Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,453 Members 42,260 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[App] Voice translator

Tip us?

sensboston
Old
(Last edited by sensboston; 28th February 2012 at 07:20 PM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 419

DONATE TO ME
Default [App] Voice translator

Hi everybody!

I've spent a day on the last long weekend and wrote a simple voice translator with speech-to-text and text-to-speech capabilities. Truly, I did it because I was confused a little of this topic: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1352006 . OP treats his app too "top-secret and classified", and put a lot of limitations and restrictions for XDA members. But that kind of app is very simple; there is no know-how or some proprietary technologies involved: all apps (of this kind) are using undocumented Google's speech-to-text and text-to-speech APIs (but very well documented on internet forums! )
Also, AFAIK, most of 'em are using FlacBox project's code but without reference to project page and author's copyright!

I'd like to announce a completely free application (but ad-based); everybody are welcome to beta-test (marketplace version will be released soon after XDA slight beta test).
App has no limitations or restrictions but if you can't hear translation or recognition is not working for your language, it's not a my fault but just not supported by Google's APIs.

Your comments and feature requests are welcome here; don't forget to post a bug reports too Also, grammar and lexical corrections are very welcome (English is not my native language).

Download and sideload Voice translator v 1.1.0 from attachment!

Update: version 1.1.0 added. Changes: slight UI and performance improvements

Update: VoiceTranslator updated to version 1.3: various bugs are fixed, it loads faster now; added nice new icons.

Marketplace link: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/ap...0-7830d5a5c192

P.S. If you really wanna thank me, see my signature Dropbox is a great service, and I'd like to expand my free box size up to 16Gb. It's also good for you and you may be sure: I've never had any spam or troubles with dropbox!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	voicetran.jpg
Views:	4206
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	797957  
Attached Files
File Type: xap VoiceTranslator.xap - [Click for QR Code] (365.7 KB, 664 views)
File Type: xap VoiceTranslator_1.1.0.xap - [Click for QR Code] (375.1 KB, 1023 views)
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to sensboston For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kirk999
Old
(Last edited by kirk999; 28th November 2011 at 07:23 PM.)
Thanks Meter 153
[QUOTE=sensboston]

thanks
not bad idea mate
perfect made
but I've got some mistakes in Russian translation

sensboston
Old
Thanks Meter 419

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk999 View Post
but I've got some mistakes in Russian translation
It's not my bugs but Google's Try desktop Chrome with microphone - u'll get same results.

P.S. BTW, do you know: Google's translator already knows an "albansky" (you know what I mean - for other's it's a Russian specific internet slang) language Try to pronounce: "V Babrujsk, givotnoe" or "Afftar ggot"

kirk999
Old
Thanks Meter 153
anyway
cool and nice work!!!!

singularity0821
Old
Thanks Meter 307

DONATE TO ME
Great app~ Thanks
Battery Status with Live Tiles for Mango for all unlocked phone (Chevron, Dev Unlock - no interop needed)
AppTranslator - easily globalize your apps
EncryptText
Four In A Row
Marketplace Redirect script

Budniu
Old
Thanks Meter 295
Awesome app THX man. For Polish work good.
Nokia Lumia 1520: Windows Phone 8.10.12359.845 (RM-937 1028.3562.1402.1001 ROM)
My home: EncyklopediaWindowsPhone.pl, Mobione.pl and O Windows Phone.pl

lseidman
Old
Thanks Meter 95

DONATE TO ME
I understand now why you were up my butt about our App, we both basically have the same thing.

Nevertheless, good job ;]

sensboston
Old
Thanks Meter 419

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lseidman View Post
I understand now why you were up my butt about our App, we both basically have the same thing.
"No" and "yes" I wrote this app yesterday, just after finishing reading your topic. I was a little confused: you are drastically promoted your app on the one hand but refused of beta testers on the other hand... XDA isn't free beta-testers place or advertising area; it's a community of enthusiasts and homebrew developers. So I decide to give a chance to "unlucky" XDA members to get the same app for free, without limitations and restrictions. BTW, I can afford to spend 10 hours of my time for community needs (but my wife disagrees with me! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by lseidman View Post
Nevertheless, good job ;]
Thanks!

sensboston
Old
Thanks Meter 419

DONATE TO ME
New version with slight UI and performance improvements added. Thanks singularity0821 for comments and suggestions!
The Following User Says Thank You to sensboston For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

singularity0821
Old
Thanks Meter 307

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensboston View Post
New version with slight UI and performance improvements added. Thanks singularity0821 for comments and suggestions!
You're welcome
Battery Status with Live Tiles for Mango for all unlocked phone (Chevron, Dev Unlock - no interop needed)
AppTranslator - easily globalize your apps
EncryptText
Four In A Row
Marketplace Redirect script

Tags
translator, xap