Hmmm... Seems to work, but SU fails to update binary; fails when copying to /system?
Edit: Using SuperSU instead it works fine. Long live root! :)
Devices past & present:
- Latest toy - Kindle Fire HDX - stock for now...
- Sony Xperia Z C6603 - tweaked a little
- Google Nexus 7 (2012) 3G - rooted within 5 minutes of opening the box... - SOLD
- Motorola Defy (work phone - it'll do...)
- Kindle Fire HD - Stock - SOLD
- HTC Titan - Dynamics 2.0 WP 7.8 ROM - SOLD
- Samsung Galaxy S II - SOLD
- HTC HD2 - SOLD
I'll admit that I'm kind of a newbie, but that method seem ridiculously complex compared to how I was able to root with Honeybomb. I think I'll wait until I just find a new root.zip file to flash to the device.
Apple is to telephones what Fischer-Price is to automobiles.
Hmm somehow i lost root after updating busybox. was kinda weird...after updating it i got a message that said it was broken and i should reinstall. and after that non of my rooted apps have root acces anymore...
I tried root.zip, root(2).zip and root_supersu_110512.zip...but nothing worked for me. i'm still on stock 3.2 and i actually just need root again to save all my data with tb...need to send my tab to samsung cause the wifi and the battery is kinda broken...
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?