[Q] Will it support Windows 8?

Tip us?

chengan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Will it support Windows 8?

Maybe a stupid question, but here goes:

Do you think that the Transformer Prime will support Windows 8?

Diversion
Old
(Last edited by Diversion; 29th November 2011 at 09:26 PM.)
Thanks Meter 17
I don't see why not.. It would have to be "hacked" to work though. .I can't see Asus allowing other OSes to be installed through the bootloader by default. The next problem is getting drivers to work with the Tegra3 and other hardware on the Prime. Even though Win8 has a ARM build in the works - hopefully Windows includes some Tegra3 drivers by default or something to make things easier on us.

kanariya
Old
Thanks Meter 30
More like will windows 8 support prime?

morphiend
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Windows8 wont be on tablets till mid 2013. NVIDIA would have gone through Kal el, Kal el+, and stark chips to be on Logan. I hope to be past the prime by that point. Windows8 is just way to late to the party. Live in the now man.

johnchad14
Old
Thanks Meter 34
The current word is mid-late 2012 with tegra 3...which is why people are talking on this

Sent from my ADR6400L using xda premium

morphiend
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnchad14 View Post
The current word is mid-late 2012 with tegra 3...which is why people are talking on this

Sent from my ADR6400L using xda premium
"Notebooks running Windows 8 on ARM processors rather than Intel or AMD x86 chips aren’t expected to hit the market until June 2013, insider sources have suggested, indicating Microsoft’s Windows on ARM project will lag considerably behind the mainstream build. The platform itself is tipped to go public at the end of 2012, DigiTimes‘ sources tell them, but with the first hardware not scheduled until midway through the following year, broad adoption isn’t seen until 2014 at the earliest."

http://www.slashgear.com/windows-8-a...ebut-29198573/

there's always the samsung slate tablet. that thing is a beast.

johnchad14
Old
Thanks Meter 34
I suppose it's all rumors anyway:

http://www.techradar.com/news/mobile...elease-1041532

My perspective is we know they are testing win8 on tegra 2 and 3 tablets, both have been mentioned. Win 8 will be in a state to release early next year, and the tablet tech will be there...I believe it'll happen in 2012. I can't imagine they'd really let it take that long and lose all that market share.

XXX-KP
Old
Thanks Meter 0
No you can install windows 8 in the device as extent to i know, but still i have heard that it is possible to install Ubuntu in the device.

John Kotches
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnchad14 View Post
I suppose it's all rumors anyway:

http://www.techradar.com/news/mobile...elease-1041532

My perspective is we know they are testing win8 on tegra 2 and 3 tablets, both have been mentioned. Win 8 will be in a state to release early next year, and the tablet tech will be there...I believe it'll happen in 2012. I can't imagine they'd really let it take that long and lose all that market share.
Microsoft has done nothing but stumble in the Mobile space.

Why will this be any different?
Samsung Note 2 / rooted/unlocked/stock for now, on Verizon.
Asus Transformer Infinity / rooted/unlocked/CM10.