5,606,409 Members 33,595 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Letting this thread die -- too long -- use as reference only

Tip us?

Hashcode
Old
(Last edited by Hashcode; 3rd January 2012 at 06:36 AM.) Reason: Thread too long changing title.
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 19968

DONATE TO ME
Default Letting this thread die -- too long -- use as reference only

ALPHA #4 of CM9/ICS for Droid 3

DON'T LET GOOGLE RESTORE YOUR SETTINGS WHEN INSTALLING THIS ROM COMING FROM GINGERBREAD

An OMAP4 optimized build using CM9/AOSP sources. I used some of the published Moto Source from D3 and RAZR where I felt it was appropriate to get the low level services running.

Download Link Here

Changelog Here

For the most up-to-date information / builds check my blog:
http://hash-of-codes.blogspot.com
Or follow me on Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/hashcode0f

[B] KNOWN ISSUES:

- Leaving Bluetooth on but not paired causes all audio to stop working on the phone. If you turn off Bluetooth then audio comes back.

Temporary Workarounds:

- For GSM/WCDMA users please enter *#*#4636#*#* into the dialer. Then goto "Phone Information". Near the bottom of that screen there's a drop down of network preference. For GSM-ONLY use GSM (PRL). Exit that screen and reboot the phone.

What is working in this build:

Fixed Data usage stats
Removed useless FM radio apps
SD Card change: internal = /sdcard, external = /sdcard-ext (just like Motorola setup)
Facebook sync
Voice search fixed
Trebuchet as launcher (Nebkat rules)
Many hard keyboard issues resolved (including B key! Thanks to Tezet)
Bugfixes from Alpha #1
Embedded GApps (for now)
Larger default apns-conf.xml file for international use
Embedded WirelessTether app
3G Data
Audio
phone is connected to the network
Wifi
GPS
Bluetooth
SD Cards (needs testing again)
HW Accelerated Graphics (RenderScript apps will have issues -- like Web Browser)
Adbd

What isn't working:

Camera (in progress)
Some Codecs (in progress)

Screenshots:
The Following 60 Users Say Thank You to Hashcode For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GoogleAndroid
Old
Thanks Meter 12
xD Nothing works. But previewing ICS is really cool. Does it still have the flashing issue from the previous build?
My Devices:
RETIRED: Motorola Droid, Samsung Fascinate, Motorola Droid 3, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Kindle Fire, Samsung Galaxy Note 2
CURRENT: Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Nexus 7
The Following User Says Thank You to GoogleAndroid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Hashcode
Old
Thanks Meter 19968

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoogleAndroid View Post
xD Nothing works. But previewing ICS is really cool. Does it still have the flashing issue from the previous build?
This build doesn't crash alot like the last one. You can really see how smooth the UI is.

And what flashing issue did you have?

GoogleAndroid
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashcode View Post
This build doesn't crash alot like the last one. You can really see how smooth the UI is.

And what flashing issue did you have?
Awesome. By flashing, I meant how the screen would go black and the weird Chinese error messages would pop up. That got in the way of seeing how smooth it was. For the few seconds it didn't crash, it was very smooth.
My Devices:
RETIRED: Motorola Droid, Samsung Fascinate, Motorola Droid 3, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Kindle Fire, Samsung Galaxy Note 2
CURRENT: Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Nexus 7

Hashcode
Old
Thanks Meter 19968

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoogleAndroid View Post
Awesome. By flashing, I meant how the screen would go black and the weird Chinese error messages would pop up. That got in the way of seeing how smooth it was. For the few seconds it didn't crash, it was very smooth.
No, all of that is fixed. It's very zippy.

ryanmcdonald
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Default Does this mean you have decided.....

Does this mean you have decided to use your development time with ICS rather than finish CM7? So far, your CM7 is coming along nicely, but without video cam support, I may have to go back to a non AOSP build which I don't want to do. Can you tell us if you intend to work on CM7? Personally, I'm far more interested in a clean CM7 than ICS.

Thanks again!
-Ryan

Hashcode
Old
Thanks Meter 19968

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmcdonald View Post
Does this mean you have decided to use your development time with ICS rather than finish CM7? So far, your CM7 is coming along nicely, but without video cam support, I may have to go back to a non AOSP build which I don't want to do. Can you tell us if you intend to work on CM7? Personally, I'm far more interested in a clean CM7 than ICS.

Thanks again!
-Ryan
I do intend to jump back into CM7 and clean up some of the open issues. But, I'm on heavy grind seeing how far this ICS build can go and how quickly.

As far as I know making the camera / camcorder work in ICS will be easier than in CM7. But, I haven't gotten into that section yet. It's the ICS audio that worries me.

estobaughn
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Right on man! Thanks for all the work you put into the d3

Sent from my DROID3 using XDA App

jjhiza
Old
Thanks Meter 2419
Hash, you sir, are a boss in every sense of the word!! I'll be following this thread to see how things develop…keep up the outstanding work!!

Sent from my DROID3 using xda premium
Nexus 5 Requiem 4.0 Alpha + Monarch Alpha 5
Galaxy Nexus Requiem 3.1 BLE retired

{davros}
Old
Thanks Meter 19
My landscape/portrait was backwards but ya fast as hell and ics is pretty

Sent from my DROID3 using XDA Premium App