Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,556 Members 42,994 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[OFFICIAL-MIUI-PT-ROM][Jan 20][U8800]MIUI v2.1.20[2.3.7][EN-PT]

Tip us?

jeremysherriff
Old
Thanks Meter 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaudio View Post
hi. i am thinking of installing custom rom..
what is the best? Aurora ou MIUI rom ? what bugs are currently found on MIUI ?

when updating from MIUI to MIUI version will i loose data?
Does Aurora have a stable/complete ROM for u8800? Or are you just talking about the Aurora ICS port? That's close, but I'm not sure I would call it a daily ROM at this point, not just yet.

This ROM is pretty good, I had some battery issues that I could never get past so I went back to CM7. I'd try this ROM if it's your first, it's very nice and very different from stock.
Feed my ORD... please?

Use this link to sign up to DropBox and get both of us a 500MB storage upgrade, free!

diogojcr
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysherriff View Post
Does Aurora have a stable/complete ROM for u8800? Or are you just talking about the Aurora ICS port? That's close, but I'm not sure I would call it a daily ROM at this point, not just yet.

This ROM is pretty good, I had some battery issues that I could never get past so I went back to CM7. I'd try this ROM if it's your first, it's very nice and very different from stock.
It seems you have no clue about Aurora ICS, it's on v1.10, perfectly stable for daily use and has no major bugs. I'm not saying that it is better or worse than the rom discussed in this thread, just saying that you are wrong, give it a try

fjsferreira
Old
Thanks Meter 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogojcr View Post
It seems you have no clue about Aurora ICS, it's on v1.10, perfectly stable for daily use and has no major bugs. I'm not saying that it is better or worse than the rom discussed in this thread, just saying that you are wrong, give it a try
Seconded. Aurora is pretty much stable at this point.

jeremysherriff
Old
(Last edited by jeremysherriff; 29th February 2012 at 06:04 AM.)
Thanks Meter 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogojcr View Post
Was planning to play with it this coming weekend, I saw the camera fix recently. But, the sdcard mounting issues, GPS app FC's, and wifi not connecting automatically would kind of point to it not being a daily ROM for someone looking to run their first custom ROM..

Edit: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1463 isn't "pretty much stable" lol

but you're right, it's not an alpha test ROM for sure

krish_nank
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Was planning to play with it this coming weekend, I saw the camera fix recently. But, the sdcard mounting issues, GPS app FC's, and wifi not connecting automatically would kind of point to it not being a daily ROM for someone looking to run their first custom ROM..

Edit: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1463 isn't "pretty much stable" lol

but you're right, it's not an alpha test ROM for sure
Is the latest portugal MIUI ROM is for GB or froyo.....???

jeremysherriff
Old
Thanks Meter 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by krish_nank View Post
Is the latest portugal MIUI ROM is for GB or froyo.....???
Do you mean, is it for devices that have been upgraded by a stock (Huawei) GB ROM to a .35 kernel?
No. This has a .32 kernel, if you have upgraded to an official GB ROM you will need to downgrade before trying this one.
Feed my ORD... please?

Use this link to sign up to DropBox and get both of us a 500MB storage upgrade, free!

krish_nank
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Do you mean, is it for devices that have been upgraded by a stock (Huawei) GB ROM to a .35 kernel?
No. This has a .32 kernel, if you have upgraded to an official GB ROM you will need to downgrade before trying this one.
But i am seeing at under GB branch for download

here http://www.miuiportugal.pt/index.php?pages/GB/#all

PaulMilbank
Old
Thanks Meter 214
it is based on 2.3.7 gingerbread miui base as opposed to 4.0 ICS base but it has a .32 froyo based kernel as opposed to the official .35 gb kernel.

jeremysherriff
Old
Thanks Meter 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by krish_nank View Post
But i am seeing at under GB branch for download

here http://www.miuiportugal.pt/index.php?pages/GB/#all
Yes, it's based on android 2.3.x (2.3.7 I think) which makes it Gingerbread. Official GB ROM's normally use .35 kernels, but many of the custom ROM's use the .32 kernel - it tends to be more stable and the drivers work easier/better.

To use a .35-kernel ROM on the u8800 you must go through the official upgrade process using a stock GB ROM. Not sure why, I think because it changes the disk partition layout and maybe also the radio firmware?

So, to put on a custom ROM using an easy method, chose one that uses the same kernel version that you have now. This is a good one if you are running a .32 kernel, there is also a MIUI port for a .35 kernel. I use a .32 kernel and CyanogenMod 7, but I used this ROM quite a while and liked it.

Edit: Dammit Paul you beat me to it - that'll teach me for typing long messages!!
Feed my ORD... please?

PaulMilbank
Old
Thanks Meter 214
gotta be quick round here.

Tags
miui, u8800