Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[ROM][*NEW*] |Aug 6th| Energy™ -.¸¸.·´¯ ICS 4.0.3 Tweaks / Beats / Blue ¯´·.¸¸. -

OP NRGZ28

8th March 2012, 10:25 PM   |  #1271  
Flag ap0pka
Thanks Meter: 606

2,796 posts
More
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by glacierguy

So I was changing my icons with ROM toolbox to honeycomb icons. I got all of them to change EXCEPT for the 4G icon and the signal icon. I was successful in changing the battery, 3G, WiFi, vibrate, adb, and usb icons, but not the 4g and signal icons.

Is that because they're a part of the ROM's added theming by NRG and the themed icons override the ones I'm trying to use?

sounds like a good possibility, are you speaking of the icons in the status bar, or elsewhere?

check the theme apk...
The Following User Says Thank You to blast0id For This Useful Post: [ View ]
glacierguy
8th March 2012, 10:28 PM   |  #1272  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamminzIS

sounds like a good possibility, are you speaking of the icons in the status bar, or elsewhere?

check the theme apk...

Yeah status bar. I've never looked inside of a themes apk before. I'll take a look now

Edit: So I looked at the AmazingSenseBlue.apk (i think that's what its called) and looked at what I could and it was all Greek to me. All I could understand was the html manifest

Sent from my Energized HTC Ruby using XDA-Premium or Tapatalk
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1331242042741.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	938037  
Last edited by glacierguy; 8th March 2012 at 10:30 PM.
9th March 2012, 01:35 AM   |  #1273  
Flag ap0pka

2,796 posts
More
Wink
Quote:

Yeah status bar. I've never looked inside of a themes apk before. I'll take a look now

Edit: So I looked at the AmazingSenseBlue.apk (i think that's what its called) and looked at what I could and it was all Greek to me. All I could understand was the html manifest

use seven zip and look in this folder /res/drawable-hdpi and /res/drawable-land-hdpi there's a bunch of pngs in there... also in the /assets/AmazingSense/drawable folder there is an m10 file which you can use m10 tools (not sure the actual name now, but it was developed by a couple of the guys from virtuousrom team) and you can edit some more files that are compiled into that m10 file...

edit: here are the filenames in the /res/drawable-hdpi folder that start with "status"
Code:
status_bar_icon_task_manager.png
status_bar_icons_tile.png
status_bar_item_background_focus.9.png
status_bar_item_background_normal.9.png
status_bar_item_background_pressed.9.png
status_bar_separator.9.png
status_bar_tab_off.9.png
status_bar_tab_on.9.png
status_bar_titlebar_2round_rest.9.png
status_bar_titlebar_btn_press.9.png
status_bar_titlebar_btn_rest.9.png
status_bar_titlebar_left.9.png
statusbar_background.png
statusbar_background_l.png
status_bar_app_action_bg.9.png
status_bar_app_bg.png
status_bar_close.9.png
status_bar_close_on.9.png
status_bar_header_background.9.png
status_bar_icon_bkg.png
The Following User Says Thank You to blast0id For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th March 2012, 02:06 AM   |  #1274  
Recognized Contributor
dragging knee on the track
Thanks Meter: 2,051

1,639 posts
More
Quote:

So I was changing my icons with ROM toolbox to honeycomb icons. I got all of them to change EXCEPT for the 4G icon and the signal icon. I was successful in changing the battery, 3G, WiFi, vibrate, adb, and usb icons, but not the 4g and signal icons.

Is that because they're a part of the ROM's added theming by NRG and the themed icons override the ones I'm trying to use?

thats amazing, i tried changing stuff up with rom toolbox and could only get 1 style battery percentage icon to work, and then, it wouldnt drop past 100% LOL
glacierguy
9th March 2012, 02:17 AM   |  #1275  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamminzIS

use seven zip and look in this folder /res/drawable-hdpi and /res/drawable-land-hdpi there's a bunch of pngs in there... also in the /assets/AmazingSense/drawable folder there is an m10 file which you can use m10 tools (not sure the actual name now, but it was developed by a couple of the guys from virtuousrom team) and you can edit some more files that are compiled into that m10 file...

edit: here are the filenames in the /res/drawable-hdpi folder that start with "status"

Code:
status_bar_icon_task_manager.png
status_bar_icons_tile.png
status_bar_item_background_focus.9.png
status_bar_item_background_normal.9.png
status_bar_item_background_pressed.9.png
status_bar_separator.9.png
status_bar_tab_off.9.png
status_bar_tab_on.9.png
status_bar_titlebar_2round_rest.9.png
status_bar_titlebar_btn_press.9.png
status_bar_titlebar_btn_rest.9.png
status_bar_titlebar_left.9.png
statusbar_background.png
statusbar_background_l.png
status_bar_app_action_bg.9.png
status_bar_app_bg.png
status_bar_close.9.png
status_bar_close_on.9.png
status_bar_header_background.9.png
status_bar_icon_bkg.png

Thanks a lot man for all of this, but from a noobs untrained eye, none of those look like any of the icons for signal, WiFi, and 4G. Those are the 3 that I noticed wouldn't change. This is at least a start, and its much appreciated. Thanks again. I'm gonna Google what those mean and go from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmako777

thats amazing, i tried changing stuff up with rom toolbox and could only get 1 style battery percentage icon to work, and then, it wouldnt drop past 100% LOL

I've tried a few battery icons, and they all worked for me. Just make sure u pick one that goes down in 1% increments. U prolly had a 20% increment and so it wouldn't drop til it got to 80%

9th March 2012, 02:44 AM   |  #1276  
Thanks Meter: 28

164 posts
More
i am having a problem with the network with certain apps and my comcast email. the internet works fine and so do most of my other apps that need the network. when i try to setup my email using my comcast email it cant connect to their network. i also have a problem with apps like words with friends. when i got to log on it says network error please try again later. i have used a few different kernels that still allow bluetooth and wifi to work. i have tried the stock kernel and the one that came with the rom. any one have any suggestions. i have contacted both zynga for the app and tmobile and they dont have any answers. obviously i didnt tell either that i am running a custom rom.
9th March 2012, 02:44 AM   |  #1277  
Thanks Meter: 912

2,128 posts
Signal icons are in framework-res.apk if I remeber correctly. I haven't themed in a long time. You can also look in SystemUI.apk for other stuff.
The Following User Says Thank You to Double0EK For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th March 2012, 03:06 AM   |  #1278  
Flag Sacramento, Ca
Thanks Meter: 1,035

1,492 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by probablecauz69

i am having a problem with the network with certain apps and my comcast email. the internet works fine and so do most of my other apps that need the network. when i try to setup my email using my comcast email it cant connect to their network. i also have a problem with apps like words with friends. when i got to log on it says network error please try again later. i have used a few different kernels that still allow bluetooth and wifi to work. i have tried the stock kernel and the one that came with the rom. any one have any suggestions. i have contacted both zynga for the app and tmobile and they dont have any answers. obviously i didnt tell either that i am running a custom rom.

Words with friends works fine for me. Im using fauxs kernel

Sent from my NRGized Amaze...
via xda premium
9th March 2012, 03:08 AM   |  #1279  
Flag ap0pka

2,796 posts
More
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double0EK

Signal icons are in framework-res.apk if I remeber correctly. I haven't themed in a long time. You can also look in SystemUI.apk for other stuff.

this is correct, they both actually contain some of the icons, should be in a very similar folder structure glacierguy...
9th March 2012, 03:13 AM   |  #1280  
Thanks Meter: 28

164 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj_2423

Words with friends works fine for me. Im using fauxs kernel

Sent from my NRGized Amaze...
via xda premium

which version are you using

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread