I rooted my phone using Zerg Rush Root but took a few times to work. I keep getting SU binary outdated, so i read that this will fix that (Superuser-3.0.7-efgh-signed.zip) but need to be in Recovery mode to install zip. Here's my problem, installing recovery.tar using Odin. I can get into download mode on phone, but when it tries to install driver after plugging in usb cable; I get unable to install your MSM7x30. I have installed the TMO_ADB_Tether_Drivers which will work just plugging in usb cable not in download mode. I noticed in download mode; it shows
Product name: SGH-T679
Custom Binary Download: No
Current Kernal: Unknown 11
I have the same handset [T Mobile Samsung Exhibit II 4G T679]. It's currently locked to T-mobile network. Please help me UNLOCK it.
The status right now is :
Network Lock [ON]
Network Subset Lock [OFF]
SP Lock [OFF]
CP Lock [OFF]
I have so far done following:
1. Installed drivers to my Windows PC using TMO_T759_ADB_Tether_Drivers.zip
2. Rooted my mobile handset using SuperOneClick
3. Rooted with Zerg rush root Working
4. Installed Root Explorer 2.3 [apk file to my mobile] > Installed Root Explorer
5. Checked in SU and found that Root Explorer given SU authorisation
6. Am able to now access all files (also installed Astro File Manager V3.0 as it has search option too- quite handy).
7. I tried ODIN too but it failed at very steps you mentioned above
8. Am now in process of
- Installing ClockworkMod Recovery
- Installing Samsung Kies
NOW PLEASE HELP ME HOW TO UNLOCK MY HANDSET. I have been searching internet and tired after 6 days of search as to how to UNLOCK.
I have tried Factory Reset twice so far but it doesn't help unlock (tried all the samsung hidden codes given on various websites claiming to unlock the device).
I am a non-developer and a non-techie (just have a bug of looking here n there n trying out stuff.. but also afraid of getting my handset BRICKED, as got this handset from US as gift for wife!!!).