Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,985 Members 54,201 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

FC09 being released OTA, FC19.rdf posted, still 2.3.6

Tip us?

mattallica76
Old
Thanks Meter 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket321 View Post
I thought EI22 would be the last...and would have argued that at length.....until now lol.

Oh well, I'll be interested to see if anything official actually comes from it and what they will supposedly be fixing. Once you load up all the patches and a custom kernel there is not much in the way of updates needed, but for stock folks I feel sorry for the awful keyboard skips and weak GPS.
I'm sure this is just a maintenance update.

xboxfanj
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 6144

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattallica76 View Post
I'm sure this is just a maintenance update.
Could be an early ics build in disguise. They've done that before.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

If you need help with anything or just wanna chat, feel free to GTalk me at xboxlover360@gmail.com or PM me

The Following User Says Thank You to xboxfanj For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xopher.hunter
Old
Thanks Meter 389
Im all for official ics but... the epic wasnt exactly a success, what would motivate them to give us eclair then froyo then gingerbread then ics?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

KennyG123
Old
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator / Spider-Mod
Thanks Meter 25421

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxfanj View Post
Could be an early ics build in disguise. They've done that before.

Not on the Epic they haven't and not going to. It would take them a year to get ICS working on this. 2.3.X is Gingerbread...period.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

Moderator Directory - - - FORUM RULES - - - Support Autism Awareness here

xboxfanj
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 6144

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyglass123 View Post
Not on the Epic they haven't and not going to. It would take them a year to get ICS working on this. 2.3.X is Gingerbread...period.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App
There were some gb builds marked as froyo. Just wishful thinking on my part.

If you need help with anything or just wanna chat, feel free to GTalk me at xboxlover360@gmail.com or PM me

toadlife
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1015

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by stud_muffler View Post
it's 2.3.6!
hope some reboots problems addressed as well....
The reboot issue is the only major issue I've seen with EI22. The GPS issue is easily resolvable. I hope they fix it because I sure as hell have failed in my attempts.
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 (SCH-I545)

My ROM for the TP2, and for the Wing

poit
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by toadlife View Post
The reboot issue is the only major issue I've seen with EI22. The GPS issue is easily resolvable. I hope they fix it because I sure as hell have failed in my attempts.
I agree. I'm wondering if the reboot issue is something deep enough in GB that the fix requires the version changes to 2.3.6?
Novatel Bagphone, Motorola Microtac, Qualcom Q-Phone, Motorola Startac, Sanyo MM-8100, Sanyo MM7400, Samsung A900 Blade, HTC Touch Pro 2, Sammy Epic 4G,

Currently Sammy Galaxy S III running Stock Rooted KitKat 4.4.2 because it's just that good. Knox don't scare me
Sprint SERO Premium 500
The Following User Says Thank You to poit For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

toadlife
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1015

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by poit View Post
I agree. I'm wondering if the reboot issue is something deep enough in GB that the fix requires the version changes to 2.3.6?
The reboot issue is caused by a bug in the kernel. A bug in the kernel and hardware flaws are the only two thing that can cause spontaneous reboots.
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 (SCH-I545)

My ROM for the TP2, and for the Wing

Shinydude100
Old
Thanks Meter 458

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by etiRkca View Post
Maybe it comes with google talk with video capabilities.
+1 to that.

I requested Gtalk for our Epics be available from both the Android Market Team, and the Gtalk team itself, I would be LMMFAO right now if this is how it went down.

Android Market Team: Gtalk team, a user has cordially requested you "ok the Gtalk.apk to be seen and downloaded by SPH-D700 users on the Android Market.

Gtalk Team: Sure thing! Oh wait, we're testing Gtalk.apk, and while he assured you guys (and us) that it would natively work, there's a few bugs.. we'll be sure to contact the Samsung Devs responsible for the SPH-D700 and tell them we have the updated files for this to work, thanks for the heads up Android Market Team!

Gtalk Team: Hey Samsung Devs, a user on Gingerbread brought up a good point, with native front-facing camera support, Gingerbread isn't quite "finished" unless our Google Video chat is working, don't fret, we have the files necessary, it should be a quick fix, here you go!

Samsung Devs: *facepalm* we just released EI22 and it took a MONTH for Sprint to trust us and OTA it, but thanks.. looks like it's back to the drawing board.

Samsung Devs: Hey Sprint, we have another incremental update, should fix a few bugs, not as big fix as EI22 but still necessary, sorry we didn't include it.

Sprint: You sons of.... fine, we're cool. But you BETTER have Ice Cream Sandwhich up your sleeves for our Flagship phone or we're throwing down, YOU HEAR ME?!

Samsung Devs: We can try.

Lol... This story is of course made-up by me just now, but if it entertained you, don't mind a thanks getting hit

Afterall, I did request Gtalk.apk from Android Market and the Gtalk team, that part of the story wasn't a joke. lol
Old Nokia Phone 6000 series< Blackberry8130<LG Imprint MN240<HTC HD2<Epic 4G<Galaxy S4 M919
Epic 4G to Virgin Mobile Tutorial|GSII Widgets for your Epic|
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Shinydude100 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

KennyG123
Old
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator / Spider-Mod
Thanks Meter 25421

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by toadlife View Post
The reboot issue is caused by a bug in the kernel. A bug in the kernel and hardware flaws are the only two thing that can cause spontaneous reboots.
There is such a low percentage of people experiencing random reboots still and even less of a percentage within the pure stock users out in the world. So I don't think that will change. Probably adding features like Gtalk with video and maybe enabling TV out...yeah right!

Moderator Directory - - - FORUM RULES - - - Support Autism Awareness here