Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,399 Members 52,174 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

how to fix a bricked phone.

Tip us?
 
wilbso
Old
(Last edited by wilbso; 26th November 2011 at 06:32 PM.)
#1  
wilbso's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 243
Posts: 1,369
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Internet

 
DONATE TO ME
Default how to fix a bricked phone.

Quote:
How do i rescue my bricked phone!
well the answer lies within this thread.
how do you brick a phone
well, there are many ways you can brick a phone.
1. you install the wrong software
2.you install a 'broken' rom
3. you install a recovery that isnt supported for our phone
4.or you were messing with your bootloader
etc etc... you get the point
how to rescue a bricked x8
1st: If you have done a soft brick then you can boot into xrecovery and restore your latest backup. easy
2:if restoring doesn'twork or you have a hard brick then you should either launch:SEUS (sony ericsson update service) or pc companion. click update and follow the steps.
3:if none of that works then you will have to send it off to se. if you dont get some kind of phone company to fix it then its as useless as a real brick lol or a replica of a phone.
3:you can use a flashtool to fix it as well. if you open flashtool you usally get a number of options such as unlock bootloader etc. there should be an option where you can restore it. (lol i think)
Cheers
i hope it helped. if it did then please do press the thanks button.
-wilbso
Nice to be back.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wilbso For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Chris95X8
Old
#2  
Chris95X8's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,289
Posts: 2,774
Join Date: Mar 2011
Soft Brick is the common brick we get.
Hard Brick is a brick you can only get with messing with the bootloader. There's no complete brick.

Say something about flashtool too.
 
wilbso
Old
#3  
wilbso's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 243
Posts: 1,369
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Internet

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris95X8 View Post
Soft Brick is the common brick we get.
Hard Brick is a brick you can only get with messing with the bootloader. There's no complete brick.

Say something about flashtool too.
ok. besides the complete brick is what i call doomsday. thats just my own little thing lol. and yes i will metion 'bout' the flashtool too
Nice to be back.
 
tohno
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 40
Posts: 758
Join Date: Nov 2011
how about hard brick??
 
montekristo
Old
#5  
Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 38
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: PÄRNU
Smile X8

I bricked my phone while a opened bootloader.Phone was not recognized SIM and i havent data connection too.SE PC repair does not helped me,backup file as well.Only helpful tool was S1Tool with "restore" button.It fixes my phone and i opened bootloader again with success!
Thanks for developers!!!
X8;OPENED BOOTLOADER;nAa kernel;DUAL TOUCH;GINGERXPERIA V17 2.3.7
The Following User Says Thank You to montekristo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
wilbso
Old
#6  
wilbso's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 243
Posts: 1,369
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Internet

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by montekristo View Post
I bricked my phone while a opened bootloader.Phone was not recognized SIM and i havent data connection too.SE PC repair does not helped me,backup file as well.Only helpful tool was S1Tool with "restore" button.It fixes my phone and i opened bootloader again with success!
Thanks for developers!!!
X8;OPENED BOOTLOADER;nAa kernel;DUAL TOUCH;GINGERXPERIA V17 2.3.7
Quite a few people repaired their phones with s1 tool. Iv never actually hard bricked my phone. IV done soft brick> bootloop but I fixed that be restoring a backed in xrecovery so these replies I
Getting are quite helpful. As long as your phone is repaired everything is alright.

sent from my x8 running gingerdx
Nice to be back.
 
benga_mircea
Old
#7  
benga_mircea's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 56
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Focsani
Hello, can you please help me! I bricked my xperia neo, while trying to update se tweaked rom v 8.5. Now i'm facing the "sony ericsson" screen, totaly blocked. I've tried many times to flash it, whith wotan client, flash tool, but it's imposible to enter flash mode again, no green led, only bocked se screen, please help!!! how did you manage o get into flash mode?
B.Jay Old
#8  
Guest
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by benga_mircea View Post
I bricked my xperia neo, while trying to update se tweaked rom v 8.5. Now i'm facing the "sony ericsson" screen, totaly blocked. I've tried many times to flash it, whith wotan client, flash tool, but it's imposible to enter flash mode again, no green led, only bocked se screen, please help!!! how did you manage o get into flash mode?
On the W/X8 and X10 mini/Pro you can get into FLASH MODE by keeping the back button pressed while connecting the TURNED OFF phone by USB.

That being said, you have a NEO which doesn't work that way.

Your phone has "fastboot" - to get there ... turn off the phone, keep the bottom right key pressed and connect the USB cable to the PC.

What you have to do from there on out is either best asked in the RIGHT subforum or through Google research.
 
wilbso
Old
#9  
wilbso's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 243
Posts: 1,369
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Internet

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Jay View Post
On the W/X8 and X10 mini/Pro you can get into FLASH MODE by keeping the back button pressed while connecting the TURNED OFF phone by USB.

That being said, you have a NEO which doesn't work that way.

Your phone has "fastboot" - to get there ... turn off the phone, keep the bottom right key pressed and connect the USB cable to the PC.

What you have to do from there on out is either best asked in the RIGHT subforum or through Google research.
how did you get this thread back up?

Sent from my X8 using XDA App
Nice to be back.
B.Jay Old
#10  
Guest
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilbso View Post
how did you get this thread back up?
Hummm...?
I only replied to benga_mircea's post from today.

Or ... did I miss something? *notsure*

Thread Tools
Display Modes