Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,355 Members 39,630 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[DUMP]EK02 Update.zip - EK02 Rooted ROM, Radio, and Kernels OH MY!

Tip us?

-viperboy-
Old
(Last edited by -viperboy-; 29th November 2011 at 05:19 PM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 12836

DONATE TO ME
Default [DUMP]EK02 Update.zip - EK02 Rooted ROM, Radio, and Kernels OH MY!

HUGE thanks to kingsway8605 because without him, we would NOT have gotten this done. He spent hours getting a hold of this .zip, flashing this, odin'ing that, please appreciate what he did for us!!
Thanks to everyone else for getting the constant help - shabbypenguin, chris41g, T.C.P, graffixnyc, digits, and everyone else who helped out!!

No one but you is responsible if anything happens to your phone!
Please read everything before flashing and proceed with caution!

New build information

Android 2.3.6
EK02 Baseband/Radio

EK02 Radio
Quote:
You can flash this right over your current ROM right from recovery but ONLY IF YOU ARE ON EG30 RADIO!! This is an update for that radio and that radio only! Don't be alarmed, it will take a few seconds to flash it. PLEASE KEEP IN MIND that we don't have a stock EG30 radio, only EG12 or EG31. You can flash those if you want to get off of the EK02 modem, but hopefully this radio will eliminate LoS!

Stock and Repacked Kernels
Quote:
This can be flashed over EG30 ROMs, however, there is no known benefit to it as of now. But feel free to download, test it, and report back!

Rooted EK02 update.zip
Quote:
This MUST BE FLASHED over STOCK ODEXED EG30. Enough said. Please don't post asking what it can be flashed over because I just gave you the answer. STOCK ODEXED EG30!

Downloads

Thanks, once again, to kingsway8605!!
The Following 62 Users Say Thank You to -viperboy- For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kingsway8605
Old
(Last edited by kingsway8605; 29th November 2011 at 09:03 PM.)
Thanks Meter 487
Just a note on some of the posts I am seeing in the thread:

(1) I haven't had the update long enough to say if it fixes the LoS for everyone, but since I received it yesterday I have not received an LoS when I used to get them all the time. Your mileage may vary. The screencap below shows what you should have if you install everything correctly.

(2) I am not a dev, I am just lucky. The great devs viper mentioned in his post spent a lot of time helping me get the update off of my phone. Methods of extracting the update.zip that worked with older phones did not work with this phone, which only complicated the process.

If you cannot install it, it is not our fault. You knew the risks when hacking your phone. I only received an OTA and the great devs were able to help me extract this OTA from my phone. At this point, it appears that even when the official OTA update is pushed to your phone, that it will still fail. The moden update only works on EG30 phones, period. Unless a dev can pull some amazing hackery or Samsung gives us a full tar, you are just going to have to wait. The kernel update should work just fine. If you are not EG30, I recommend Calk's EK02 ROM in another thread.

(3) As pointed out in (2), you hack your phone at your own risk. While this is an official OTA pushed to me by Sprint, it was pushed to ME by Sprint and not you. I have a person to call if this OTA screws up my future update path, but I have no idea how this will affect your future update path. INSTALL AT YOUR OWN RISK.

(4) The update includes some very minor UI enhancements and minor bug fixes in addition to the LoS fix.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SC20111128-194021.jpg
Views:	2852
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	799232  
The Following 36 Users Say Thank You to kingsway8605 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

T.C.P
Old
Thanks Meter 3604

DONATE TO ME
yay we did it

HaiKaiDo
Old
Thanks Meter 449

DONATE TO ME
cant WAIT to see what comes of this. thanks!

-----> Check Out My Custom Made USB Jig! <-----
If youre a Developer here on XDA and youd like an IRC Channel for your users or a private IRC channel for development just shoot me a pm!

bigtoysrock
Old
Thanks Meter 7955

DONATE TO ME
Awesome work, everyone!! Kingsway8605, Viperboy, all the others who helped. It was cool to see it happen. Cant wait to see the results.

Tiffany84
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 2861

DONATE TO ME
Nice. Thanks Kings.

mauricehall
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Thanks king for yur hard work, I followed the whole thing in the chat and it was epic...
My Device Graveyard
T-Mobile G1
Blackberry Bold 9700
Nexus One
HTC HD2
Samsung Vibrant
myTouch 4G
Nexus S 4G
Samsung Epic 4G Touch
Galaxy Nexus 32gb
HTC Evo 4g LTE
Samsung Galaxy S 3
Nexus 4

Current Phone
Nexus 5

ElAguila
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Great to hear. A couple of questions. Does it break root or is the update rooted? Also do we need to be on a stock rom for it to work?
AT&T Galaxy Note 3 Rooted/Dynamic ROM
Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Rooted / Cleanrom

autoprime
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4685

DONATE TO ME
epic evening

T.C.P
Old
Thanks Meter 3604

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElAguila View Post
Great to hear. A couple of questions. Does it break root or is the update rooted? Also do we need to be on a stock rom for it to work?
yes it breaks root, and we dont know yet, but most likely yes.