FORUMS

New Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 Update Fixes Major Bugs

Senior Recognized Developer rovo89 has patched Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 to … more

Download Sony’s new AOSP-like concept for Xperia Z3

Over in our forums, Recognized Contributor Jozinek has posted a very … more

OnePlus 2 vs Moto X Style: Which is The Better Flagship?

Two big industry names have announced their newest flagship phones within the … more

Making Your Own Xposed Modules Is Easier Than You Think

Close to the heart of XDA is the Xposed Framework by Rovo89. Most of … more

Skyrocket a lot faster then iphone 4s on same 3g network

955 posts
Thanks Meter: 202
 
By waiters, Senior Member on 25th November 2011, 05:16 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I live in southern california, AT&T only has 3G here. for thanksgiving a few of my family members had 4s's with them so we all decided to use speedtest.net.

though my phone is able to do "LTE", remember im in a 3g only area.

the iphones didn't pass 3mb/sec test after test no matter what server we used. and most were around 1.5-2mb

my skyrocket never got below 5mb/sec (between all the tests i got between 5-9mb/sec)

have others tried this same kind of test with an iphone in the same place at the same time? is the radio on this phone just that much better? is AT&T sick of iphone data abuse and decided to cap them?
 
 
25th November 2011, 11:49 AM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 109
 
More
Skyrocket has a full HSPA+ & LTE antennas, while iPhone 4S is limited HSPA+
Last edited by draztikrhymez; 26th November 2011 at 02:05 PM.
26th November 2011, 05:02 AM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 83
 
More
Yes iPhone is not going to be faster than the SR in 3G areas. I also have an iPhone 4 and have the SR which is much faster than my iPhone in data speeds. Now I feel my iPhone is very slow over all as well. :)

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA Premium App
26th November 2011, 07:16 PM |#4  
Jay A whY's Avatar
Member
Flag Aurora, Colorado
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
I have the 4s and one point had the Skyrocket (sold it on eBay - didn't want to be throttled on the LTE plan) noticed the increased speeds here in Denver, when compared via xtremelabs simultaneously.

Apple needs to put their foot down on the accelerator and put a LTE radio in the next iPhone!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW
26th November 2011, 08:02 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 109
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay A whY

I have the 4s and one point had the Skyrocket (sold it on eBay - didn't want to be throttled on the LTE plan) noticed the increased speeds here in Denver, when compared via xtremelabs simultaneously.

Apple needs to put their foot down on the accelerator and put a LTE radio in the next iPhone!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

I won't be surprised of the actual 5 is LTE, thinner and curved glass.
27th November 2011, 07:25 AM |#6  
gr8hairy1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Michigan - Thumb
Thanks Meter: 170
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by draztikrhymez

I won't be surprised of the actual 5 is LTE, thinner and curved glass.

It'll have to be that and more. Android is growing too big and too fast for apple.

For them to stay in the game apple will have to blow everyone away. And more than just software.

Sent from my phhōniē
27th November 2011, 11:58 AM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I was actually thinking of getting the 4S but I would like to take advantage of LTE here in Houston. I also don't want to be throttled, but I think i can manage...... Hopefully

Sent from my A500 using XDA Premium App
27th November 2011, 01:56 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 109
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8hairy1

It'll have to be that and more. Android is growing too big and too fast for apple.

For them to stay in the game apple will have to blow everyone away. And more than just software.

Sent from my phhōniē

Agree'd, they are getting very stale.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes