Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

CyanogenMod 9 ICS for Captivate Q&A(Unofficial)

OP kangi26

4th April 2012, 10:33 PM   |  #791  
MechaGen's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Fountain Inn, SC
Thanks Meter: 66
 
263 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2008
More
Can someone recommend a call recording app that will work with our Captivates and CM9?

I've tried several apps from the play market and can't get any of them to work.

Sent from Tapatalk, NOOK Color CM9 Nightly's!
4th April 2012, 11:17 PM   |  #792  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Hey guys I was wondering what the steps would be to get back to gingerbread from this rom. Do i need the odin with bootloaders? Thanks

Love the rom btw!
5th April 2012, 12:32 AM   |  #793  
korockinout13's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 532
 
2,025 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ar4757

Hey guys I was wondering what the steps would be to get back to gingerbread from this rom. Do i need the odin with bootloaders? Thanks

Love the rom btw!

For stock, use a bootloader-free Odin or heimdall package. Unless you've never had gingerbread before, in which case you'll need bootloaders

Sent from my CM9 ICS i897 Captivate
5th April 2012, 02:38 AM   |  #794  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by korockinout13

For stock, use a bootloader-free Odin or heimdall package. Unless you've never had gingerbread before, in which case you'll need bootloaders

Sent from my CM9 ICS i897 Captivate

Thanks for the fast reply. So just so I get this straight, cm9 doesn't mess with bootloaders. Btw i flashed ics with gb BL's. Thanks
5th April 2012, 06:45 PM   |  #795  
kangi26's Avatar
OP Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 1,438
 
3,767 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2006
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ar4757

Thanks for the fast reply. So just so I get this straight, cm9 doesn't mess with bootloaders. Btw i flashed ics with gb BL's. Thanks

No, you'll only get boot loader changes when you Odin to stock. Custom ROM's don't touch the boot loaders. But there are Odin packages without the loaders

Sent from an autonomous device
6th April 2012, 08:00 PM   |  #796  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
22 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Bluetooth DUN client?
I was poking around at a tablet the other day and they have an option to connect to the internet through a bluetooth device. That means the Captivate would be getting internet through another bluetooth phone. Does CM9 include this?

My Captivate with CM7 does not have this option and I've tried using pppd over bluetooth from the command line, but there are kernel modules that aren't installed, plus I'd have to grab a terminal to start or stop it.
7th April 2012, 12:42 AM   |  #797  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
19 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrawson

I was poking around at a tablet the other day and they have an option to connect to the internet through a bluetooth device. That means the Captivate would be getting internet through another bluetooth phone. Does CM9 include this?

My Captivate with CM7 does not have this option and I've tried using pppd over bluetooth from the command line, but there are kernel modules that aren't installed, plus I'd have to grab a terminal to start or stop it.

I'm not sure what you mean. You want to have your phone tethered from another device to provide service to it?

Or do you want to tether your phone to your tablet via bluetooth?
7th April 2012, 04:04 AM   |  #798  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
71 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2006
More
Can someone recommend a good media player App that plays many different types of video files? It doesn't have to be free either.

thanks
8th April 2012, 04:39 PM   |  #799  
Member
Thanks Meter: 117
 
80 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeronothing

Can someone recommend a good media player App that plays many different types of video files? It doesn't have to be free either.

thanks

I had a good experience with MX media player. The free version works fine. Theres a little lag here and there for higher quality videos though.
8th April 2012, 06:32 PM   |  #800  
Senior Member
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 110
 
315 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrsmega

I had a good experience with MX media player. The free version works fine. Theres a little lag here and there for higher quality videos though.

I don't watch many HD videos on my phone but I hear good things about Dice Player and it seems to be updated pretty frequently.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes