Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,329 Members 39,301 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL][TWGB][updated 1/16] KGB Kernel: A Kernel for Gingerbread (EH09/EI20/EH03)

Tip us?

tee00max
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Nice! Loaded up. Seeing how she does. Nobody uses smartass governor? ?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda premium
Current phone: Google Play Edition HTC One M8 (Rooted, Xposed, SkyDragon GPE V3.01 w/ SD kernel)
Current Tablet: Nexus 7 2nd Gen- Scott's CleanRom
Previous Devices: Galaxy S5, 64GB One Plus One, LG G3, HTC One M8, Note 3, iPhone 5S, LG G2, Note 2, Galaxy S4, list goes on......

laureanop
Old
Thanks Meter 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by tee00max View Post
Nice! Loaded up. Seeing how she does. Nobody uses smartass governor? ?

I do with sio scheduler. Makes the phone very snappy

"the relentless pursuit of the perfect rom"

tulalhyt
Old
Thanks Meter 5
just try this kernel from arround this 4 o'clock pm, lag fix activated, no overclock and still no UV

so fast .... loading application also faster

so smooth .... so cool

thankx comrade ...

oh yeah almost forgot to tell, using zram default size

JJ5150
Old
(Last edited by JJ5150; 28th November 2011 at 05:34 PM.)
Thanks Meter 83
WOW... works way better than the previous version TKSGB-I500-1027.0315. I ran a full benchmark in Quadrant and came up with 1638 on the old one, and 1917 on KGB-I500.1127. HOLY **** DUDE!!!

That's faster than the Nexus. Yet, when I OC/UV on the old kernal to 1400MHz... my phone freezes and crashes. Even @ 1300 stock mV it hangs and chokes...

BUT... on this new one... I'm @ 1300 Stock mV, and it's as smooth as a babies bottum. Even running one my heaviest Live wallpapers... wow...

Apps load faster... animations are smoother. I only have one FC that's a photo widget that's bunk anyway. Great work bro. I'm impressed. and HAPPY!!!

Mikes30000
Old
Thanks Meter 11
I've been on CM7 nightlies for months now. While everything was pretty solid and smooth, I really hated the constant 3g and wifi dropouts. So I gave Superclean 0.3 and this kernel a shot. So far it's pretty sweet. The speed is plenty fast enough once you overclock, apply voodoo and some other tweaks. Using the TW4 Launcher is very smooth. And, so far battery life destroys anything that I could do on CM7. Nice work!

tee00max
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by laureanop View Post
I do with sio scheduler. Makes the phone very snappy

How does that work with your battery life??

Current phone: Google Play Edition HTC One M8 (Rooted, Xposed, SkyDragon GPE V3.01 w/ SD kernel)
Previous Devices: Galaxy S5, 64GB One Plus One, LG G3, HTC One M8, Note 3, iPhone 5S, LG G2, Note 2, Galaxy S4, list goes on......

laureanop
Old
Thanks Meter 460
Quote:
How does that work with your battery life??

Who the hell can tell with all the going back and forth between forums and rootz? I didn't notice any difference either way. But one thing is for sure for me: KGB 1127 outperforms any TW Rom -kernel combo I've ever run on this phone, period. The increased available ram coupled with zram makes a huge difference for me, with zero stability issues

tee00max
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
Who the hell can tell with all the going back and forth between forums and rootz? I didn't notice any difference either way. But one thing is for sure for me: KGB 1127 outperforms any TW Rom -kernel combo I've ever run on this phone, period. The increased available ram coupled with zram makes a huge difference for me, with zero stability issues

I understand what your saying.

tee00max
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:

What launcher do you use?

laureanop
Old
Thanks Meter 460
Quote:
What launcher do you use?

I go back and forth between launcher pro and go launcher ex

Tags
eh03, eh09, ei20, kgb kernel, twgb