Tip us?

kennyglass123
Old
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator / Spider-Mod
Thanks Meter 23743

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by poit View Post
All it tells us is that there are new test builds floating around. There is information describing what's in the build, but that's often inaccurate. What you can infer from this is that there WILL be another firmware release for the epic, and it's not being ignored by Sam/Sprint.
Or just a maintenance release depending on how much is altered.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

Twitter: @kennyglass123 - - - FORUM RULES - - - Support Autism Awareness here
The Following User Says Thank You to kennyglass123 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

poit
Old
(Last edited by poit; 12th December 2011 at 08:08 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyglass123 View Post
Or just a maintenance release depending on how much is altered.

It appears to be Android 2.3.6. It's not likely to be ICS so I guess you could call any additional GB release a maintenance release.

I've added a basic explaination for what these files are to the OP.
Novatel Bagphone, Motorola Microtac, Qualcom Q-Phone, Motorola Startac, Sanyo MM-8100, Sanyo MM7400, Samsung A900 Blade, HTC Touch Pro 2, Sammy Epic 4G,

Currently Sammy Galaxy S III running Stock Rooted Jellybean 4.3 because it's just that good. Knox don't scare me
Sprint SERO Premium 500

Specialksg1
Old
Thanks Meter 216
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android..._history#2.3.4
Would this answer the "what is this update going to be?" question?

Mutiny32
Old
Thanks Meter 46
They should keep their builds up with the Nexus S 4G sources, which I believe is at 2.3.7. I don't understand why they are so afraid of re-basing to small incremental bug-fix builds from Google. It's not likely to break anything; only fix things. And yet, they keep building on out-dated sources with known issues already fixed by Google.

Specialksg1
Old
Thanks Meter 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny32 View Post
They should keep their builds up with the Nexus S 4G sources, which I believe is at 2.3.7. I don't understand why they are so afraid of re-basing to small incremental bug-fix builds from Google. It's not likely to break anything; only fix things. And yet, they keep building on out-dated sources with known issues already fixed by Google.
2.3.7 would do nothing for our phones because we don't have the chip to use our phones like a credit card. So they are probably gonna finish up the 2.3.6 testing and I would imagine that will be the final "official" release for the epic 4G ... at least untill CM goes official

poit
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny32 View Post
The 2.3.7 build just adds google wallet support. No big deal and not applicable to our phones.
Novatel Bagphone, Motorola Microtac, Qualcom Q-Phone, Motorola Startac, Sanyo MM-8100, Sanyo MM7400, Samsung A900 Blade, HTC Touch Pro 2, Sammy Epic 4G,

Currently Sammy Galaxy S III running Stock Rooted Jellybean 4.3 because it's just that good. Knox don't scare me
Sprint SERO Premium 500
The Following User Says Thank You to poit For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mutiny32
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
The 2.3.7 build just adds google wallet support. No big deal and not applicable to our phones.
Yeah, I didn't notice that until after I found the 2.3.7 changelog. But they did what I said with EI22, which was dumb really. Not to mention a waste of development resources on, say, ICS.

stud_muffler
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Specialksg1 View Post
2.3.7 would do nothing for our phones because we don't have the chip to use our phones like a credit card. So they are probably gonna finish up the 2.3.6 testing and I would imagine that will be the final "official" release for the epic 4G ... at least untill CM goes official
Quote:
You can get microSd card with embedded NFC chip.

Majestic eyes only | Top Secret | Destroy after reading

kennyglass123
Old
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator / Spider-Mod
Thanks Meter 23743

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by stud_muffler View Post

But will our phone support...I am guessing not unless they upgrade it to 2.3.7.

Twitter: @kennyglass123 - - - FORUM RULES - - - Support Autism Awareness here

Specialksg1
Old
Thanks Meter 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by stud_muffler View Post

Interesting ... very interesting ...