FORUMS

OnePlus 2 Forums: Discuss Everything About The OP2!

Now that the OnePlus 2 has been officially unveiled and that we have had close-up … more

Intel & Micron Announce “Revolutionary” Storage Tech

Intel & Micron have announced 3D Xpoint technology—”the … more

Google Now Interfaces With Third-Party Messaging Apps

Google has announced that Ok Google voice commands can now be used to send … more

Make Your Lockscreen More Productive With Widgets

Are you running Android Lollipop? Do you miss the ability to add widgets to your lock … more

[ROM][*NEW*] |Aug 6th| Energy™ -.¸¸.·´¯ ICS 4.0.3 Tweaks / Beats / Blue ¯´·.¸¸. -

10,477 posts
Thanks Meter: 10,051

By NRGZ28, Retired Senior Mod & Senior RD - (old) King of WinMo on 25th November 2011, 08:43 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
8th March 2012, 09:25 PM |#1271  
Flag ap0pka
Thanks Meter: 606

More
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by glacierguy

So I was changing my icons with ROM toolbox to honeycomb icons. I got all of them to change EXCEPT for the 4G icon and the signal icon. I was successful in changing the battery, 3G, WiFi, vibrate, adb, and usb icons, but not the 4g and signal icons.

Is that because they're a part of the ROM's added theming by NRG and the themed icons override the ones I'm trying to use?

sounds like a good possibility, are you speaking of the icons in the status bar, or elsewhere?

check the theme apk...
The Following User Says Thank You to blast0id For This Useful Post: [ View ]

glacierguy
8th March 2012, 09:28 PM |#1272  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamminzIS

sounds like a good possibility, are you speaking of the icons in the status bar, or elsewhere?

check the theme apk...

Yeah status bar. I've never looked inside of a themes apk before. I'll take a look now

Edit: So I looked at the AmazingSenseBlue.apk (i think that's what its called) and looked at what I could and it was all Greek to me. All I could understand was the html manifest

Sent from my Energized HTC Ruby using XDA-Premium or Tapatalk
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1331242042741.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	938037  
Last edited by glacierguy; 8th March 2012 at 09:30 PM.
9th March 2012, 12:35 AM |#1273  
Flag ap0pka

More
Wink
Quote:

Yeah status bar. I've never looked inside of a themes apk before. I'll take a look now

Edit: So I looked at the AmazingSenseBlue.apk (i think that's what its called) and looked at what I could and it was all Greek to me. All I could understand was the html manifest

use seven zip and look in this folder /res/drawable-hdpi and /res/drawable-land-hdpi there's a bunch of pngs in there... also in the /assets/AmazingSense/drawable folder there is an m10 file which you can use m10 tools (not sure the actual name now, but it was developed by a couple of the guys from virtuousrom team) and you can edit some more files that are compiled into that m10 file...

edit: here are the filenames in the /res/drawable-hdpi folder that start with "status"
Code:
status_bar_icon_task_manager.png
status_bar_icons_tile.png
status_bar_item_background_focus.9.png
status_bar_item_background_normal.9.png
status_bar_item_background_pressed.9.png
status_bar_separator.9.png
status_bar_tab_off.9.png
status_bar_tab_on.9.png
status_bar_titlebar_2round_rest.9.png
status_bar_titlebar_btn_press.9.png
status_bar_titlebar_btn_rest.9.png
status_bar_titlebar_left.9.png
statusbar_background.png
statusbar_background_l.png
status_bar_app_action_bg.9.png
status_bar_app_bg.png
status_bar_close.9.png
status_bar_close_on.9.png
status_bar_header_background.9.png
status_bar_icon_bkg.png
The Following User Says Thank You to blast0id For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th March 2012, 01:06 AM |#1274  
Recognized Contributor
dragging knee on the track
Thanks Meter: 2,054

More
Quote:

So I was changing my icons with ROM toolbox to honeycomb icons. I got all of them to change EXCEPT for the 4G icon and the signal icon. I was successful in changing the battery, 3G, WiFi, vibrate, adb, and usb icons, but not the 4g and signal icons.

Is that because they're a part of the ROM's added theming by NRG and the themed icons override the ones I'm trying to use?

thats amazing, i tried changing stuff up with rom toolbox and could only get 1 style battery percentage icon to work, and then, it wouldnt drop past 100% LOL
glacierguy
9th March 2012, 01:17 AM |#1275  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamminzIS

use seven zip and look in this folder /res/drawable-hdpi and /res/drawable-land-hdpi there's a bunch of pngs in there... also in the /assets/AmazingSense/drawable folder there is an m10 file which you can use m10 tools (not sure the actual name now, but it was developed by a couple of the guys from virtuousrom team) and you can edit some more files that are compiled into that m10 file...

edit: here are the filenames in the /res/drawable-hdpi folder that start with "status"

Code:
status_bar_icon_task_manager.png
status_bar_icons_tile.png
status_bar_item_background_focus.9.png
status_bar_item_background_normal.9.png
status_bar_item_background_pressed.9.png
status_bar_separator.9.png
status_bar_tab_off.9.png
status_bar_tab_on.9.png
status_bar_titlebar_2round_rest.9.png
status_bar_titlebar_btn_press.9.png
status_bar_titlebar_btn_rest.9.png
status_bar_titlebar_left.9.png
statusbar_background.png
statusbar_background_l.png
status_bar_app_action_bg.9.png
status_bar_app_bg.png
status_bar_close.9.png
status_bar_close_on.9.png
status_bar_header_background.9.png
status_bar_icon_bkg.png

Thanks a lot man for all of this, but from a noobs untrained eye, none of those look like any of the icons for signal, WiFi, and 4G. Those are the 3 that I noticed wouldn't change. This is at least a start, and its much appreciated. Thanks again. I'm gonna Google what those mean and go from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmako777

thats amazing, i tried changing stuff up with rom toolbox and could only get 1 style battery percentage icon to work, and then, it wouldnt drop past 100% LOL

I've tried a few battery icons, and they all worked for me. Just make sure u pick one that goes down in 1% increments. U prolly had a 20% increment and so it wouldn't drop til it got to 80%

9th March 2012, 01:44 AM |#1276  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
i am having a problem with the network with certain apps and my comcast email. the internet works fine and so do most of my other apps that need the network. when i try to setup my email using my comcast email it cant connect to their network. i also have a problem with apps like words with friends. when i got to log on it says network error please try again later. i have used a few different kernels that still allow bluetooth and wifi to work. i have tried the stock kernel and the one that came with the rom. any one have any suggestions. i have contacted both zynga for the app and tmobile and they dont have any answers. obviously i didnt tell either that i am running a custom rom.
9th March 2012, 01:44 AM |#1277  
Thanks Meter: 974

More
Signal icons are in framework-res.apk if I remeber correctly. I haven't themed in a long time. You can also look in SystemUI.apk for other stuff.
The Following User Says Thank You to Double0EK For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th March 2012, 02:06 AM |#1278  
Flag Sacramento, Ca
Thanks Meter: 1,039

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by probablecauz69

i am having a problem with the network with certain apps and my comcast email. the internet works fine and so do most of my other apps that need the network. when i try to setup my email using my comcast email it cant connect to their network. i also have a problem with apps like words with friends. when i got to log on it says network error please try again later. i have used a few different kernels that still allow bluetooth and wifi to work. i have tried the stock kernel and the one that came with the rom. any one have any suggestions. i have contacted both zynga for the app and tmobile and they dont have any answers. obviously i didnt tell either that i am running a custom rom.

Words with friends works fine for me. Im using fauxs kernel

Sent from my NRGized Amaze...
via xda premium
9th March 2012, 02:08 AM |#1279  
Flag ap0pka

More
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double0EK

Signal icons are in framework-res.apk if I remeber correctly. I haven't themed in a long time. You can also look in SystemUI.apk for other stuff.

this is correct, they both actually contain some of the icons, should be in a very similar folder structure glacierguy...
9th March 2012, 02:13 AM |#1280  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj_2423

Words with friends works fine for me. Im using fauxs kernel

Sent from my NRGized Amaze...
via xda premium

which version are you using
9th March 2012, 02:41 AM |#1281  
Flag Colorado Springs
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by probablecauz69

I have my comcast email set up and have no issues.

Make sure the pop mail is mail.comcast.net...and the smtp is smtp.comcast.net

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to eichenberg For This Useful Post: [ View ]

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread