Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,406 Members 41,802 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GSM/CDMA] The EternityProject Official Motorola RAZR ROMs Thread

Tip us?

smartmazila
Old
Thanks Meter 2
hi,

I've question please. installing new rom (not branded) for example:
Branding: RETAIL en.EU means that verizons lock is unlocked?

sorry for question, If I asked in wrong directory.

onslaught86
Old
Thanks Meter 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartmazila View Post
hi,

I've question please. installing new rom (not branded) for example:
Branding: RETAIL en.EU means that verizons lock is unlocked?

sorry for question, If I asked in wrong directory.
Pay very careful attention to the model number each ROM is for. If you have a CDMA Verizon RAZR, only flash ROMs for XT912. En.EU means it is for the English-language European GSM RAZR, which is model number XT910. Flashing the wrong model's ROMs will boot loop your phone.

Sent from my XT910 using xda premium
- onslaught86

Visit scenic AndroidNZ.net for news, reviews, and how-to's

HTC Apache PPC6700=>HTC Titan PPC6800=>Samsung Omnia i900=>TMOUS HTC HD2=>Galaxy S Vibrant=>Galaxy S i9000=>Galaxy S II i9100=>Motorola RAZR XT910=>Motorola Electrify=>Galaxy S III i9300=>Galaxy Note II N7100=>Galaxy Note 3 N9005

R3dbeaver
Old
Thanks Meter 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by onslaught86 View Post
Pay very careful attention to the model number each ROM is for. If you have a CDMA Verizon RAZR, only flash ROMs for XT912. En.EU means it is for the English-language European GSM RAZR, which is model number XT910. Flashing the wrong model's ROMs will boot loop your phone.

+ Canadian and LATAM (Latin America) versions are also XT910. They don't work with EU. Then there are Asian XT910. They... works with some. lol

stangri
Old
Thanks Meter 40

DONATE TO ME
This is mainly question to fellow canucks -- so our Fido/Rogers phones cannot be flashed to the en.EU software posted here to get us to the ICS yet?

R3dbeaver
Old
Thanks Meter 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangri View Post
This is mainly question to fellow canucks -- so our Fido/Rogers phones cannot be flashed to the en.EU software posted here to get us to the ICS yet?
that is correct.

Mike The Menace
Old
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
I own a Verizon X912 RAZR. I'm currently running Arctic 2.3.1 which is based on the 6.11.748 update. My questions are A.) Are all updates flashable through CWM? (specifically the 6.12.173.XT912.Verizon.en.US Update) and B.) can I flash this update on top of Arctic 2.3.1 successfully?
Mike The Menace
Current Devices: Samsung Galaxy Note 2, Verizon Galaxy S 4 & Samsung Galaxy S 2 (Wife's)
Past Devices: Sprint Samsung Moment, Sprint & AT&T LG Optimus, Sprint HTC EVO 4G, HTC EVO 3D, HTC Thunderbolt, Samsung Droid Charge, Samsung Galaxy S 2 Skyrocket, Samsung Galaxy S 4G (Wife's), Sprint Galaxy S3.
Twitter: @MILLSTECH
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/mikemillsjr

onslaught86
Old
Thanks Meter 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike The Menace View Post
I own a Verizon X912 RAZR. I'm currently running Arctic 2.3.1 which is based on the 6.11.748 update. My questions are A.) Are all updates flashable through CWM? (specifically the 6.12.173.XT912.Verizon.en.US Update) and B.) can I flash this update on top of Arctic 2.3.1 successfully?
Updates are flashed through stock recovery, not CWM. In order to apply an update, you'll need to be on the specific stock ROM that the update checks for (See the 'from' and 'to' lines in the OP). You'll need to flash a full stock ROM using RSD Lite first, you can't go directly to an official OTA update from a custom ROM.

- onslaught86

Visit scenic AndroidNZ.net for news, reviews, and how-to's

HTC Apache PPC6700=>HTC Titan PPC6800=>Samsung Omnia i900=>TMOUS HTC HD2=>Galaxy S Vibrant=>Galaxy S i9000=>Galaxy S II i9100=>Motorola RAZR XT910=>Motorola Electrify=>Galaxy S III i9300=>Galaxy Note II N7100=>Galaxy Note 3 N9005

hugothebas
Old
Thanks Meter 10
I was browsing the LATAM-Branded-Vivo file, and there are 4 different images, wich i didnt find in the other ROMs they are:

allow-mbmloader-flashing-mbm.bin
mbmloader.bin
cdt.bin_signed
mbm.bin

I got 2 questions for the experts

1-For us who own a LATAM device and can not flash en.EU ROMs, if one of those en.EU have this files, would it be possible for us to flash it?

2-Is the opposite possible? I mean, flasing this LATAM rom on EMEA devices?

I'm asking this because as far as I know, the cdt.bin contains the signature, which is main obstacle for us.

Please correct if I'm wrong.

edangel
Old
(Last edited by edangel; 2nd March 2012 at 09:47 PM.)
Thanks Meter 72
guys i need some help..!i was on 651.73.30 EU and after flashing again with RDS LITE i am stuck at AP Fastboot (S) Boot failure and invalid GG OTV errors..

how can i fix it?i cant get past the Fastboot screen

EDIT...never mind..i changed usb port and it worked finally

usrname
Old
Thanks Meter 10
there is tmobile en.EU fastboot file available here which should be added to first post: http://www.android-hilfe.de/root-hac...erstellen.html
SPDREM_U_01.6.5.1-73_SPU-11-M1-2-DE_SIGNEuropeAustraliaEMEA_USASPDRTMDE_HWp2b_Servi ce1FF_fastboot.xml.zip
i accidently deleted some of the bloatapps and wasn't able to upgrade ota to 2.3.6. I flashed this service file and could update to 2.3.6

other: Acer A700, ASUS Nexus 7 ˛ēš˛, Moto Droid Razr XT910

The Following User Says Thank You to usrname For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]