Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,943 Members 52,079 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to Root the ASUS Transformer

Tip us?

samcaplat
Old
(Last edited by samcaplat; 30th December 2011 at 10:31 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 91
Default How to Root the ASUS Transformer

This thread is dedicated to helping you root your ASUS Transformer. Either method may not work if you are using a device with serial number 'B70' or above.

If you have updated your Transformer to 8.6.5.21 using the latest OTA, please install the downgrade-fix below, 8.6.6.19, to successfully use Razorclaw.

Video

Resources

Razorclaw: http://androidroot.mobi/2011/11/14/introducing-razorclaw-v1

It is extremely important you read the Razorclaw documentation in full.

Update to 8.6.5.13: http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?..
Update to 8.6.5.19/Fix for 8.6.5.21 users: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1417006
You must update to 8.6.5.13 to update to 8.6.5.19.

NVFlash: http://www.xda-developers.com/nvflash.zip

NVFlash ROM's: PRIME and Revolver

Text and images

Unbrick Your Device / How to use NVFlash

In the unlikely event you brick your device, don't worry, it can be saved. It's very easy. Please download NVFlash and any ROM flashable using NVFlash above, and follow the steps below.

Put your device in APX mode: Connect your device to your computer via USB and power on the device holding both the Power and Volume Up buttons for about 3-5 seconds. The screen will remain black.

Install the required drivers for APX: If you haven't installed them already, find your “APX” device in Device Manager and update driver manually, pointing it at usbpcdriver in the nvflash.zip.

Prepare your ROM: Download your chosen NVFlash ROM and place the system.img, recovery.img, and boot.img in the nvflashtf directory. "/nvflash/nvflashtf/".

Start the process: Run download.sh (Linux only) or download.bat (Windows only) to start the process.

NOTE: NVFLASH CAN ONLY BE USED ON AN SBK1 DEVICE. PLEASE CHECK YOUR DEVICE IS COMPATIBLE BEFORE ATTEMPTING THIS METHOD.
The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to samcaplat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mechanisms
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Razorclaw's tool is the easiest way to root and I think Prime does allow to OC (its in the Prime Tweaks options...)
The Following User Says Thank You to Mechanisms For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Tzeunis
Old
Thanks Meter 9
i used razorclaw and rooted succesfully. How do i install cwm now?

jdubau55
Old
Thanks Meter 40

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzeunis View Post
i used razorclaw and rooted succesfully. How do i install cwm now?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1346180

Mad simple.

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

This is a very well thought out thread with a great layout. However, the Razorclaw app and Recovery Installer app method is much much much easier. No computer needed. No drivers or cables needed. Just your TF and a connection.

These 2 apps need to be added to the reference thread. The info there is outdated.
The Following User Says Thank You to jdubau55 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sert00
Old
Thanks Meter 505
that was an older method..razorclaw is more convenient,no pc,no cable.IMO there isn't needed a tuto for root,because is too simple...install an pak...install anotheer one to have cwm...that's it!!

samcaplat
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 91
Thank you all for informing me this information is now out of date. It will be updated soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to samcaplat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sert00
Old
Thanks Meter 505
nothin' mate,it is very easy now with that!the only problem,not for me,is the future asus's ota that can brick the device if we return to stock and upgrade from asus....

jdubau55
Old
Thanks Meter 40

DONATE TO ME
Why worry about an OTA update when the devs will have an ICS build out before ASUS?
The Following User Says Thank You to jdubau55 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sert00
Old
Thanks Meter 505
infact for me it isn't a problem,but i red that for some people is bad don'r receive ota asus anymore.personally i go with revolver,until fabio released an ics build!

KingNothingUA
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sert00 View Post
nothin' mate,it is very easy now with that!the only problem,not for me,is the future asus's ota that can brick the device if we return to stock and upgrade from asus....
can you specify that? you say, it is not always possible to flash a stock rom and then recieve ota updates? let us suggest, ics comes out from asus. then i am not able to switch back to stock and get the ics update?
is there a thread where this topic is discussed? ididnt find any unfortunately..

Tags
asus eee pad transformer, asus transformer, how to root, how to root asus transformer