Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,603 Members 41,833 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

LG Nitro HD

Tip us?

mysterioustko
Old
Thanks Meter 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by player911 View Post
I agree. LG really screwed the pooch. Buggy as hell launch FROYO and a severely delayed quasi-buggy GB update that bricked 1\3rd of the phones.

I love my G2x and it is a beast but no thanks to LG. XDA bailed me out this time and really fixed it up. Won't be doing that again.

Plus we all know about their IPS screens (backlight bleeding?) Pass. Sadly, Samsung and Asus (Asus can have my money any time) is the only manufacturer really stepping up lately. Hopefully HTC will wake back up.

LG G2x - 2.3.7 CM7
Asus Transformer - 3.7 Revolver OC/UV
EXACTLY! If it weren't for XDA, that phone would have been complete garbage. I feel bad for those that have the g2x and don't know anything about xda. I got rid of my G2X as soon as the Sensation came out. lol Funny enough I went back to my Nexus S from the Sensation (the Nexus S was just a better phone IMO). After that I decided since I've had both Nexus phones and had nothing but good experiences that from this point forward I'm sticking with Nexus phones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryH_GEG View Post
And no one should underestimate the impact of this. The G2X/O2X are as cursed a phone as ever unleashed on the masses. While the h/w seemed OK, LG is totally clueless about s/w. It took them six months to release 2.3 for the G2X and even then they left the kernel on 2.2. The reboot issues, funky radio implementation, screwed up power usage, and LCD screen bleed are all legend among former owners. Maybe someday they'll take high-end smartphones seriously but after my G2X experience I wouldn't even buy an LG toaster.
I agree 100%. LG's software is horrendous. The Nitro doesn't even mildly spark my interest. Until LG can show they can make a decent high end phone, as far as I'm concerned they aren't even in the conversation about a potential phone purchase. SN: The back of the nitro is hideous. lol It looks like someone put a black sock over the back of the phone. It's terrible lol.

AllTheWay
Old
Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterioustko View Post
. SN: The back of the nitro is hideous. lol It looks like someone put a black sock over the back of the phone. It's terrible lol.
I actually really like the backing to this phone. I own the SGS2 and the Skyrocket and prefer the backing of this phone to the both of these phones. It even has a better back than the HTC Vivid.
Current Devices

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | LG G2 | Nokia Lumia 1520
Samsung Galaxy Note II | Nokia Lumia 920
Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 | ASUS Vivo RT LTE
Samsung Galaxy Nexus

What is XDA-DEVS
RULES: Please read this before posting

isikh
Old
Thanks Meter 25

DONATE TO ME
I've used the phone, and I have one for sale. I'm a member of the media, and I've reviewed other LG phones, and the Nitro HD is the best to date. G2x was crap, compared to the Nitro HD..
Find and follow me on www.twitter.com/AgentVeritas

OLD THREAD, but supercool. My first android experience --> Trying to get familiar with the G1. New to the G1? Here is a very helpful thread on how to get started with rooting and installing new mods, builds and ROMS, and more! --> http://androidcommunity.com/forums/f...cupcake-21347/

go2mo2
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I've just sold my Optimus 3d, now this is supposedly LG's flagship phone. It only just got gingerbread last week!! Random reboots, force closes and weighs a ton. Cost me 440 new sim free 3 and a half months ago. Just sold on eBay with all official accessories worth 100 for 205. LG phones are worthless! Never again lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App

HeavenlyWinds
Old
Thanks Meter 95
Are you kidding me? LG makes the worst smartphones ever (next to Acer). The software updates are EXTREMELYYYYY SLOWWWWW,and even when they come..they are half done and make the device en slower.
Google Nexus S I9020A / CyanogenMod 10 JB 4.2 / Trinity Kernel
Google Nexus 10 / JB 4.2 AOSP / Stock Kernel

Remember to always thank the developer(s). They are the ones making everything possible.

pukemon
Old
Thanks Meter 159
Life's good.

Sent from my samsung gt i9250 which is in the wrong state.
how can you start if you forget to begin?

RoboMonkey
Old
Thanks Meter 1
People said the same thing about Samsung and look at them now.
The Nitro eats the SkyRockets Lunch in quality.

milan03
Old
Thanks Meter 261
@ the OP: Please buy that LG and enjoy Carrier IQ overload!

Good luck!
Verizon Wireless 20Mhz FDD LTE

wonshikee
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboMonkey View Post
People said the same thing about Samsung and look at them now.
The Nitro eats the SkyRockets Lunch in quality.
You mean spec?

Skyrocket is a 6 month old phone with a new radio.

netnerd
Old
Thanks Meter 118
Anyone know how to root LG nitro yet?
All those spamwares are making the phone slow!