Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,032 Members 52,749 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][*NEW*] |Aug 6th| Energy™ -.¸¸.·´¯ ICS 4.0.3 Tweaks / Beats / Blue ¯´·.¸¸. -

Tip us?

Snakecharmed
Old
Thanks Meter 11
I loaded this ROM yesterday and it's excellent. I'm only noticing a few minor issues for me at the moment. First, is anyone else getting the browser when they tap on the personalize button on the home screen that's to the right of the dialer? I don't know if this was happening right after the initial install because I typically never use that button.

The other would be the light bleed from the capacitive buttons because I've now seen that RootDim isn't able to keep those lights off after a reboot. Could this mod be incorporated in a future update?

The remaining two issues are Facebook and Visual Voicemail force close. Those really don't bother me since I don't use them.

Overall, I'm very pleased with Energy. As a graphic designer, I think the theme is just about perfect. That's how you do a palette shift cleanly without going over the top using poorly done gradients and incorporating blue at every inopportune opportunity.
HTC Amaze 4G
EnergyROM 8.6.2012 (HTC Sense 3.6, Android 4.0.3) • HTC Stock Kernel • 4EXT Recovery 1.0.0.5 RC7 • AmazonBasics 16GB Class 10 microSDHC Card

HTC Glacier T-Mobile myTouch 4G
Virtuous Unity 2.39 (HTC Sense 3.0) • ClockworkMod Recovery 5.0.2.0 • 0.85.2007 Engineering Bootloader • 12.28b.60.140eU_26.03.02.26_M Radio • 245MHz/1.2GHz Min/Max Speed • Bricked
The Following User Says Thank You to Snakecharmed For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mrmako777
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakecharmed View Post
I loaded this ROM yesterday and it's excellent. I'm only noticing a few minor issues for me at the moment. First, is anyone else getting the browser when they tap on the personalize button on the home screen that's to the right of the dialer? I don't know if this was happening right after the initial install because I typically never use that button.

The other would be the light bleed from the capacitive buttons because I've now seen that RootDim isn't able to keep those lights off after a reboot. Could this mod be incorporated in a future update?

The remaining two issues are Facebook and Visual Voicemail force close. Those really don't bother me since I don't use them.

Overall, I'm very pleased with Energy. As a graphic designer, I think the theme is just about perfect. That's how you do a palette shift cleanly without going over the top using poorly done gradients and incorporating blue at every inopportune opportunity.
You can customize the palette button in tweaks. Rootdim has never kept the lights off after reboot for me on stock or on energy. Never had the other 2 issues you have
Google Nexus 5 :: Stock 4.4.4 (rooted)
Samsung Galaxy S III :: Stock 4.3 (rooted)
HTC Amaze 4G (S-OFF) :: Retired
Motorola Xoom (GED) :: Retired
HTC Mytouch 4G :: Retired
Motorola Milestone XT720 :: Retired

Check out my auctions on eBay

Follow me on tumblr.
The Following User Says Thank You to mrmako777 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

YungMage
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGZ28 View Post
Undervolting or overvolting brings nothing but headaches and instability. Not worth it. The ROM has great battery life as it its.. leave it alone
Hecks yeah it does. You see my screen shot. 15hr+ on a Anker 1900mAmp battery full charge
The Thanks Button makes me feel GOOD

Current: HTC Amaze 4G Energy ROM 5.31.2012
S-Off
HTC Stock Kernel Image
Titanium backed up Apps 32GB Class 10

Retired: MyTouch with Cyanogen 6.0.0-RC#
RA-Dream-1.7.2G Recovery image
Apps2SD 4GB Class 4 SD ext2
Compcache enabled
Linux Swap
Sd Card Ext3

marleyfan61
Old
Thanks Meter 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by YungMage View Post
Hecks yeah it does. You see my screen shot. 15hr+ on a Anker 1900mAmp battery full charge
I'm getting very close to that on stock battery without undervolting.
Phone: Nexus 5
ROM: Paranoid Android 4.5 BETA-2
Recovery: TWRP
Kernel: Stock
Headpones: Beyerdynamic Tesla DT-1350, Sennheiser CX 880i

Snakecharmed
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmako777 View Post
You can customize the palette button in tweaks. Rootdim has never kept the lights off after reboot for me on stock or on energy. Never had the other 2 issues you have
So that's what that tweak did! For some reason, I had a complete brain cramp and thought that setting had something to do with changing icons.

Thanks for the tip. That's not the first time a setting was in plain view and I imagined that it did something completely different.
HTC Amaze 4G
EnergyROM 8.6.2012 (HTC Sense 3.6, Android 4.0.3) • HTC Stock Kernel • 4EXT Recovery 1.0.0.5 RC7 • AmazonBasics 16GB Class 10 microSDHC Card

HTC Glacier T-Mobile myTouch 4G
Virtuous Unity 2.39 (HTC Sense 3.0) • ClockworkMod Recovery 5.0.2.0 • 0.85.2007 Engineering Bootloader • 12.28b.60.140eU_26.03.02.26_M Radio • 245MHz/1.2GHz Min/Max Speed • Bricked

YungMage
Old
(Last edited by YungMage; 27th February 2012 at 04:29 AM.)
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimczyz View Post
I guess I'm the only one that uses bt.
I do too especially when I get in my car it connects to my car bt

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGZ28 View Post
An ICS ROM is out of the question now. Not until HTC decides to at least leak an ICS build for the Amaze. Xboarder was having a tough time even getting bluetooth to work with his Sense 3.5 port because the Sensation and Amaze have different BT/WiFI chips and editing HTC"s framework for that is a royal pain in the ass. And in the end.. it'lll still just be patch work. Might as well wait a little more for the ICS ROM to come out from HTC
I LOVE LOVE LOVE your work. Thank You!!!

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by marleyfan61 View Post
I'm getting very close to that on stock battery without undervolting.
Yea I noticed the ppl I rooted and put this rom on their phone are getting close to mine too. Me thinks this anker battery is jiffing me.

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

Quote:

Update your recovery to 5.5.0.4

Donation:
Confirmation number: 4TT9312371163344T
Donation amount: $10.00 USD
Total: $10.00 USD
Purpose: XDA Developer NRGZ28
The Thanks Button makes me feel GOOD

Current: HTC Amaze 4G Energy ROM 5.31.2012
S-Off
HTC Stock Kernel Image
Titanium backed up Apps 32GB Class 10

Retired: MyTouch with Cyanogen 6.0.0-RC#
RA-Dream-1.7.2G Recovery image
Apps2SD 4GB Class 4 SD ext2
Compcache enabled
Linux Swap
Sd Card Ext3

MildewMan
Old
Thanks Meter 70
Quote:

Appreciate that link/mod you included. Took me a while to get it to work because it kept giving me boot loops, but I finally got it to work. (actually had to go into the EnergyRom zip, replace the file, and reinstall the rom completely) No more button lights!
Devices:
32 GB Google Nexus 5 - Stock 4.4.2 - Rooted
16 GB Google Nexus 4 - sold
HTC Ruby (Amaze 4G) - sold
Motorola Xoom (Wifi) - 4.4.2 OmniRom - 32 GB Class 4 SanDisk card
HTC Glacier (MyTouch 4G) - sold
HTC T-Mobile G1 - GinSense v1.0

vvveith
Old
Thanks Meter 87

DONATE TO ME
Wink No, you are not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimczyz View Post
I guess I'm the only one that uses bt.
Many of us who live in states where you can not use your cell while driving use BT. I stream all my music to my car when traveling and also have navigation and text/emails read to me, while conversing with people all hands free. I also use a tablet that communicates with my phone via BT, and will let me use it's data connection through BT. In this day and age I cannot imagine anyone who drives not using BT. Of course I have realized that many users of this phone are still in school so many of them may not be driving or think that they can use their phone safely while doing so. So anyhow, you are not alone. V

Asus Transformer Prime/LG G3/Samsung Note 3
Stock Radio latest version
Latest Samsung Update
SanDisc SD 32G Class10

mrmako777
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by MildewMan View Post
Appreciate that link/mod you included. Took me a while to get it to work because it kept giving me boot loops, but I finally got it to work. (actually had to go into the EnergyRom zip, replace the file, and reinstall the rom completely) No more button lights!
Mind sharing what you did or pointing me in the direction to do the same?
Google Nexus 5 :: Stock 4.4.4 (rooted)
Samsung Galaxy S III :: Stock 4.3 (rooted)
HTC Amaze 4G (S-OFF) :: Retired
Motorola Xoom (GED) :: Retired
HTC Mytouch 4G :: Retired
Motorola Milestone XT720 :: Retired

Check out my auctions on eBay

Follow me on tumblr.

MildewMan
Old
Thanks Meter 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmako777 View Post
Mind sharing what you did or pointing me in the direction to do the same?
Surely.

I uploaded the edited framework apk that I made last night (with edited values to keep the button lights off) here.

IMPORTANT FOR ANYONE ELSE READING THIS: This file is only meant for the Feb 3rd release of the Energy ROM for the Amaze. Don't use it in any other rom because it could give you problems!

With that said, if you don't trust my file, you can follow that link that the other poster gave and make your own with those instructions. If you decide to make your own, keep in mind you can just get the file you are going to edit from NRG's zip...you don't have to pull it off of your phone like the instructions say. Otherwise, you can do one of two things.

1. You can use ADB to remount your system and push that file directly into your /system/framework folder (this caused me to go into boot loops, but according to the original instructions, it was supposed to work...it just didn't for me. Maybe if I turned my phone off first it might have?)

or

2. How I got it to work was to re-d/l NRG's zip, open it, go into /system/framework and replace the file in there with this one. Then I just re-installed the ROM (without wiping or clearing anything), and the buttons now stay off.
Devices:
32 GB Google Nexus 5 - Stock 4.4.2 - Rooted
16 GB Google Nexus 4 - sold
HTC Ruby (Amaze 4G) - sold
Motorola Xoom (Wifi) - 4.4.2 OmniRom - 32 GB Class 4 SanDisk card
HTC Glacier (MyTouch 4G) - sold
HTC T-Mobile G1 - GinSense v1.0

The Following User Says Thank You to MildewMan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]