[PREVIEW] Virtuous Ten Studio - The next level of apk editing
I'd like to introduce Virtuous Ten Studio (VTS)
, the newest tool for editing your favorite APKs
The tool consists of two main components:
The Smali editor
- The Smali editor
- The M10 editor
For most people working with smali isn't as easy as "real" source code because smali is usually a giant wall of text that makes syntax highlighting absolutely necessary.
I came up with methods to make development much easier. These methods include:
The M10 editor
- Syntax highlightning
- A way to analyze the source code could help with navigating in the file
- We need a way to navigate to specific methods quickly
- Same goes for variables
- And also the ease of use of existing tools. While some developers may prefer working with command line,
there are still quite a few that like a nice and clean UI more.
I have a solution for those that like a cleaner UI:
- Integrated ApkTool
- Integrated SignTool
- Integrated Zipalign
- Integrated ADB
- You only need one tool instead of four
Those of you, who are familar with Sense 3.0+ ROMs
may already know the "M10Tools"
created by Flemmard
Virtuous Ten Studio is the next level of editing and theming M10 files
It's not only way easier and better to understand, but it also adds a bunch of new features. This includes:
Virtuous Ten Studio
- Editing the source xml file directly via inbuild texteditor
- Improved XML layout for better readability
- Deep integration of image decoder
- Type sensitiv M10 containers (TextLabel, DynamicImage, Hitbox,...)
- Syntax checker for xml editing
- many more
Both the smali and the m10 editing parts alone would be great, but I raised this to a whole new level.
Both parts are put together in a never before seen and unique application featuring a rich user interface
and a productive workflow
The basic workflow looks like the following:
- Create a new project file
- Import an APK to that project
- The APK gets decompiled for smali sources
- The contained M10 files get decompiled by our M10 Engine
- Edit the files you want to edit (M10 and smali sources)
- You edit those files as textfiles on your computer with the build-in editor.
- The workflow here is much like working with Visual Studio or Eclipse
- After importing an APK you can of course close the project and reload it later, no need to import the APK again.
Loading times are very fast compared to decompiling everything again
- Export the sources back to an APK
- Compile smali sources
- Compile M10 sources
- Sign APK
- Zipalign APK
- Push that APK automatically to the phone
The User Interface mainly consists of a window-filling workspace for your documents, again much like known IDEs.
To organize all the information VTS gives you, it has several "DockWindows"
which the user can show and dock them where ever they like.
Here we have some screenshots showing some of the features:
The goal of this thread is to find good testers as the app itself isn't finished yet.
The alpha/beta testers should be the following:
- Experienced in smali or M10 editing
- Good at testing, trying different things
- Testers should be willing to test lots of new versions and quick fixes
- They need to report in detail what they were doing if they find a bug/problem
- personal contact via IRC or email (IRC preferred)
To apply as a alpha/beta tester please fill in the following form.
Please also note that compiling M10 files isn't included yet, you can play with the editor, but your changes won't be shown on the phone.
Smali on the other hand should be completely working.