Thanks Meter 162
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Yes, wifi hotspot is broken for me as well. Took forever for it to error out but I'm unable to enable it. Oh well . . I'll live without it until an official release.
---------- Post added at 07:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 AM ----------
Instructions for flashing (as best as I can remember)
FIRST OFF I take no responsibility for you hosing your device. The instructions I'm providing SHOULD WORK, as they've worked for me. BACKUP ALL FILES on your tablet because IT WILL BE COMPLETELY ERASED upon doing this procedure.
1. Download Odin. Recommend using a recent version like the one in this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1125282 , here's a direct download link to the attachment of that post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...3&d=1308155684
2. Download EACH of the 4 files linked in the OP of this thread. Place them all in a folder you can find. The files from the FIRST and THIRD link in the OP need to be UNZIPPED as they contain TAR files that you need to flash via Odin. Unzip them now to a location you'll remember.
3. Fire up Odin on your PC and plug your tablet into a USB port (recommend a standard USB 2.0 port that's directly on the machine, not a HUB and not 3.0).
4. Shut the tablet down.
5. Hold the POWER and VOLUME UP buttons until the recovery/download menu pops up. As soon as you see it let go, otherwise the tablet will shut down and restart. At this point the green android logo will be flashing.
6. Hit VOLUME DOWN. Following the next screen prompt you will hit VOLUME UP to get into download mode on the tablet.
7. Look at Odin on your computer and verify that you see one of the boxes on the screen turn YELLOW and showing a COM port number. If you do not see that, you need the proper drivers for your tablet. Easiest way to get that is to google for Kies and download and install Kies. Reboot the PC and then load up Odin again.
8. Once Odin is seeing your tablet in download mode (yellow box indicating a COM port) you're ready to begin. Click the PDA button in Odin and find your unzipped CI905_VZW_EI03_HC32TW_REL.tar file and open it.
9. Now click START button. Your tab should now start responding and showing progress of the download. Once it's complete let it restart.
Congrats, you're now on bone stock Honeycomb 3.2 with Verizon's stock LTE ROM.
Before getting too far setting up your tab in 3.2, shut it down again and get back into download mode. This time, under PDA in Odin load in the recovery.tar.md5 file (unzipped from the third link in the OP). Click START and flash that.
You'll now have CWM recovery on your tab.
Restart the tablet again and let it boot into honeycomb. With it connected to your PC copy the pershoot kernel zip file (2nd link in OP) and the Superuser zip file (4th link in OP) to your tablet.
Shut the tablet down, power it up using POWER + VOLUME UP and this time hit VOLUME UP once the menu pops up to highlight recovery mode (left icon) and then hit VOLUME DOWN to enter recovery.
Use volume up/down to navigate to "install zip from sdcard" option, then hit POWER button. With "choose zip from sdcard" highlighted hit POWER again. Use VOLUME UP/DOWN buttons to navigate to one of the ZIP files you copied over. Select it using POWER (if it's in a folder, hit power on that folder to open the folder and then highlight the file and hit power again . . you get the idea). Scroll down to yes and hit power again.
Repeat the above for the other ZIP file. Once done restart the tablet and you'll now be on the latest pershoot kernel (as of 12/1/2011) and have superuser (root) access.