Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[ROM][LEAK]EI03 HC 3.2 TouchWiz UX leak build for VZW Galaxy Tab 10.1 LTE ONLY!!!

OP kidserious

1st December 2011, 02:11 AM   |  #31  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 239

980 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadhouseMedic

This may be a bit of a noobish question and please don't think i'm being selfish. I really appreciate the effort to make this come through for the LTE tab.

Is there anyway of making this into a flashable zip? Odin just won't cooperate with my computer and on top of it i left my USB cable at home and i am stuck at the firehouse for 48 hours. I'd really love to flash this today though.

Thanks everyone!!

Pretty sure that won't work. You can't flash a modem or bootloaders via cwm recovery. With the new kernel in 3.2, you're gonna get new modems drivers and I don't know if they will be compatible with the old radio.

Meh
Last edited by kidserious; 1st December 2011 at 04:59 AM.
1st December 2011, 06:49 AM   |  #32  
Thanks Meter: 123

303 posts
I really could use some help on this...I need step by step instructions....I don't know where to put the files in Odin...bootloader...? pda....? I've successfully rooted my tab on 3.1 and it's running great..but this is REALLY beyond me...any help here?
1st December 2011, 04:03 PM   |  #33  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 239

980 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dugryce

I really could use some help on this...I need step by step instructions....I don't know where to put the files in Odin...bootloader...? pda....? I've successfully rooted my tab on 3.1 and it's running great..but this is REALLY beyond me...any help here?

The linked EI03 tar file goes in PDA in Odin. And the other linked files come into play after you Odin the EI03 Leak tar file.

Meh
Last edited by kidserious; 1st December 2011 at 04:32 PM.
2nd December 2011, 04:17 AM   |  #34  
Thanks Meter: 123

303 posts
...thanks but where do those files go...?...and how...?
2nd December 2011, 05:20 AM   |  #35  
Thanks Meter: 20

326 posts
I get an error when turning on my portable wifi hot spot. Anyone else get this error?
2nd December 2011, 06:09 AM   |  #36  
Flag Honolulu, Hawaii
Thanks Meter: 201

870 posts
Yes, wifi hotspot is broken for me as well. Took forever for it to error out but I'm unable to enable it. Oh well . . I'll live without it until an official release.

---------- Post added at 07:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 AM ----------

Instructions for flashing (as best as I can remember)

FIRST OFF I take no responsibility for you hosing your device. The instructions I'm providing SHOULD WORK, as they've worked for me. BACKUP ALL FILES on your tablet because IT WILL BE COMPLETELY ERASED upon doing this procedure.
1. Download Odin. Recommend using a recent version like the one in this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1125282 , here's a direct download link to the attachment of that post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...3&d=1308155684

2. Download EACH of the 4 files linked in the OP of this thread. Place them all in a folder you can find. The files from the FIRST and THIRD link in the OP need to be UNZIPPED as they contain TAR files that you need to flash via Odin. Unzip them now to a location you'll remember.

3. Fire up Odin on your PC and plug your tablet into a USB port (recommend a standard USB 2.0 port that's directly on the machine, not a HUB and not 3.0).

4. Shut the tablet down.

5. Hold the POWER and VOLUME UP buttons until the recovery/download menu pops up. As soon as you see it let go, otherwise the tablet will shut down and restart. At this point the green android logo will be flashing.

6. Hit VOLUME DOWN. Following the next screen prompt you will hit VOLUME UP to get into download mode on the tablet.

7. Look at Odin on your computer and verify that you see one of the boxes on the screen turn YELLOW and showing a COM port number. If you do not see that, you need the proper drivers for your tablet. Easiest way to get that is to google for Kies and download and install Kies. Reboot the PC and then load up Odin again.

8. Once Odin is seeing your tablet in download mode (yellow box indicating a COM port) you're ready to begin. Click the PDA button in Odin and find your unzipped CI905_VZW_EI03_HC32TW_REL.tar file and open it.

9. Now click START button. Your tab should now start responding and showing progress of the download. Once it's complete let it restart.
Congrats, you're now on bone stock Honeycomb 3.2 with Verizon's stock LTE ROM.

Before getting too far setting up your tab in 3.2, shut it down again and get back into download mode. This time, under PDA in Odin load in the recovery.tar.md5 file (unzipped from the third link in the OP). Click START and flash that.

You'll now have CWM recovery on your tab.

Restart the tablet again and let it boot into honeycomb. With it connected to your PC copy the pershoot kernel zip file (2nd link in OP) and the Superuser zip file (4th link in OP) to your tablet.

Shut the tablet down, power it up using POWER + VOLUME UP and this time hit VOLUME UP once the menu pops up to highlight recovery mode (left icon) and then hit VOLUME DOWN to enter recovery.

Use volume up/down to navigate to "install zip from sdcard" option, then hit POWER button. With "choose zip from sdcard" highlighted hit POWER again. Use VOLUME UP/DOWN buttons to navigate to one of the ZIP files you copied over. Select it using POWER (if it's in a folder, hit power on that folder to open the folder and then highlight the file and hit power again . . you get the idea). Scroll down to yes and hit power again.

Repeat the above for the other ZIP file. Once done restart the tablet and you'll now be on the latest pershoot kernel (as of 12/1/2011) and have superuser (root) access.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to muzzy996 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd December 2011, 07:47 AM   |  #37  
Thanks Meter: 7

33 posts
Loving this so far!!! My hotspot seems to be working fine...I have not applied anything but leaked rom at this point so maybe thats why. I bought this for work thinking anyconnect was going to work, I have been anxiously awaiting the touchwiz update so I can finally use it for its intended purpose. Sadly anyconnect still will not install even after the update, anyone have this workong on theirs?

Sent from my SCH-I905 using XDA App
2nd December 2011, 08:49 AM   |  #38  
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
how to back to custom rom 3.1
After try this release two day, now I want back to LightSpeed 3.1 custom ROM, how to do, please guide me! Thx

P/S: sorry for my bad English
2nd December 2011, 03:31 PM   |  #39  
Thanks Meter: 9

24 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phutboiroi_remix

After try this release two day, now I want back to LightSpeed 3.1 custom ROM, how to do, please guide me! Thx

P/S: sorry for my bad English

Flash back to stock via odin,update via ota to eh04 and continue with Liquidspeed.Have fun,hehe.

link to stock room of tab verizon lte (source rootzwiki.com)
http://www.krylon360.com/file_host/V...10704_0708.tar

Sent from my SCH-I905 using XDA App
Last edited by kyo113; 2nd December 2011 at 03:38 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to kyo113 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd December 2011, 04:02 PM   |  #40  
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Smile
@kyo113: All done! Thanks!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread