Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[ROM][ICS][IML74K] teamhacksung's CM9 ALPHA for Captivate (BUILD 17)

OP atinm

27th February 2012, 07:05 PM   |  #5951  
ajh5408's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
49 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexthunder

Yes I'm also curious to know if a Build 17 is in the works =) I'm currently on B16 and have had absolutely NO problems so far. Great Job!!

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA App

Nightlies are starting to crop up for a few devices as of yesterday... I guess that means their new build server is running, so hopefully the Captivate will see some love soon!
27th February 2012, 07:16 PM   |  #5952  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 145
 
810 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bondarun

Guys suggest me a Best kernel for this Rom..

Right now am on Some pawitp@pawitpmbp#1 kernel..

The developers have kindly requested that people only use the THS kernel included with the ROM (the pawitp kernel). If you insist on going against the developers wishes, please do your own research for what other kernels exist and then post exclusively in the forum for that kernel as your bug reports will do nothing to help THS if you are not using their kernel.
27th February 2012, 07:41 PM   |  #5953  
SkitchBeatz's Avatar
Senior Member
Ann Arbor, MI
Thanks Meter: 24
 
314 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexthunder

Yes I'm also curious to know if a Build 17 is in the works =) I'm currently on B16 and have had absolutely NO problems so far. Great Job!!

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA App

This is borderline asking for an ETA. Going by the trend one is in the works. We just have to be patient.
27th February 2012, 07:47 PM   |  #5954  
capefearless's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Greensboro, NC
Thanks Meter: 42
 
206 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawitp

For those with missed call problems, try flashing http://faramir.eriador.org/pawitp/riltest.zip and report back. (They are RIL libraries from XXJVU.)

Done. Well let you know how it goes.
Thanks for looking into this.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA App
27th February 2012, 08:15 PM   |  #5955  
sblees's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Charleston, WV
Thanks Meter: 11
 
143 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by capefearless

Done. Well let you know how it goes.
Thanks for looking into this.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA App

After a few days let me know if it works, I'd like to come back! Lol :)

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk
27th February 2012, 08:51 PM   |  #5956  
nyciz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag NYC - now in NE PA or ATL
Thanks Meter: 28
 
254 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by capefearless

Charging death is an issue for some folks. I never had that but had the issue with the phone rebooting randomly during calls.

It was recommended that I try Test Kernel #2 from the OP and it cleared it up for me. I believe they were recommending it for charging death as well. Shouldn't hurt anyway.

Test Kernel #2 was a potential solution for the "rebooting during calls" ? Can anyone else can confirm that this actually so?

Not knocking Capfearless, but I would confirmation before applying a kernel. I usually keep things stock. Also (i know I should search) Where is the test kernel #2 for BL15? TIA

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawitp

For those with missed call problems, try flashing http://faramir.eriador.org/pawitp/riltest.zip and report back. (They are RIL libraries from XXJVU.)

Does anyone know if this is build specific? I'm still on B15....TIA
27th February 2012, 09:30 PM   |  #5957  
RaptorOne3's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 30
 
257 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bondarun

Guys suggest me a Best kernel for this Rom..

Right now am on Some pawitp@pawitpmbp#1 kernel..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrick

The developers have kindly requested that people only use the THS kernel included with the ROM (the pawitp kernel). If you insist on going against the developers wishes, please do your own research for what other kernels exist and then post exclusively in the forum for that kernel as your bug reports will do nothing to help THS if you are not using their kernel.

+1 x 2 = What he said...

The best kernel for this ROM is the kernel that came with it! We live by that rule around here... You shouldn't even mention other kernels here... Bad juju brah...
27th February 2012, 09:30 PM   |  #5958  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
41 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Another missing feature or am I just too dumb to find it in the new menu structure: I can't find a way to disable app permissions on a per-permission basis in CM9.. Not a huge deal, but is it coming back?
27th February 2012, 09:37 PM   |  #5959  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 145
 
810 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malorkus

Another missing feature or am I just too dumb to find it in the new menu structure: I can't find a way to disable app permissions on a per-permission basis in CM9.. Not a huge deal, but is it coming back?

It is likely that we will see most CM7 apps/abilities ported to CM9 (with the exception of things that ICS does natively now). If you want any details about what is being ported, you will have to see what you can find about the core CyanogenMod development. The CM9 github is probably the best place to start (good luck if you do look).

As far as ETA's, none will be given, so don't bother asking. Watching github is about all you can do (unless you want to do your own development and contribute).
27th February 2012, 10:11 PM   |  #5960  
capefearless's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Greensboro, NC
Thanks Meter: 42
 
206 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Duplicate post see below.
Last edited by capefearless; 27th February 2012 at 10:21 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm9, icecreamhackish, ics, smooth, teamhacksung
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes