Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,230 Members 48,244 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[DEV][2012/08/29] Multiboot v0.8

Tip us?

vuhothang
Old
Thanks Meter 7
You much make /sdcard/multiboot/(Name of Virtual link CM9 or WIUI....) in CM9 or WIUI folder have 3 file: system.img, data.img, cache.img.

joydeep1985
Old
(Last edited by joydeep1985; 9th May 2012 at 10:52 AM.)
Thanks Meter 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by vuhothang View Post
I running Epsylon CM9 20120428, i can't run multiboot 0.5.5, it only display bootmenu 2.0.0. how to return old bootmenu to run 0.5.5, i can run multiboot with Epsylon CM9 20120416.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pranks1989 View Post
Same here! Epsy's 28April Defy+ build has touch recovery(I am not saying about TWRP). That may be the reason why multiboot is uncompatible!
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevor68 View Post
yep tried epy's 7/5/12 nightly and all i have is bootmenu 2 now. not only that, but its both my 2nd-init boot AND my 2nd boot as well, not happy jan!
People who arent happy with bootmenu version v2.0.0 and twrp . I must tell you multiboot is yet not in synchronised with touch bootmenu yet . Later on versions that touch bootmenu/multiboot would be integrated to get compatiable with twrp. For the time being I would like to let you know that if you want old bootmenmu back . use adb commands to push bootmenu v1.1.8 (compatiable with multiboot v0.5.5.) to /system/bootmenu folder .

HTML Code:
adb push bootmenu /system/bootmenu
.This should solve your problem. Right now I dont have the bootmenu v1.1.8 zip .Nogoodusername has posted them in earlier posts . I would attach it to my post later on . for the time being please find and download that bootmenu zip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 769151238 View Post
I have a issue, i can't install second system. I only get what is the picture show. I think maybe I don't understand this step "Please replace NAME with the folder-name of your virtual system(you have to create this)" Tell me in a easy way.
Quote:
You much make /sdcard/multiboot/(Name of Virtual link CM9 or WIUI....) in CM9 or WIUI folder have 3 file: system.img, data.img, cache.img.
the user vuhothang is right you have to make a folder under /sdcard/multiboot/<your virtual system folder>. For eg : /sdcard/multiboot/CM7.2 and extrat the fsimages.zip under /sdcard/multiboot/CM7.2. Now the CM7.2 would have cache.img, data.img, system.img . That should solve your problem
Motorola Defy Red Lens
ParanoidAndroid 1.5 Defy+(Self Port)

How To Multiboot v0.5.5

All In One Defy Guide

vuhothang
Old
(Last edited by vuhothang; 9th May 2012 at 12:28 PM.)
Thanks Meter 7
Ok, i will reflash Epsylon nightly older with bootmenu 1.2.0 ics (it can run twrp recovery), i will take /system/bootmenu to try with newest nightly.

Thanhks!

I will use to root explorer to take folder bootmenu. I will upload when i have it and tested.

vuhothang
Old
Thanks Meter 7
i was download epsylon 20120416, unzip and take bootmenu in system folder. I push (replace) folder bootmenu to /system. I was set permission like original bootmenu in 20120508. But many file image to set permission (not finish), i set finish all file (not include image file). When i reboot to bootmenu it run to bootmenu 2.0.0 with error image file.

How to set permission all file in folder, many file to set permission. I using root explorer to set permission. Help me how to set permission to folder effect with subfolder and files in this. root explorer or command abd.

I will try with older build.

vuhothang
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I was copy bootmenu from 20120406 (1.2.0) to 20120508. I was set all permission by chmod in adb. But always bootmenu 2.0.0 touch. Now bootloop.

I will reflash 20120508 and wait new multiboot compatible with touch bootmenu.

darshanonline
Old
Thanks Meter 42
What does 'support for stock ROM' mean? stock ROM as real or virtual system?
Motorola Defy || Bayer module || 1100 MHz || Android 4.4

m11kkaa
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1,345

DONATE TO ME
virtual, but real Stock-ROM should be no problem, too.
The Following User Says Thank You to m11kkaa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Oh, I got it! You mean I should rename "fsimages", and name it like /sdcard/multiboot/CM9?

Casper87
Old
Thanks Meter 11

DONATE TO ME
You can rename to CM9. Each virtual ROM must have a separately folder on /sdcard/multiboot/ (Eg: /sdcard/multiboot/(virtual rom name)) . In (virtual rom name) you need to put cache.img, system.img, data.img

Old
Thanks Meter 0
Looks like we can install more than two system? BTW, when I go boot-->CM9-->it still boot MIUI

Tags
multiboot defy