Random Reboots

Search This thread

Garner

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 25, 2009
C:\windows\system32\
Does anyone else suffer from random reboots with there device? it does it twice a day or more for me???

Is there anything i can do to stop this issue from happening again?

I.e wipe user data???

ref1ux

Aug 21, 2009
I've had it once or twice. Presumably a rogue app or a bug in the system.

oscillik

Mar 19, 2009
Widnes
I haven't suffered from a random reboot at all since having the phone on the second day of availability in the UK.

Then again, I haven't rooted mine, unlike others...

kristovaher

Jul 29, 2010
Tallinn
www.waher.net
Does anyone else suffer from random reboots with there device? it does it twice a day or more for me???

Is there anything i can do to stop this issue from happening again?

I.e wipe user data???

Not a single crash or random reboot so far. I rebooted last Friday after charging my battery and it's been running since without problems. My best guess is that culprit is one of your applications that you've installed, especially any application that tries to do something with Android and the device itself.

mobilehavoc

Mar 12, 2006
Not a single crash or random reboot so far. I rebooted last Friday after charging my battery and it's been running since without problems. My best guess is that culprit is one of your applications that you've installed, especially any application that tries to do something with Android and the device itself.
I had these reboots on a G2X and it drove me bonkers so I am always worried about phones doing it and I watch uptime like a hawk. Nexus has been rock solid since I turned it on the first time. No reboots. Sometimes it's apps and sometimes your use case just exposes a bug in the OS. Try doing a wipe and installing a few apps at a time so you can figure out what's causing it n

appelflap

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 9, 2008
Utrecht
This is just speculation, but I remembered seeing a thread somewhere in another form, in which a user with another device with the same random reboot problem was advised to check his sim card. A bad sim card may "vanish" for a while, causing the device to reboot. Again, just speculation, or if you wish, a hypothesis you can check.

SweetPAIN225

Nov 19, 2011
London
I have something similar, the first time was when I was charging my phone, I woke up in the morning and I found my phone off and hot as hell. Battery pull and everything went perfect. then it happened to me 5 times, the phone freezes and turns itself off, then I have to do a battery pull! the last time was today I was listening to some music, then the music went weird, then the phone froze and turned itself off.
I called Three for a new phone as I have it for under 14days

[hfm]

Aug 21, 2009
NYC
I was listening to music on my way down the sidewalk thus morning and the mp3 started doing a loop of about 1 sec of the track over and over. Finally heard a pop and it went silent. Had to do a battery pull when I got on the subway.

Then on the subway about 10-20 seconds into a track after starting some music back up the track restarted. So I stopped playback thinking it may happen again.

I'll try to do what I can over the coming days to recreate this.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

[hfm]

Aug 21, 2009
NYC
bad file or maybe filesystem?

I would think that would cause more problems than that. I was listening to some tunes for a bit last night with no issue. And the issue this morning happened with two different tracks.

I had added a battery gauge widget to my home screen last night, I removed it just now. I'll try to recreate the problem from here without adding more apps or widgets. If I can successfully recreate it I'll try to hook up adb and get some logs.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Luckyman79uk

Nov 25, 2010
I'm having random reboots too. I'm suspecting its something to do with either GO SMS or SlideIT. Do you guys have any of these installed too?

Luckyman79uk

Nov 25, 2010
I'm getting another problem now. I've taken off GO SMS so I dont think its that. But when I get a notification (i.e SMS, email), I go to wake up my phone and the unlock screen appears. However it wont recognise any touches on the screen, then sometimes it will come back to life and other times it will reboot itself.

alsex87

Nov 19, 2010
Never had a random reboot, I have go SMS installed.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App

tony710

Mar 25, 2010
Columbus, OH
I was having random reboots when the phone was just sitting there with the screen off.

I had SetCPU under clocking when the screen was off, I removed SetCPU and my random reboots went away.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    wow, i think i should have come on here sooner!!

i've had my nexus for just over a month now, and i've had roughly 5 reboots.
    3 of those times were when i was listening to music, but once it happened when i was in google's navigation app, and yesterday it happened when i was browsing a website!!!

i think i've gone over my return date with the company that i got the phone from (buymobiles), but i have told them about the issue, and i think i may be able to get the phone swapped.

but the question is, is there any point? i will be rooting the phone eventually, but im just wondering if i should root the one i have or get a new one!!

No guarantee rooting will solve the problem. Exchange it while you still can then root.
    Rebooting is normal for current phones. Especially with the first firmware versions. I suggest to at least flash the official 4.0.2 (there are many fixes from 4.0.1).