[Q] How to root Huawei Mediapad?

OP venomrat

14th December 2011, 03:14 AM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 7

53 posts
More
Looks like the mediapad system rom n radio does not support 4G. Guess you would need to wait for springboard rom.
Follow the long steps to extract system image and put in the su binary in linux. Package it back n flashed it back to ur springboard via fastboot.

Is it possible to include the su binary to the springboard dump seen in one of the forums here ? Me no good with linux.

Just to check either sprinboard fastboot is locked or not.
Do you manage to just straight away flash the mediapad system rom onto the springboard system rom using the fastboot flash system command line ?

Sent from my HTC Desire S using XDA App
14th December 2011, 02:39 PM   |  #22  
Flag TEXAS
Thanks Meter: 5

44 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golok

Looks like the mediapad system rom n radio does not support 4G. Guess you would need to wait for springboard rom.
Follow the long steps to extract system image and put in the su binary in linux. Package it back n flashed it back to ur springboard via fastboot.

Is it possible to include the su binary to the springboard dump seen in one of the forums here ? Me no good with linux.

Just to check either sprinboard fastboot is locked or not.
Do you manage to just straight away flash the mediapad system rom onto the springboard system rom using the fastboot flash system command line ?

Sent from my HTC Desire S using XDA App

I understood only about 1% of what you just said. I know very little Linux = ME really no good with Linux
15th December 2011, 06:53 PM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 18

308 posts
More
Im waiting for my mediapad, so some questions:

Is it possible to restore it to original after rooting it?

Theres two methods in this thread, fastboot (not used that before)
and the dload folder

Is it enough to just update with that folder and its rooted?

I have the Huawei U8800, dont know if the update procedure is the same. (dload folder on sdcard and power up with volume keys pressed)

The 3g should work with any carrier\region?
16th December 2011, 12:11 AM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 7

53 posts
More
dload method is the easiest

it will replace the whole rom. The prerooted rom got su binary. You wuld need to downlod superuser from market.

Fastboot method only replace the system image so your insalled app and settings would remain.

As far as i know there is no carrier lock on mediapad.it should work on any carrier.
27th December 2011, 07:13 PM   |  #25  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
ABout the rooting methrd in windows
Dear Sir Thanks Meter 3

plz help me to root my media pad...... i do not know any thing about rooting ...im just a new comer...if you can plz help me... i live in sri lanka... i got this mediy pad for my business .... i canto afford money for the application and games...if you can plz help me sir..... no one helping me ...my email is thanuj-81@hotmail.com...... even i canto understand how to use fastboot also.....and other steps... how Finlay we have to download super user...plz advice me sir......i can learn quickly... i hope you will give me some good feed backs

thanx sir......
31st December 2011, 05:48 AM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 9

126 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by squide

5. mount the image file like these...
#mkdir /mnt/tmp
#mount -o loop system.img.ext4 /mnt/tmp

6. put the "superuser" binary into the path /mnt/tmp/xbin
#cp su /mnt/tmp/xbin

I cannot copy. it is readonly file system
2nd January 2012, 05:21 AM   |  #27  

22 posts
Download boot.img from here:http://bbs.31pad.com/thread-2-1-1.html
flash boot.img use fastboot or alternate boot.img in the update.zip with this then reflash update.zip by puting it in dload directory in tf card.

Then download root_cf.rar from http://bbs.31pad.com/thread-4-1-1.html
unrar it and put sanixupdate directory in mediapad inner card.
restart mediapad.
The Following User Says Thank You to sanixk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th January 2012, 04:02 PM   |  #28  

16 posts
Sanix can you help with browser crash when choose settings after installing goggle aps?
8th January 2012, 07:06 PM   |  #29  

5 posts
Can some1 help me how to root my mediapad ??? Ivegot OS Win 7 64bit ... and i am total newbie about rooting... can some1 help pleasee! :/ :/ Email: gorax@azet.sk
10th January 2012, 12:30 AM   |  #30  

22 posts
Delete the google account in Setting->Account Setting or flash the newest genernal rom:c232b016

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread