All Flash video has subtle flickering = render problem ?

Search This thread

blackstar84

May 10, 2011
I hope I am not the only one with this problem, cause I suspect it must be a software/render problem with android mediaplayer/web browser. On all flash videos I get close to transparent greyish/blackish flickering, it is kind of subtle but very irritating, and it does not look very beautiful... I wonder is there any way to fix this problem ? I think I did read somewhere the problem is that screen is 24 bit...and android is 16 bit but yeah I certainly hope there is a solution, and that is not a hardware problem...

I can for instance tell you, the brightness lightness samsung video does not have this kind of flicker...

Elenkis

Oct 24, 2011
This sounds like the problem I'm having. Flash videos play smoothly but the top half the screen has a very annoying flicker.

It happens in all flash videos, in all browsers. Other file types play without any problem though so it's very strange :confused:

SuperCayenne

Dec 17, 2011
Hey! My first post here on XDA! Just got my Note and I have the same problem as described above.

The strange thing is that the flicker on the right side (or top side if in horizontal mode), is really noticeable in lower resolutions up to 720p, but nonexistent in 1080p!?

For example, watch the first 15 sec on the Cars 2 trailer in 720 p. and see if you got it.
[I can't post a link as a new user apparently, but Google it.]

Do you guys think it is a software related issue that probaly can get fixed or should I return the phone?

Please give me some advice!