Latest release: 20121130 [v0.6] <--- this link is not broken - learn what "RTFM" means
Latest Google Apps package: mini-gapps-ics-20120429b-signed.zip <--- you must only use the mini-gapps-ics package, as the standard gapps-ics packages are too large for our device
This is a port of CyanogenMod 9.1, a community-developed Android ROM based on Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4, for the Huawei U8160 & U8160 phones. The current port status is beta - may be suitable for daily use, but you must read the ROM Status before deciding whether to use this ROM.
- ClockworkMod Recovery
- Optional: GooManager
Installation (first time/new users):
- Open the GooManager application.
- Navigate to psyke83 -> roms -> u8160.
- Click on the build you wish to install from the list.
- Click on the Download button to download the rom.
- Once the download(s) are complete, reboot into recovery and install the update package, followed by the Google Apps package.
- Important: if you are updating from a stock ROM, CM7 or any other ROM that is not my personal CM9 build, choose the data wipe option before rebooting!
- 20121130 [v0.6]
- md5: a2972a18cfbafbce64088433b941a35e
- updated CyanogenMod source (9.1)
- enabled compile-time optimizations (-Os, -fstrict-aliasing, switched to gcc4.6)
- optimized package size/memory usage (mdpi-sw600dp resources removed)
- full CM9 application list is now included in build (possible thanks to space optimizations)
- switched from Gallery2 to older Gallery (new app doesn't display static images properly).
- switched from CM7's FileManager to new CMFileManager (backported from Jelly Bean)
- switched from Apollo music player to ICS Music (interface is similar to Gingerbread version). Will switch to Apollo when the memory usage is reduced/layout is better optimized for LDPI.
- added U8160Parts application available at Settings -> Device -> Advanced. This allows configuration of audio attenuation, swap, background process limiting and SD card readahead cache settings.
- optimization: set default background process limit to 2. This improves memory efficiency for most usage scenarios, but you can reconfigure the setting via U8160Parts if you need to have more applications stay resident in memory.
- kernel: fully updated, based on latest android_kernel_msm7x25 Gingerbread source with ICS-related drivers/patches added
- kernel: USB host mode available by default (no separate kernel/package needed)
- fixed: automatic brightness & lcd button levels
- fixed: basic camera function (taking pictures, barcode scanner mode working; camcorder not working)
- fixed: USB tethering
- fixed: wifi hotspot
- fixed: compass
- fixed: U8180 detection (automatic)
- improved: Trebuchet performance (widgets are not joined to apps by default, reducing memory usage & rendering complexity)
- many small fixes and improvements.
- 20120528 [v0.5]
- md5: 3bacb6a08c447b2389d16b65dc18f8fe
- updated CyanogenMod source
- big update based on tilal6991's latest changes - codename "FrozenFissionY" :P
- kernel: using my latest codeaurora-kernel_huawei_u8160 kernel source with configuration changes to better suit ICS
- kernel: backported xt_quota2, xt_qtaguid, iface_stat drivers to allow proper networking stats and prevent recurring framework crashes
- libaudio: adapt Adriano Carrata's rewritten libaudio to ICS with new AudioFilter and audio attenuation enabled
- framework: fixed cpu deep sleep issue that was caused by wakelock in highspeed serial device (Bluetooth quick switch) - should drastically improve battery life (may now be similar to CM7)
- framework: optimizations to 2D rendering speed
- framework: disable UI touch sounds (was slowing down presses + increasing battery drain)
- include old Music app alongside new Apollo music player (as the latter may have problems detecting media for some people)
- add VoiceDialer, SoundRecorder, and FileManager from CM7 (as there is no CM9 version yet).
- Trebuchet: change drawer animation back to default (looks nicer, no change in performance)
- fix simple2ext compatibility issue. Note: you will need to enable the "mount as ext4" option in the app settings, as CM9 does not auto-mount /sd-ext on boot.
- increase VM heap to 32MB - should reduce ANR errors.
- camera partially working (preview works, taking picture not supported by default app)
- 20120418 [alpha 4]
- md5: unknown
- updated to latest CyanogenMod source (now Android 4.0.4)
- included new kernel (based on CM7's v1.2-batterytest3);
- 20120212 [alpha 3]
- md5: unknown
- fixed/confirmed working - multitouch, telephony, mobiledata, audio (all routing appears to be working fine), bluetooth, mac addresses, accelerated 2D rendering.
- 20111130 [alpha 2]
- md5: unknown
- fixed/confirmed working - gps, sensors, wifi signal indicator, graphics flickering, touchscreen for u8180 users(?)
- 20111129 [alpha 1]
- md5: unknown
- initial port. Touchscreen, wifi, sd card mount works. Graphics working with some flickering/without acceleration.
- ac1953 (libaudio, general help on CM7)
- DSM (assistance with device settings app)
- loyal testers...
- Kernel: https://github.com/psyke83/android_k...huawei_msm7x25
- Device: https://github.com/psyke83/android_device_huawei_u8160