Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Change where weather pulls from?

OP jayochs

23rd November 2011, 01:34 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Central NJ
Thanks Meter: 2,814

8,288 posts
More
any devs out there have any idea how to change where the HTC weather app/clock widget poll for weather?

Accuweather is garbage; it constantly says cloudy for me, despite the fact that it's raining the past day and will for the next day. I already complained to accuweather, but they have nothing to say because they're idiots. I'm hoping we can change where it gets weather from, like weather.com or google or weatherbug.
23rd November 2011, 01:47 AM   |  #2  
Flag Mishawaka, Indiana
Thanks Meter: 194

1,623 posts
Donate to Me
More
Mine has been dead on. Is your location accurate? Obviously the weather isn't going to be correct to your house. And wherever your weather is being reported from is either wrong, or different from your actual location.
23rd November 2011, 02:06 AM   |  #3  
Flag Aurora, IL
Thanks Meter: 45

287 posts
More
This would not be as easy as pointing to a different weather provider, by say changing a url. The data has to be sent to the provider as expected and returned as data the app can understand. If it wasn't written to work with a provider, it will be difficult to make it work.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA App
The Following User Says Thank You to k_flan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd November 2011, 02:26 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Central NJ

8,288 posts
More
ah, yeah. i remember in the inc days, nils was checking out how to do it, but we were never successful.

basically, even on the accuweather website for my town, it shows cloudy, when it's always raining lol it's very annoying.
23rd November 2011, 03:00 AM   |  #5  
Flag Mishawaka, Indiana
Thanks Meter: 194

1,623 posts
Donate to Me
More
So whoever is reporting the weather data to them is wrong. Not accuweathers fault.
23rd November 2011, 05:39 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Central NJ

8,288 posts
More
i assume it's one of the local weather stations, because there's only like one in my town.....and they report to weatherbug...and weather.com........and they're both right lol

it's accuweather;

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/bri...1-2191985_1_al

click; see how it says current conditions, cloudy? go look at the map now, we're COVERED in rain and it hasn't stopped since like 3pm today. yet they think current conditions are cloudy. kind of annoying lol
23rd November 2011, 10:58 PM   |  #7  
Flag The Seven Seas
Thanks Meter: 46

291 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayochs

any devs out there have any idea how to change where the HTC weather app/clock widget poll for weather?

Accuweather is garbage; it constantly says cloudy for me, despite the fact that it's raining the past day and will for the next day. I already complained to accuweather, but they have nothing to say because they're idiots. I'm hoping we can change where it gets weather from, like weather.com or google or weatherbug.

Well, you could always try out Fancy Widgets. I belive you have a choice of 3 different weather providers, and the weather accuracy has always been great!

Sent via my HTC Rezound using XDA premium app.
23rd November 2011, 11:06 PM   |  #8  
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 2

42 posts
More
I agree accuweather is garbage. It is always wrong for my area too! I NEVER use it. I use weatherbug or google. I downloaded beautiful widgets(had it on my X) and switch it to google weather!
23rd November 2011, 11:14 PM   |  #9  
Flag Columbia, SC
Thanks Meter: 150

2,167 posts
More
Accuweather has been terrible for the last 5 years at least, thats why I use google weather & weather channel.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 10.1
24th November 2011, 12:44 AM   |  #10  
Flag Central CT
Thanks Meter: 4

36 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xRogerxC

Well, you could always try out Fancy Widgets. I belive you have a choice of 3 different weather providers, and the weather accuracy has always been great!

Sent via my HTC Rezound using XDA premium app.

+1 Fancy Widgets is great!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread