Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,065 Members 40,715 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CyanogenMod 9 ICS for Captivate Q&A(Unofficial)

Tip us?

MechaGen
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Can someone recommend a call recording app that will work with our Captivates and CM9?

I've tried several apps from the play market and can't get any of them to work.

Sent from Tapatalk, NOOK Color CM9 Nightly's!
NOOK Color , CM10.1 1.1ghz, Nova Launcher
NOOK HD+, CM11 1/18 UNOFFICIAL
Samsung Galaxy Note; Stock UCMD3 Deodex, with Xposed
Samsung Galaxy Note II; Stock, 4.1.2

ar4757
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Hey guys I was wondering what the steps would be to get back to gingerbread from this rom. Do i need the odin with bootloaders? Thanks

Love the rom btw!

korockinout13
Old
Thanks Meter 532

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ar4757 View Post
Hey guys I was wondering what the steps would be to get back to gingerbread from this rom. Do i need the odin with bootloaders? Thanks

Love the rom btw!
For stock, use a bootloader-free Odin or heimdall package. Unless you've never had gingerbread before, in which case you'll need bootloaders

Sent from my CM9 ICS i897 Captivate
Nexus 5 16GB on T-Mobile: CM11 + TWRP || Nexus 7 2012 32GB: Stock 4.4 + Xposed + franco + TWRP
Nexus 4 (cracked & sold) | AT&T Samsung Galaxy SII i777 (sold) | AT&T Samsung Galaxy S Captivate i897 (sold)

Get extra space on Copy or Dropbox with a new account!

ar4757
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by korockinout13 View Post
For stock, use a bootloader-free Odin or heimdall package. Unless you've never had gingerbread before, in which case you'll need bootloaders

Sent from my CM9 ICS i897 Captivate
Thanks for the fast reply. So just so I get this straight, cm9 doesn't mess with bootloaders. Btw i flashed ics with gb BL's. Thanks

kangi26
Old
Retired Forum Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 1437
Quote:
Originally Posted by ar4757 View Post
Thanks for the fast reply. So just so I get this straight, cm9 doesn't mess with bootloaders. Btw i flashed ics with gb BL's. Thanks
No, you'll only get boot loader changes when you Odin to stock. Custom ROM's don't touch the boot loaders. But there are Odin packages without the loaders

Sent from an autonomous device

Scrawson
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Bluetooth DUN client?

I was poking around at a tablet the other day and they have an option to connect to the internet through a bluetooth device. That means the Captivate would be getting internet through another bluetooth phone. Does CM9 include this?

My Captivate with CM7 does not have this option and I've tried using pppd over bluetooth from the command line, but there are kernel modules that aren't installed, plus I'd have to grab a terminal to start or stop it.

ryry2000ad
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrawson View Post
I was poking around at a tablet the other day and they have an option to connect to the internet through a bluetooth device. That means the Captivate would be getting internet through another bluetooth phone. Does CM9 include this?

My Captivate with CM7 does not have this option and I've tried using pppd over bluetooth from the command line, but there are kernel modules that aren't installed, plus I'd have to grab a terminal to start or stop it.
I'm not sure what you mean. You want to have your phone tethered from another device to provide service to it?

Or do you want to tether your phone to your tablet via bluetooth?

zeronothing
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Can someone recommend a good media player App that plays many different types of video files? It doesn't have to be free either.

thanks

wrsmega
Old
Thanks Meter 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeronothing View Post
Can someone recommend a good media player App that plays many different types of video files? It doesn't have to be free either.

thanks
I had a good experience with MX media player. The free version works fine. Theres a little lag here and there for higher quality videos though.

pqee
Old
Thanks Meter 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrsmega View Post
I had a good experience with MX media player. The free version works fine. Theres a little lag here and there for higher quality videos though.
I don't watch many HD videos on my phone but I hear good things about Dice Player and it seems to be updated pretty frequently.