5,606,201 Members 33,619 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How Can I Use 3G USB Modem with Tablet s?

Tip us?

mobildepo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default How Can I Use 3G USB Modem with Tablet s?

is there any one know?

I have huawei E170 3G modem and disable flashdrive mod. I disabled with DC-Unlocker client

But Tablet S did not recognize the 3g modem (Unsupported USB Device Connect)

Please Developer Friends Help me.

Thank You

condi
Old
Thanks Meter 873

DONATE TO ME
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=914350

Here you've got some info. Unfortunately you will have to wait for a root solution.

mobildepo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
yes I tried some posts but nothing else

Yes we are waiting developers friends

Vinny1967
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Tried it using an aircard but android only picks up the usb stick.

iman1981
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I dont know if it actually help but I saw this on tech republic when they open the tablet.

3G-ready motherboard and case: Sony left an open spot on the motherboard and inside the case for a 3G or 4G card. The internal mounting bracket even has screw holes for it.

Dont know if it is possible to add an internal modem or install driver for that.

Code:
techrepublic.com/blog/itdojo/sony-tablet-s-teardown-wild-wedge-shaped-case-hides-unique-hardware/2930

Darkjesus
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Maybe this will help you http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8#post25615728

At least worked for me. It disables other functions of USB 3G sticks and leave them to be acting only as 3G modem, which then tablet recognizes.

djlars
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Is there anything new? I have got rooted ICS on my tablet. Is it possible to use 3G USB Modem on my tablet? I have got 2 USB-Modems. The first is ZTE K3565-Z and the second is Option 4G Systems XS Stick P14. Is there a solution?

agc93
Old
Thanks Meter 82

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by djlars View Post
Is there anything new? I have got rooted ICS on my tablet. Is it possible to use 3G USB Modem on my tablet? I have got 2 USB-Modems. The first is ZTE K3565-Z and the second is Option 4G Systems XS Stick P14. Is there a solution?
If darkjesus's method didn't work, then I'm not sure anything will. These modems are not easy to work on a lighter system like Android.

I'm happy to be proven wrong, of course.
--agc93----------------

~~~~~~Sony Tablet S~~~~~
~~Rooted Android 3.2.1r2~~~

"The command-line: stopping noobs dead since...forever" (CS351, 2011)

If I've helped out at all, please hit the THANKS button!!

djlars
Old
Thanks Meter 4
In a german forum, i found an app called "UMTS Manager". With this app you can connect with 3G Networks with some Huawei-Sticks and maybe some other devices, too. They use mode-switch to switch device mode to modem only and then it works for them. Here's the link:
http://www.android-hilfe.de/asus-eee...ml#post3236187
Of course, a lot of pages But some of them got ZTE K3565-Z working. For me it doensn't. Maybe we can find a solution

djlars
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I found the reason, why it does not work on Tablet S. Our Tablet does not create ttyUSB*-devices when attaching 3G Modem to the Tablet. Normally it creates ttyUSB*-devices, attaches the Modem there and you are able to connect. I think it's a kernel issue or Sony modified the kernel. But with Custom Rom and Kernel which has got this "feature" it is possible to connect via 3G Modem. Maybe one of us could create this custom Rom..