5,599,977 Members 44,772 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[DEV][RC5] Team Nyx [Android 4.0.4] (ICSSGS)

Tip us?

rotman253
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by daskanda View Post
There's another ics rom in the development section.... Doc's master ics.... It has the notes .apk from gingerbread you can try pulling it out of that rom

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk
works!
thank you!!!
if someone wants me to send the apk , just PM me.

DerKoch
Old
Thanks Meter 35
I am having this exact same problem. I am using build 4.2 and have a microcell about 15 feet from my phone when I go to bed. In the mornings when i wake up I can reliably say that I have no signal bars, but a solid grey triangle (best as I can see) and flipping wifi, airplane mode or wireless data has no effect regaining signal.

The only fix I've found is a full reboot.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for all the hard work! I love ics!
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrubinator View Post
I have the same problem with every ICS rom to ever come out for the captivate: I randomly lose all signal and the only way to fix it is either a reboot, or toggling airplane mode on and off. On some roms only a reboot helps. WHAT IS THIS!?!? It is driving me nuts.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA App

mbc663
Old
Thanks Meter 1033

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerKoch View Post
I am having this exact same problem. I am using build 4.2 and have a microcell about 15 feet from my phone when I go to bed. In the mornings when i wake up I can reliably say that I have no signal bars, but a solid grey triangle (best as I can see) and flipping wifi, airplane mode or wireless data has no effect regaining signal.

The only fix I've found is a full reboot.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for all the hard work! I love ics!

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA App
can also duplicate this problem on a friggin daily basis and its aggrevating to say the least. whats even more annoying is i use google voice to talk on the phone since its CONSTANTLY dropping out and for some reason when my signal drops, my wifi drops for a second disconnecting my conversation. i blame at&t most of the time because i get a horrible signal in my home and thought of getting a micro cell for this reason alone but this even happened to me on GB minus the google voice issue.

pickupman66
Old
Thanks Meter 263

DONATE TO ME
mbc663,

what modem do you use? we have a Microcell at work and I live in a rural area with poor coverage as well. we live on the very edge of 3g and the 2g isnt very good. My office is a steel warehouse so nothing makes it inside, hence the microcell. have you tried teh UGKG3 modem? I used that on this ROM and it worked really good for me in low signal areas. I recently swapped to the Collective ICS rom and it works on that one good too...

Got it from this page..
http://soggycashew.weebly.com/cm7miui--ics-modems.html

mbc663
Old
Thanks Meter 1033

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickupman66 View Post
mbc663,

what modem do you use? we have a Microcell at work and I live in a rural area with poor coverage as well. we live on the very edge of 3g and the 2g isnt very good. My office is a steel warehouse so nothing makes it inside, hence the microcell. have you tried teh UGKG3 modem? I used that on this ROM and it worked really good for me in low signal areas. I recently swapped to the Collective ICS rom and it works on that one good too...

Got it from this page..
http://soggycashew.weebly.com/cm7miui--ics-modems.html
ive been back and forth between kp1 and jk4. im seriously starting to doubt its modem related. if my signal drops, the modem isnt going to do anything. i will however give kg3 a try tonight, oddly i dont know why i havent yet with all the talk about it. i though kp1 is as good as it gets with the 10-20 i tried. ill let u know tonight how its working out for me. thanks bro.

Xenocide83
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Default USB Problem

Sorry if this has been answered already but I have checked the Q&A as well as done a search on this forum with no luck. I am running into the problem of not being able to write files from my PC to the Internal or External SD card when connected via USB. I keep getting the error that it is write-protected. I have tried various drivers to get this to work with no luck. I have tried Android R04, Nexus S and Samsung drivers all with the same outcome. Any suggestions?

silvertag
Old
Thanks Meter 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenocide83 View Post
Sorry if this has been answered already but I have checked the Q&A as well as done a search on this forum with no luck. I am running into the problem of not being able to write files from my PC to the Internal or External SD card when connected via USB. I keep getting the error that it is write-protected. I have tried various drivers to get this to work with no luck. I have tried Android R04, Nexus S and Samsung drivers all with the same outcome. Any suggestions?
Menu/Settings/Storage/Menu/USB computer connection ... Are you set to USB Mass Storage ?.

Xenocide83
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Yes I am... I have toggled back and forth between USB Mass Storage and MTP to try different connections and still no luck I attempted to mount in CWM as well and still get write-protected

silvertag
Old
Thanks Meter 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenocide83 View Post
Yes I am... I have toggled back and forth between USB Mass Storage and MTP to try different connections and still no luck I attempted to mount in CWM as well and still get write-protected
<Shooting blind here>
Have you tried to removing the external card and reboot ?
Have you by any chance activated the ICS encryption feature ?

Xenocide83
Old
Thanks Meter 81
1. Have you tried to removing the external card and reboot ?

Yes I have. I have unmounted, ejected, rebooted and tried transferring to just the phone, no luck. Re-inserted the SD and tried writing to phone and card, no luck

2. Have you by any chance activated the ICS encryption feature ?

Haven't touched ICS encryption at all. None of the ICS versions have allowed me to successfully write files to my phone. Pre-ICS allows me just fine.

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe