FORUMS

How to Root the LG G4 and Install TWRP Recovery – XDA TV

A rooting method has finally been found for the flagship LG G4. In this … more

New Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 Update Fixes Major Bugs

Senior Recognized Developer rovo89 has patched Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 to … more

Download Sony’s new AOSP-like concept for Xperia Z3

Over in our forums, Recognized Contributor Jozinek has posted a very … more

OnePlus 2 vs Moto X Style: Which is The Better Flagship?

Two big industry names have announced their newest flagship phones within the … more

[OFFICIAL-MIUI-PT-ROM][Jan 20][U8800]MIUI v2.1.20[2.3.7][EN-PT]

566 posts
Thanks Meter: 667
 
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
29th February 2012, 01:14 AM |#241  
jeremysherriff's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 390
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaudio

hi. i am thinking of installing custom rom..
what is the best? Aurora ou MIUI rom ? what bugs are currently found on MIUI ?

when updating from MIUI to MIUI version will i loose data?

Does Aurora have a stable/complete ROM for u8800? Or are you just talking about the Aurora ICS port? That's close, but I'm not sure I would call it a daily ROM at this point, not just yet.

This ROM is pretty good, I had some battery issues that I could never get past so I went back to CM7. I'd try this ROM if it's your first, it's very nice and very different from stock.
 
 
29th February 2012, 01:22 AM |#242  
Junior Member
Flag Sobreda
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysherriff

Does Aurora have a stable/complete ROM for u8800? Or are you just talking about the Aurora ICS port? That's close, but I'm not sure I would call it a daily ROM at this point, not just yet.

This ROM is pretty good, I had some battery issues that I could never get past so I went back to CM7. I'd try this ROM if it's your first, it's very nice and very different from stock.

It seems you have no clue about Aurora ICS, it's on v1.10, perfectly stable for daily use and has no major bugs. I'm not saying that it is better or worse than the rom discussed in this thread, just saying that you are wrong, give it a try
29th February 2012, 03:27 AM |#243  
fjsferreira's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Ponta Delgada
Thanks Meter: 1,574
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogojcr

It seems you have no clue about Aurora ICS, it's on v1.10, perfectly stable for daily use and has no major bugs. I'm not saying that it is better or worse than the rom discussed in this thread, just saying that you are wrong, give it a try

Seconded. Aurora is pretty much stable at this point.
29th February 2012, 06:01 AM |#244  
jeremysherriff's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 390
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogojcr

It seems you have no clue about Aurora ICS, it's on v1.10, perfectly stable for daily use and has no major bugs. I'm not saying that it is better or worse than the rom discussed in this thread, just saying that you are wrong, give it a try

Was planning to play with it this coming weekend, I saw the camera fix recently. But, the sdcard mounting issues, GPS app FC's, and wifi not connecting automatically would kind of point to it not being a daily ROM for someone looking to run their first custom ROM..

Edit: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1463 isn't "pretty much stable" lol

but you're right, it's not an alpha test ROM for sure
Last edited by jeremysherriff; 29th February 2012 at 06:04 AM.
29th February 2012, 07:12 AM |#245  
krish_nank's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Karnataka
Thanks Meter: 59
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysherriff

Was planning to play with it this coming weekend, I saw the camera fix recently. But, the sdcard mounting issues, GPS app FC's, and wifi not connecting automatically would kind of point to it not being a daily ROM for someone looking to run their first custom ROM..

Edit: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1463 isn't "pretty much stable" lol

but you're right, it's not an alpha test ROM for sure

Is the latest portugal MIUI ROM is for GB or froyo.....???
29th February 2012, 07:39 AM |#246  
jeremysherriff's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 390
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krish_nank

Is the latest portugal MIUI ROM is for GB or froyo.....???

Do you mean, is it for devices that have been upgraded by a stock (Huawei) GB ROM to a .35 kernel?
No. This has a .32 kernel, if you have upgraded to an official GB ROM you will need to downgrade before trying this one.
29th February 2012, 07:47 AM |#247  
krish_nank's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Karnataka
Thanks Meter: 59
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysherriff

Do you mean, is it for devices that have been upgraded by a stock (Huawei) GB ROM to a .35 kernel?
No. This has a .32 kernel, if you have upgraded to an official GB ROM you will need to downgrade before trying this one.

But i am seeing at under GB branch for download

here http://www.miuiportugal.pt/index.php?pages/GB/#all
29th February 2012, 09:04 AM |#248  
Senior Member
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 214
 
More
it is based on 2.3.7 gingerbread miui base as opposed to 4.0 ICS base but it has a .32 froyo based kernel as opposed to the official .35 gb kernel.
29th February 2012, 09:07 AM |#249  
jeremysherriff's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 390
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krish_nank

But i am seeing at under GB branch for download

here http://www.miuiportugal.pt/index.php?pages/GB/#all

Yes, it's based on android 2.3.x (2.3.7 I think) which makes it Gingerbread. Official GB ROM's normally use .35 kernels, but many of the custom ROM's use the .32 kernel - it tends to be more stable and the drivers work easier/better.

To use a .35-kernel ROM on the u8800 you must go through the official upgrade process using a stock GB ROM. Not sure why, I think because it changes the disk partition layout and maybe also the radio firmware?

So, to put on a custom ROM using an easy method, chose one that uses the same kernel version that you have now. This is a good one if you are running a .32 kernel, there is also a MIUI port for a .35 kernel. I use a .32 kernel and CyanogenMod 7, but I used this ROM quite a while and liked it.

Edit: Dammit Paul you beat me to it - that'll teach me for typing long messages!!
29th February 2012, 09:17 PM |#250  
Senior Member
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 214
 
More
gotta be quick round here.
14th March 2012, 09:08 PM |#251  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 92
 
More
Still up to date. Just went from .35 to .32. Good job. Will stay here.

Thanks

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
miui, u8800
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes