5,595,196 Members 45,269 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][03-MAR][4.0.3] ICS Passion v13.1 - RC1.1 - No Big Update Yet

Tip us?

Shiv4m
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I don't get it, why doesn't neobuddy just post it on the xda forums with the full list of fixes and new features? Am I the only one who just doesn't want to install something because it's new, I actually want to read whats new in the updates. I'm not a facebook user and would love for neobuddy to post new updates regarding ICS Passion in this thread.

I also would like new kernels to have their own threads so its not all messy. I wanted to install kissy(?) kernel for my ICS Passion because I thought it would benefit it in some way, but the creator has yet to make a thread or reply back with a update/feature list.

Burner2K0
Old
Thanks Meter 21
After installing Kissed v2.2 on Passion v13 I'm getting this low space notification. I've flashed the kernel correctly and none of my memory is fully used. Any chance to make this go away? -_-

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

cashmundy
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by quahog_convo View Post
So, I'm getting the "random offset" error and I've gotten it every time I've tried to install this rom -_-

- Came from Team Whiskey Bionix
- Followed the instructions to use ODIN to go back to stock 2.1, then installed the GB bootloaders, then installed CM7.
- I've wiped cache and dalvik and formated /system before trying to install this rom too, and still no go.
- I've waited up to 10 minutes before pulling the battery and booting back into Recovery to try again. Still get the error, every time.

Any suggestions, y'all? I'm at a loss here :\

edit: Just tried to install CM7 again and I get an assert failed error -_- I'll try starting from scratch, I guess.

final edit: Okay, ODIN'd back to 2.1. Installed CM7, then installed the GB bootloaders again, then wiped cache, tried to install the ROM, got the first "random offset", waited 5 minutes, pulled battery, went back into recovery to install the rom again and I got the random offset AGAIN. >_< Been about 8 minutes at this point. I know if I pull the battery and try to boot the phone, I get to see the pretty GN rotating tiles boot animation, but I doubt the rom's been fully installed. Any ideas?
I hope I'm not being dense, but is the "random offset" an actual error message? It may just be referring to address space layout randomization. I *think* I remember seeing that message when I did two different ICS installs, which worked.
You could always try the CM9 alpha or icssgs. They both worked for me.

AJ06
Old
Thanks Meter 6
The "Random Offset" is a security feature in ICS. Nothing out of the ordinary.

L1LK1LLERZ
Old
Thanks Meter 175

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert1989 View Post
Does it get a lot better with the overclock? Is it safe? I use muy phone a lot so I dont want it to overheat

Yes, overclocking is safe. It speeds up your phone, and it gets smooth as hell.

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv4m View Post
I don't get it, why doesn't neobuddy just post it on the xda forums with the full list of fixes and new features? Am I the only one who just doesn't want to install something because it's new, I actually want to read whats new in the updates. I'm not a facebook user and would love for neobuddy to post new updates regarding ICS Passion in this thread.

I also would like new kernels to have their own threads so its not all messy. I wanted to install kissy(?) kernel for my ICS Passion because I thought it would benefit it in some way, but the creator has yet to make a thread or reply back with a update/feature list.
The creator of kernel doesn't like XDA, that's why he posts his updates on facebook, and if you want the latest kernel for this ROM, then get ICS Kiss which is in my signature.
Phone:Samsung Vibrant.
Rom:ICZen 1.8.5 by Br1cK'd
Kernel: Devil3_1.1.0 by DerTeufel1980.

DON'T SAY THANKS, JUST CLICK IT !
The Following User Says Thank You to L1LK1LLERZ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mveksler
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by L1LK1LLERZ View Post
Yes, overclocking is safe. It speeds up your phone, and it gets smooth as hell.

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

The creator of kernel doesn't like XDA, that's why he posts his updates on facebook, and if you want the latest kernel for this ROM, then get ICS Kiss which is in my signature.
Is there a newer one like yum #5 from yesterday? I am running it now yum yum realty good #2.

quahog_convo
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashmundy View Post
I hope I'm not being dense, but is the "random offset" an actual error message? It may just be referring to address space layout randomization. I *think* I remember seeing that message when I did two different ICS installs, which worked.
You could always try the CM9 alpha or icssgs. They both worked for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ06 View Post
The "Random Offset" is a security feature in ICS. Nothing out of the ordinary.
Yeah, I've run into that error in the past installing an ICS rom on my Sensation and it eventually went through fine.

My problem with my brother's Vibrant and this install is that I'm definitely waiting about 10 minutes and seeing no progress bar movement whatsoever. From what I've read in the thread, that's definitely way too long and shouldn't be the case.

I have noticed that if I pull the battery and boot the phone, I get the default spinning multicolored tiles boot animation, but I've never really waited to see if the phone would actually boot the OS since that seems to go on for a very long time, too.

Are y'all suggesting that when it does get to that roughly 3/4th mark of the progress bar installation and when I've waited those excruciating 10 minutes of no change that it's going to eventually finish or that it's installed okay?

But yeah, I guess I can try to install one of the other ICS based roms and see how it goes.

anon1ski
Old
Thanks Meter 1
What exactly are the Ecstasy files?

papi5120
Old
Thanks Meter 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by anon1ski View Post
What exactly are the Ecstasy files?
its a MIUI based rom

Sent from my SGH-T959 using xda premium
HTC G1 - dead
MOTOROLA Clik - destroyed
SAMSUNG Galaxy S Vibrant - given to brother
HTC One S - sold
SAMSUNG Galaxy S3 - sold
GOOGLE / LG Nexus 4 - in my pants

Robert1989
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Passion features better batery life, but I noticed my battery discharge slightly faster than with my previous stock froyo 2.2...is this expected since it has a lot of features and its IC4.0.3?

Tags
4.0.3, awesome, creamy, ice cream sandwich, ics, neobuddy89, passion, sweet, tasty, vibrant, yummy