it doesn't matter whichever one you use, as long as the Chainfire3D is configured correctly (i.e. if you use one built for tegra, just set Chainfire3D to tegra plugin).
HTC Inspire 4G
IceColdSandwich [ICS]
26.14.04.28_M [AT&T]
---------------------------------
Google/ASUS Nexus 7
Stock [Jellybean]

zonbal33
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 7
How do I properly install ChainFire to play games like Dead Space? I've never used ChainFire before.

I just installed Riptide GP w/o using ChainFire. Some games work fine but some dont like Dead Space.

huskerdu25
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Has anyone tried ChainFire 3D in relation to N64 roms? Mario Tennis and NBA Live 2003 stutter a lot on my kindle fire and I'm hoping CF 3D will help.

Also when I try to install plugins, it says it can't find them even though they're on my kindle for sure. I'm using the Pro version, should I revert to free?

Thanks

Poler166
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Lightbulb Post Instructions please

You should post instructions or where you looked to get this working on our kindle fire please