Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[MOD] Skyrocket ROMS on Hercules- This covers stock Samsung ROMS

OP mikeyinid

24th November 2011, 01:42 AM   |  #11  
mikeyinid's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Nampa
Thanks Meter: 2,665
 
6,906 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan.follett

It seems to have the backward orientation.

ah, yea i see. it doesnt do that with our kernel. but, when i try to install apps from the market, the phone reboots.
24th November 2011, 02:16 AM   |  #12  
mbernusg's Avatar
Senior Member
NJ
Thanks Meter: 119
 
1,139 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
More
Probably needs some build prop edits.. this is cool news tho thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyinid

ah, yea i see. it doesnt do that with our kernel. but, when i try to install apps from the market, the phone reboots.



sent from my real Gs move in silence like lasagna
The Following User Says Thank You to mbernusg For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th November 2011, 02:26 AM   |  #13  
mikeyinid's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Nampa
Thanks Meter: 2,665
 
6,906 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbernusg

Probably needs some build prop edits.. this is cool news tho thanks



sent from my real Gs move in silence like lasagna

Yea, if they get some awesome development going and ours never takes off at least we know it won't be that hard to port their stuff over

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
24th November 2011, 02:40 AM   |  #14  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
38 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyinid

ah, yea i see. it doesnt do that with our kernel. but, when i try to install apps from the market, the phone reboots.

The market works fine with the skyrocket kernel.
24th November 2011, 03:17 AM   |  #15  
Member
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 21
 
70 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan.follett

It seems to have the backward orientation.

Have you tried calibrating it?
24th November 2011, 03:35 AM   |  #16  
ThC23's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 496
 
2,210 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyinid

Just Thought id share. The skyrocket roms work on our phone too. Just flashed the Alien ROM just to see. Everything worked fine, granted there was some att crap in wifi settings that is useless to us, but at least we know we can use their stuff too. I also flashed jugs kernel with the rom as Im sure the kernel is different, but maybe not. Anyway, just wanted to let you know. Oh, they just got an ota to 2.3.6 yesterday, ill post the system dump here in a few. Hopefully the devs will move to that base.

Does this Alien rom have anything special that our rooms don't have? Kind of what to try it out, but not sure if it's worth it. Any other bugs besides the ones stated?

Powered by the SGSII....
24th November 2011, 03:40 AM   |  #17  
mikeyinid's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Nampa
Thanks Meter: 2,665
 
6,906 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThC23

Does this Alien rom have anything special that our rooms don't have? Kind of what to try it out, but not sure if it's worth it. Any other bugs besides the ones stated?

Powered by the SGSII....

Its the same as what we have. Its in between stock and Juggernaut I'd say. Has reboot options and stuff. Mostly stock. Seems pretty responsive

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to mikeyinid For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th November 2011, 04:29 AM   |  #18  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
38 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitallust

Have you tried calibrating it?

I tried but its just perfectly reversed.

The Alien Rom is excellent as far as I'm concerned, if we could figure the orientation issue out, it would be just about perfect.
24th November 2011, 04:36 AM   |  #19  
ThC23's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 496
 
2,210 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyinid

Its the same as what we have. Its in between stock and Juggernaut I'd say. Has reboot options and stuff. Mostly stock. Seems pretty responsive

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

OK, thanks.

Powered by the SGSII....
24th November 2011, 04:37 AM   |  #20  
mikeyinid's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Nampa
Thanks Meter: 2,665
 
6,906 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan.follett

I tried but its just perfectly reversed.

The Alien Rom is excellent as far as I'm concerned, if we could figure the orientation issue out, it would be just about perfect.

If you turn auto
rotate off its fine. I never use it anyway
Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes