All issues solved
I bought the sony tablet s a few days back.. to be specefic, its been 5 days.
Came out with honeycomb 3.2 out of the box,,, updated to 3.2.1.
Following are my reviews about the product :-
1) Screen : beautiful, not excess contrast or color saturation. Very very crisp. A treat to the eye.
2) Performance : upto all standards. No magic, just any other honeycomb tablet.
3) Design : best in the market, very easy to hold... unless u wish to force yourself to have the slim design of the ipad which is almost completely copied over to the samsung galaxy tab.
4) Built quality : premium. Although plastic, but feels premium quality.
5) Audio : normal affair on the stereo loudspeakers, but absolutely amazing on the earphones... the inbuilt amplifier is a beast.
Verdict : better than the rest in the market, worth every single penny.
Workaround for known issues :-
1. Vedio format/codec support : use "MX-player" or "dice player".... I am able to play any damn format, whether 720p or 1080p.
2. Media apps unable to access files (photos, videos, music) on the external SD card : use "quickpic" for images and "power Amp" for music. Both these apps have the option that lets the user choose which folder should be accessed.
3. Wifi sleep issue : use the app "advanced wifi lock"..free version.
I agree I am a sony fanboy,, but truth remains that if you have will to make things work, u will stick to your faith.
Any queries... pls respond to this thread... will be happy to explore n share more workarounds,, if required.