Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,513 Members 50,718 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How do you use your rooted NT?

Tip us?

Renate NST
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Googie2149 View Post
They make those? I guess I fail at searching....
Oh, they have them in all sizes. I just bought a $10 one. The keys are just a bit smaller and there is no navigation or numeric keypad. http://www.microcenter.com/single_pr...uct_id=0310127

brendan10211
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I use my nook mainly for reading (as it seems everyone else is doing) and sometimes Twitter (with the GO twi widget). I have an iPod for music, but I have noticed me not using that as much and replacing my time with the NST.

I wish there was a really good NST forum app, but I can't find one.

Fuddster
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I rooted so I could read more ebooks. In addition to reading B&N books on the Nook, I have the Google Books, Kindle for Android, and Aldiko apps all loaded and ready to go. Good stuff!

Mounta1n
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuddster View Post
I rooted so I could read more ebooks. In addition to reading B&N books on the Nook, I have the Google Books, Kindle for Android, and Aldiko apps all loaded and ready to go. Good stuff!
Are you finding Aldiko is still working? It worked fine at first for me, then after adding some PDF's stopped working. I removed the PDF's from the documents folder, and tried uninstalling, rebooting, then re-downloaded and installed from market, rebooted, and still it just flashes once and goes to home screen. Using Mantano reader currently, but I'm more comfortable with Aldiko from using it on other devices. I read in comments on another blog that it was a current problem for it to stop working, so I'm wondering if you're still using it.

IRT OP I plan to use it mainly as a reader, but prefer the selection, and ease of getting books on the alternative readers/stores such as Google Play, Mantano, Feedbooks. The Nook store requires quite a bit of effort to find the free books, and then there are multiple copies of each one, most with dubious reviews regarding quality, spelling, errors, etc... I also like the idea of being able to download books from the library wirelessly using the Overdrive app. I'll either remove Gmail, or install WidgetLocker to put a lockscreen on the NST if I decide to keep Gmail on it. My G2 meets all my other needs. I've been enjoying using the hotspot on my G2 to connect my Nook with Wifi, it's like having a 4G NST.
Tags
nook