Google Play Newsstand 3.3 Brings Material Design Makeover

In a clear break from the previous practice of delivering nearly weekly Google … more

App Review: Calculating Your Android Calculator Options

Sure, everyone has a default Calculator and its something that you dont think about … more

MultiROM Once Again Available for the Galaxy S4

Multiboot, or the ability to select betweenmultiple operating systems on a single device at … more

Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

How Can I Use 3G USB Modem with Tablet s?

23rd November 2011, 08:31 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
is there any one know?

I have huawei E170 3G modem and disable flashdrive mod. I disabled with DC-Unlocker client

But Tablet S did not recognize the 3g modem (Unsupported USB Device Connect)

Please Developer Friends Help me.

Thank You
23rd November 2011, 08:43 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 887

680 posts
Donate to Me
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=914350

Here you've got some info. Unfortunately you will have to wait for a root solution.
23rd November 2011, 09:36 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
yes I tried some posts but nothing else

Yes we are waiting developers friends
23rd November 2011, 10:35 AM   |  #4  
Flag Rotterdam
Thanks Meter: 13

168 posts
Tried it using an aircard but android only picks up the usb stick.
4th December 2011, 09:41 PM   |  #5  

1 posts
I dont know if it actually help but I saw this on tech republic when they open the tablet.

3G-ready motherboard and case: Sony left an open spot on the motherboard and inside the case for a 3G or 4G card. The internal mounting bracket even has screw holes for it.

Dont know if it is possible to add an internal modem or install driver for that.

Code:
techrepublic.com/blog/itdojo/sony-tablet-s-teardown-wild-wedge-shaped-case-hides-unique-hardware/2930
3rd May 2012, 01:34 PM   |  #6  
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 14

53 posts
More
Maybe this will help you http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8#post25615728

At least worked for me. It disables other functions of USB 3G sticks and leave them to be acting only as 3G modem, which then tablet recognizes.
13th May 2012, 09:41 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 4

42 posts
Is there anything new? I have got rooted ICS on my tablet. Is it possible to use 3G USB Modem on my tablet? I have got 2 USB-Modems. The first is ZTE K3565-Z and the second is Option 4G Systems XS Stick P14. Is there a solution?
14th May 2012, 03:35 PM   |  #8  
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 82

346 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djlars

Is there anything new? I have got rooted ICS on my tablet. Is it possible to use 3G USB Modem on my tablet? I have got 2 USB-Modems. The first is ZTE K3565-Z and the second is Option 4G Systems XS Stick P14. Is there a solution?

If darkjesus's method didn't work, then I'm not sure anything will. These modems are not easy to work on a lighter system like Android.

I'm happy to be proven wrong, of course.
19th May 2012, 11:33 PM   |  #9  

42 posts
In a german forum, i found an app called "UMTS Manager". With this app you can connect with 3G Networks with some Huawei-Sticks and maybe some other devices, too. They use mode-switch to switch device mode to modem only and then it works for them. Here's the link:
http://www.android-hilfe.de/asus-eee...ml#post3236187
Of course, a lot of pages But some of them got ZTE K3565-Z working. For me it doensn't. Maybe we can find a solution
29th May 2012, 09:17 AM   |  #10  

42 posts
I found the reason, why it does not work on Tablet S. Our Tablet does not create ttyUSB*-devices when attaching 3G Modem to the Tablet. Normally it creates ttyUSB*-devices, attaches the Modem there and you are able to connect. I think it's a kernel issue or Sony modified the kernel. But with Custom Rom and Kernel which has got this "feature" it is possible to connect via 3G Modem. Maybe one of us could create this custom Rom..

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread