[ROM] CyanogenMod 7 Self-Kang #2 Alphafied 2.3.7 updated 2051 EST 28Nov
Please Read ENTIRE Post
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
****THIS IS A TESTING PHASE ROM THERE WILL BE ISSUES.
This is an alpha release, but you should find it stable for everyday use.
- Small Audio issues
- Camera Preview glitches when switching from camcorder to camera.
Fixed in #2:
- ADB in windows
- Gallery Rotation
- Various small graphics issues.
- In call audio bug may still exist. I can not reproduce it, but the people who can say its triggered by a reboot.
-- also noted a wipe of data and cache may bring it back also.
- First time flashing CM 7 to your Galaxy S2 (or coming from another ROM)?
1. Unlock/root your device and install Clockwork Recovery via ROM Manager
2. Do a Nandroid backup!
4. Install the ROM
5. Optionally install the Google Apps
FOR Real time discussion of the ROM and bugs etc, please join #cyanogenmod or #slayher on irc.freenode.net
This will be the best place for information gathering.
Thank you for stopping by! AND Please keep the thread on track/topic discussing the bugs and testing of the Release.</std_disclaimer.h>