Hard Bricked Skyrocket!!!!

14th December 2011, 06:48 PM   |  #41  
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 131

1,514 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dxtra

This is the reason why some phone manufacture are against custom rom, cough HTC, Motorola locking the bootloader pretty soon Samsung. They loosing to much money accepting mess up return phones by the user. Nothing Personal but you deserve for at&t not to exchange your skyrocket.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

Your funny if you think that Samsung loses money.

They have a secondary bootloader for a reason, and that is to save the phone when people think they "bricked" it.

Samsung makes more money selling phones then HTC, Motorola, and LG combined, I really doubt they lose money.
15th December 2011, 12:38 AM   |  #42  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 4,312

2,495 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dxtra

This is the reason why some phone manufacture are against custom rom, cough HTC, Motorola locking the bootloader pretty soon Samsung. They loosing to much money accepting mess up return phones by the user. Nothing Personal but you deserve for at&t not to exchange your skyrocket.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longcat14

Your funny if you think that Samsung loses money.

They have a secondary bootloader for a reason, and that is to save the phone when people think they "bricked" it.

Samsung makes more money selling phones then HTC, Motorola, and LG combined, I really doubt they lose money.

Have to agree with Logcat14. Dxtra do you even know how much it cost companies to make a smart phone? it only cost them about $30 per cell phone. Plus as Logcat14 said it helps companies.
15th December 2011, 07:23 AM   |  #43  
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 131

1,514 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by appdroid

Have to agree with Logcat14. Dxtra do you even know how much it cost companies to make a smart phone? it only cost them about $30 per cell phone. Plus as Logcat14 said it helps companies.

Actually, it costs Samsung (because of the amazing internals) about $300-350 to make the phone, and they jack the price up twice.

But when you buy it on contract, your not paying Samsung $2000 for your phone (data plan), your paying your carrier.

Essentially, your being bent over either way, just less with buying off contract.
15th December 2011, 03:50 PM   |  #44  
Memphis, TN
Thanks Meter: 25

631 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvanbrecht

Honestly, in the end, no one is getting cheated. The bricked devices will end up being sent back to samsung where they will be fixed, and resold as a referb.

No one really loses any money (other then maybe shipping costs)

How did you figure that? I am not against people trying to exchange their bricked device even it is their own fault, but everything costs and will be passed to consumers one way or another.
16th December 2011, 11:02 PM   |  #45  
Thanks Meter: 612

2,892 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberGhos

How did you figure that? I am not against people trying to exchange their bricked device even it is their own fault, but everything costs and will be passed to consumers one way or another.

Yes but most people end up paying deductables if you got your insurance through the carrier anyway. which is what 120-150 for a new phone. which they would never get if you never damaged your phone. the money there making is already there. they get the money if you never Damage your phone, BECAUSE you pay them monthly. AND they get the money IF YOU DO damage your phone because your getting a refurbished phone anyway that you are once again paying almost 200 dallars for. the money NEVER stops on there end.

sounds like a WIN to me.
31st December 2011, 05:42 PM   |  #46  
Flag Houston, TX
Thanks Meter: 85

801 posts
Donate to Me
More
so my phone does power on, computer wont recognized, can someone confirm that usb jig works on skyrocket?
31st December 2011, 06:09 PM   |  #47  
Recognized Developer
Flag westminster maryland
Thanks Meter: 2,688

3,314 posts
Donate to Me
More
Yes the usb jig.works on the skyrocket. It wont reset the flash counter but will work for download mode
31st December 2011, 07:22 PM   |  #48  
Flag Houston, TX
Thanks Meter: 85

801 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver03wrx

Yes the usb jig.works on the skyrocket. It wont reset the flash counter but will work for download mode

so even my phone can not power on or do any combo button?
31st December 2011, 11:24 PM   |  #49  
Recognized Developer
Flag westminster maryland
Thanks Meter: 2,688

3,314 posts
Donate to Me
More
May or may not. U have to try
Last edited by silver03wrx; 31st December 2011 at 11:30 PM.
31st December 2011, 11:45 PM   |  #50  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 118

511 posts
More
Just make sure the battery is charged. I just got a jig the other day, and it works fine. Get a jig, it's worth the few dollars it costs, for a piece of mind.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread