Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[ROM][*NEW*] |Aug 6th| Energy™ -.¸¸.·´¯ ICS 4.0.3 Tweaks / Beats / Blue ¯´·.¸¸. -

OP NRGZ28

27th February 2012, 02:58 AM   |  #1011  
Thanks Meter: 11

81 posts
I loaded this ROM yesterday and it's excellent. I'm only noticing a few minor issues for me at the moment. First, is anyone else getting the browser when they tap on the personalize button on the home screen that's to the right of the dialer? I don't know if this was happening right after the initial install because I typically never use that button.

The other would be the light bleed from the capacitive buttons because I've now seen that RootDim isn't able to keep those lights off after a reboot. Could this mod be incorporated in a future update?

The remaining two issues are Facebook and Visual Voicemail force close. Those really don't bother me since I don't use them.

Overall, I'm very pleased with Energy. As a graphic designer, I think the theme is just about perfect. That's how you do a palette shift cleanly without going over the top using poorly done gradients and incorporating blue at every inopportune opportunity.
The Following User Says Thank You to Snakecharmed For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th February 2012, 03:27 AM   |  #1012  
Recognized Contributor
dragging knee on the track
Thanks Meter: 2,051

1,639 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakecharmed

I loaded this ROM yesterday and it's excellent. I'm only noticing a few minor issues for me at the moment. First, is anyone else getting the browser when they tap on the personalize button on the home screen that's to the right of the dialer? I don't know if this was happening right after the initial install because I typically never use that button.

The other would be the light bleed from the capacitive buttons because I've now seen that RootDim isn't able to keep those lights off after a reboot. Could this mod be incorporated in a future update?

The remaining two issues are Facebook and Visual Voicemail force close. Those really don't bother me since I don't use them.

Overall, I'm very pleased with Energy. As a graphic designer, I think the theme is just about perfect. That's how you do a palette shift cleanly without going over the top using poorly done gradients and incorporating blue at every inopportune opportunity.

You can customize the palette button in tweaks. Rootdim has never kept the lights off after reboot for me on stock or on energy. Never had the other 2 issues you have
The Following User Says Thank You to mrmako777 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th February 2012, 03:57 AM   |  #1013  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 65

295 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGZ28

Undervolting or overvolting brings nothing but headaches and instability. Not worth it. The ROM has great battery life as it its.. leave it alone

Hecks yeah it does. You see my screen shot. 15hr+ on a Anker 1900mAmp battery full charge
27th February 2012, 04:07 AM   |  #1014  
Flag Surrey
Thanks Meter: 186

752 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by YungMage

Hecks yeah it does. You see my screen shot. 15hr+ on a Anker 1900mAmp battery full charge

I'm getting very close to that on stock battery without undervolting.
27th February 2012, 04:08 AM   |  #1015  
Thanks Meter: 11

81 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmako777

You can customize the palette button in tweaks. Rootdim has never kept the lights off after reboot for me on stock or on energy. Never had the other 2 issues you have

So that's what that tweak did! For some reason, I had a complete brain cramp and thought that setting had something to do with changing icons.

Thanks for the tip. That's not the first time a setting was in plain view and I imagined that it did something completely different.
27th February 2012, 05:01 AM   |  #1016  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 65

295 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimczyz

I guess I'm the only one that uses bt.

I do too especially when I get in my car it connects to my car bt

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGZ28

An ICS ROM is out of the question now. Not until HTC decides to at least leak an ICS build for the Amaze. Xboarder was having a tough time even getting bluetooth to work with his Sense 3.5 port because the Sensation and Amaze have different BT/WiFI chips and editing HTC"s framework for that is a royal pain in the ass. And in the end.. it'lll still just be patch work. Might as well wait a little more for the ICS ROM to come out from HTC

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your work. Thank You!!!

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by marleyfan61

I'm getting very close to that on stock battery without undervolting.

Yea I noticed the ppl I rooted and put this rom on their phone are getting close to mine too. Me thinks this anker battery is jiffing me.

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

Quote:

Update your recovery to 5.5.0.4

Donation:
Confirmation number: 4TT9312371163344T
Donation amount: $10.00 USD
Total: $10.00 USD
Purpose: XDA Developer NRGZ28
Last edited by YungMage; 27th February 2012 at 05:29 AM.
27th February 2012, 06:28 AM   |  #1017  
Flag Saint Louis, MO
Thanks Meter: 70

275 posts
More
Quote:

Appreciate that link/mod you included. Took me a while to get it to work because it kept giving me boot loops, but I finally got it to work. (actually had to go into the EnergyRom zip, replace the file, and reinstall the rom completely) No more button lights!
27th February 2012, 03:28 PM   |  #1018  
Flag Cleveland
Thanks Meter: 94

477 posts
Donate to Me
More
Wink No, you are not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimczyz

I guess I'm the only one that uses bt.

Many of us who live in states where you can not use your cell while driving use BT. I stream all my music to my car when traveling and also have navigation and text/emails read to me, while conversing with people all hands free. I also use a tablet that communicates with my phone via BT, and will let me use it's data connection through BT. In this day and age I cannot imagine anyone who drives not using BT. Of course I have realized that many users of this phone are still in school so many of them may not be driving or think that they can use their phone safely while doing so. So anyhow, you are not alone. V
27th February 2012, 05:36 PM   |  #1019  
Recognized Contributor
dragging knee on the track
Thanks Meter: 2,051

1,639 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MildewMan

Appreciate that link/mod you included. Took me a while to get it to work because it kept giving me boot loops, but I finally got it to work. (actually had to go into the EnergyRom zip, replace the file, and reinstall the rom completely) No more button lights!

Mind sharing what you did or pointing me in the direction to do the same?
27th February 2012, 05:56 PM   |  #1020  
Flag Saint Louis, MO
Thanks Meter: 70

275 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmako777

Mind sharing what you did or pointing me in the direction to do the same?

Surely.

I uploaded the edited framework apk that I made last night (with edited values to keep the button lights off) here.

IMPORTANT FOR ANYONE ELSE READING THIS: This file is only meant for the Feb 3rd release of the Energy ROM for the Amaze. Don't use it in any other rom because it could give you problems!

With that said, if you don't trust my file, you can follow that link that the other poster gave and make your own with those instructions. If you decide to make your own, keep in mind you can just get the file you are going to edit from NRG's zip...you don't have to pull it off of your phone like the instructions say. Otherwise, you can do one of two things.

1. You can use ADB to remount your system and push that file directly into your /system/framework folder (this caused me to go into boot loops, but according to the original instructions, it was supposed to work...it just didn't for me. Maybe if I turned my phone off first it might have?)

or

2. How I got it to work was to re-d/l NRG's zip, open it, go into /system/framework and replace the file in there with this one. Then I just re-installed the ROM (without wiping or clearing anything), and the buttons now stay off.

The Following User Says Thank You to MildewMan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread