173 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thanks! Testing now... will provide feedback later Keep up the good work
25th November 2011, 07:18 PM   |  #22  
Florida
Thanks Meter: 27

598 posts
Loving this port. If only the camera, mass storage and headphone jack worked... I am guessing it's impossible to make these with the SDK.

I also noticed Power+VolDown don't take a screenshot. Is there a way to do this?
25th November 2011, 07:30 PM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 0

34 posts
More
Wink
thanks

working great ... even it is a beta
25th November 2011, 08:15 PM   |  #24  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 22

209 posts
Thumbs up
Ok,installed it.Works great,no freezes,and i can tell you that is smooth for a beta build.It installes apps very quick,much faster i excepted.Problems i found:rotation animation is buggy,camera,gallery and music doesn't read sd card,but i used qq player-videos and quickpic and works great.Keep it up!Ty for SD release
25th November 2011, 11:10 PM   |  #25  
Flag ZP
Thanks Meter: 25

177 posts
More
cool rom! i`ll be waiting for a new versions
25th November 2011, 11:42 PM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 19

213 posts
More
Nice work. After a couple of reboots it settles down and becomes quite usable. Even battery consumation is quite conservative.

I noticed that the text correction dictionary appears to be empty. If I save a new word then it does use that for a new suggestion.
25th November 2011, 11:46 PM   |  #27  
Flag Puerto Rico
Thanks Meter: 6

168 posts
Donate to Me
More
Question Need Help !!!
ok problem need the CWR app to instal it on my phone not seem to find it. can some one help me ...
26th November 2011, 01:58 AM   |  #28  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 580

810 posts
More
Thumbs up Credits
Ankuch thank you for this good implementation of tytung's NexusHD2-IceCreamSandwich port from texasice's Nexus One's AOSP ICS ROM using boonbing's Portadroid Lite SuperRAM v3.1. As tytung said in his post, "please give credits to texasice (for N1 ROM base) and tytung (for porting it to HD2) respectively if you reuse any of their works". You can see how boonbing did this in his post, thanking Darkstone as his source of inspiration for Portadroid SuperRAM GB. We are all Dwarfs standing on the shoulders of giants (nanos gigantium humeris insidentes) and should thank and credit them.
Credit to you for getting WiFi and Market working on SD Ice Cream Sandwich (note spelling) - a good first build that works when run from Windows Mobile and the battery usage looks not bad! Thank you also for including a file manager (Root Explorer) - I was able to use ShootMe to take some screenshots and ES Explorer to view them. Well done!
Cheers
Tom
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	snap20111125_235942.jpg
Views:	683
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	795194   Click image for larger version

Name:	snap20111126_001614.jpg
Views:	3780
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	795195   Click image for larger version

Name:	snap20111126_001918.jpg
Views:	607
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	795196  
Last edited by Szczepanik; 26th November 2011 at 02:20 AM. Reason: Thanksgiving screenshots - ES File Explorer
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Szczepanik For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th November 2011, 07:33 AM   |  #29  
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 19

173 posts
Donate to Me
More
OK, feedback coming...

First of all - install is quick and after a few random reboots the build stabilizes. It's a bit laggy and slow but this is because of the lack of HW acceleration (maybe? ). I tried a few phone calls and everything is perfect - I heard the other side as well as being well heard by the person with whom I've been spoken to.

Music is also OK - ICS found every single MP3 on my SD card and played all of them without any problems. Sound is loud and clear, no poppings, cracking or whatsoever.

Then came the disappointments.

The Facebook account: it did NOT synchronize with the phone book contacts. When I pressed 'Add FB account' the phone just threw me in the main menu. Tens of attempts... same result.

The phone book: where is the option "Show only contacts with phone numbers"?

Adding a shortcut or widget to home screen is a bit laggy - again HW acceleration lack?

So far so good If I recall something else, will provide additional info. Bottomline: the build is _very_ good for beta and needs just a few stitches to become nice and stable
Last edited by WizardBGR; 26th November 2011 at 09:20 AM. Reason: corrected some resolved issues :)
26th November 2011, 07:51 AM   |  #30  
Thanks Meter: 15

100 posts
More
Great work. Most is working and v smoothly. I ported ICS with portadroid 3.1,, exactly as boonbing instructs for many roms. Two bugs for me: no picture, just sound on youtube..., and market not downloading apps. The video
App not reading those vids in. SD card.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ice cream sandwhich, ics, ics magldr, ics sd hd2, ics sdk
Previous Thread Next Thread