Sprint Zio stuck in Fastboot is a BRICK? (Quick GUIDE to fix))
Does this mean its bricked? Can't get into any other thing other than fastboot.
Lol but I just fixed it a few minutes ago. Was just wondering because If it is a brick. I will make a thread showing a how to Unbrick Sprint Zio.
GUIDE TO UNBRICK SOFT BRICK SPRINT ZIO
1. Know which Zio it is. (This guide was made using a soft brick Sprint Zio MIGHT WORK ON CRICKET.)
2. Install the necessary Zio drivers for your PC. Kyocera and Cricket have different ones. Also figure out which bit of windows you are running. I'm running Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit. I couldn't install any drivers, but I got it to work nonetheless.
3. Download the STOCK Rom for your phone.
4. Move that folder to your DESKTOP. Makes everything a lil bit easier.
5. I renamed my folder to ziosprint
, but you can name it whatever you like.
6. Make sure you have 3 files
other than your STOCK rom image files. They should be in the SAME folder
too. The 3 files are: AdbWinApi.dll, AdbWinUsbApi.dll, and a fastboot file.
7. Once everything is ready. Open up command prompt. For me I just click start button (windows icon) then typed "cmd" hit ENTER.
8. You should see a window with the words something similar to this "C:\Users\Administration>"
9. Next type cd desktop
then hit enter, then cd ziosprint
(same as above) hit enter, then type in fastboot
hit enter. A bunch of options should come up. Last type fastboot devices
. If you get a "?" dont worry it'll still work, for that's what I got. If you get something else like a bunch of words cool! If you get an error you did something wrong.
10. Assuming you've done everything correctly. Now it's time to put your phone in fastboot. Once your in fastboot all you need to do is connect it via USB and type the following.
(name of boot follow by extension type) example: fastboot flash boot (boot image name).img SO this is what it should look like for example. If ;your image file name is boot you can just leave it as that.
Fastboot flash boot zioboot.img
Do this for all of the Image Files.
Fastboot erase system
Fastboot erase boot
Fastboot erase recovery
Fastboot erase userdata
Fastboot flash boot
Fastboot flash system
Fastboot flash recovery
I had a Splash.img file too, so I flashed that too
Fastboot flash splash splash.img
That's it! You're DONE :}
PS: My first guide. I made it really quick, and I hope I didn't leave anything out. I hope it all makes sense and be of help to all that needs it.
We are all NOOBS!....once LOL