[Q] Can't install anything, maybe bricked?

Search This thread

Spaqin

Oct 5, 2010
OK. It's not me who have the problem and I may not provide you enough information. However, I will try as much as I can to get the info from the man who has the problem.

A friend of mine got an used HD2, with stock WinMo. The fist thing he did was of course hard-reset it. Aaand the system got ****ed up. He couldn't boot it sometimes (had a grey screen, he said with some weird text under, like Boot_W_PWE_KEY_PRESSED or BOOTUP_W_WARM_RESET after trying to install sth, few times it managed to boot up but lagged so much). I ignored it and wanted to do task29, radio, magldr, android. First thing - HSPL. Downloaded HSPL4, installed HSPL 2.08 fine. Then - Task29 + Radio. And nothing. ROM Code Error. After few tries, HTC logo and progress bar showed up. Task29 is stuck on 96% though and then displays an exclamation mark in a triangle.
After a restart, grey screen is still present.
We can't install magldr as well (dat error again).

What could go wrong?

Spaqin

Oct 5, 2010
OK, so we managed to install magldr on 11th? try and on 21st try we managed to boot Android from SD.
I'm pretty sure that NAND is damaged (NAND Android and WP7 couldn't boot at all, 1E FATAL HIT, same was with Android SD, but after many tries it booted), but when the phone hangs up after trying to play Angry Birds (so much that only thing he could do was to pull out the battery) and sometimes hangs up just for a while without a particular reason means that something else is damaged as well?

Last edited:

null acorn

Jul 30, 2010
Boot loader

Has he tried booting into the boot loader.

Hold the down volume button and the power key at the same time.

If he gets a multi-colored screen then he is not bricked.

Spaqin

Oct 5, 2010
By 'bricked' I mean unusable because of physical damage that doesn't allow to run the phone properly.

Oh. Also he managed to install and boot WP7. It will return a 'Fatal hit' if it won't have enough break without a battey. It boots only after few mins turned off (which makes installing cabs almost impossible D: )... It was bought used, I think it had fallen and few more components were damaged...

Last edited: