Thanks Meter 2039
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: All over the place
DONATE TO ME
[Guide][Flyer]Honeycomb S-OFF, Easy Install, Recovery and Root. [US Wifi Added]
Instructions Part 1
This thread is not for discussing general Honeycomb problems so don't post here if it's not related to running this procedure.
- Important: Charge your Flyer fully before running this procedure ( see section: problems below)
- This version is the release version of HoneyComb from HTC.
- If you are on Honeycomb and got there by following other honeycomb install methods than the one in this thread then you MUST follow the steps in part 1.
- If you are already S-OFF on gingerbread, or ran *this* procedure previously skip to Part 2.
- You must be running a version of gingerbread supported by revolutionary
- If you are not on an appropriate gingerbread version, eg. if you have upgraded to honeycomb then downgrade by using an appropriate RUU; to identify your RUU see: here
- If you get the following error: "Main Version is older! Update Fail! Press <POWER> to reboot" the instructions are here for windows or here for Mac/Linux
- Run revolutionary, there is no reason to install ClockWorkMod recovery at this point, say no when asked.
After following the steps above, you should be on a stock Gingerbread installation with revolutionary S-OFF.
Instructions Part 2
The large download is a stock HoneyComb 3.55.405.1 for 3G and 3.55.1114.31 for WIFI with the following changes:
- Secure flag turned off on the boot image
- Stock recovery replaced by CWM
- Beginner procedure: If you are a novice using windows
- Advanced procedures: If you want more control or are using MacOS or Linux
- download the file that you require as follows:
- If you want a stock rooted HoneyComb ROM
Be warned this is a BIG download :
- If you intend to immediately install a custom HC ROM:
3G-Wifi: f1a04839f7b187887c77b4ab552cc2fb HC-3G-light.zip
Wifi only: 3c3cf126250ba5c9d996262acc334942 PG41IMG-WIFI-light-B10.zip
- Install the custom RUU
- If you are running this procedure starting from Gingerbread the rom flash WILL fail first time, you must flash twice, if starting from honeycomb it might only require a single pass.
- Method1: Using fastboot:
- Get fastboot and adb tool for windows here, get Windows fastboot drivers here
- Get Fastboot and adb for linux here
fastboot erase cache
fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip <downloaded file name>
Flashing will fail with Error 90 first time due to hboot change
fastboot flash zip <downloaded file name>
The on screen indicator on the phone will not reach fully to the right end of the progress bar, this is ok
- Method 2: Using bootloader - NOTE I strongly recommend using method 1.
- Rename the downloaded file PG41IMG.zip
- Transfer the file to the root of your SD card
- Reboot to hboot, which will detect and install the update.
Note it will require two passes to complete the upgrade due to hboot change
- If you used the full upgrade file (BIG download) you are finished, enjoy.
- If you used the light image now restore your nandroid backup or flash your custom ROM now - then you are finished.
If you encounter problems after this procedure where your device does not boot properly (white screen with HTC logo) . Power-off fully
and seek assistance from me. The reason for this is that you may have an invalid combination of hboot and recovery/boot images. In such a scenario a flyer will not charge when powered off. The reason for powering off at this point is to ensure that there is sufficient battery power remaining to fix the problem before you end up in an unrecoverable state. If the battery falls below 30% you will not be able to flash and I will not be able to help you. Do this by booting into fastboot mode then choosing power-down from the menu.
Paul O'Brien for getting his hands on the early leaks.
Team Revolutionary for the S-OFF and IEF for hboot
attn1 for the revolutionary version of recovery and Paul O'Brien for the patched version.
lpasq, RMarkland for the previous donations that made Wifi testing possible.
Rebase of WIFI version to first official WIFI release 3.55.1114.31
Files renamed to include build number to track changes.
Rooting fixed, su now works.
Files renamed to avoid problems during upload.
Updates PG41IMG.zip files to fix root problems.
3.48.405.1 - At the time of update these files had been downloaded 1144 times.
3G-Wifi: 2c43cc7af063213ea948abcb249752c1 PG41IMG.zip
Wifi only: ac7f97703a7d013b188e7fb689a80146 PG41IMG.zip
3G-Wifi: 8b9f96dadc03c72385fb648fc74d4ef8 HC-3G-light.zip
Wifi only: 6acab3919d198933f95d987a0093fbfc HC-Wifi-light.zip