30th November 2011, 03:17 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23

179 posts
More

Right To Left languages support

*Root is needed!
*this thing works on Windows and you need java
*It works on 6.1/6.2/6.2.1/6.2.2 kindle fire firmware [DON'T Ever try to change fonts you will stuck in bootloops]

NOTE:
Make libandroid_runtime.so the last file to replace.
the kindle will reboot and will stuck on Kinlde Fire boot screen, presss the power button for 20 seconds to turn it off, and then turn it on
give it some time and *viola!* the lockscreen will appear and you are ready to go .

Simplified steps:

*Download Madmack RTL Patacher HERE, then extract the files, you will see some subfolders and files what you need to remember is input and output subfolders and command.exe for later use.

*Go to your kindle open Root Explorer [or any app can do the same] and copy these files from your kindle to your pc
/system/framework/framework.jar
/system/lib/libandroid_runtime.so
/system/lib/libwebcore.so

*move these files to input subfolder , and then run commands.exe DO NOT close the black cmd screens that will pop up, wait till its finish, once its done you will find these files in the output subfolder
framework.jar
lib__bcore.so
libandroid_runtime.so
libicuuc-arabic.so
libwebcore.so

*move them to your kindle and replace the original files with the files you generated
framework.jar to /system/framework/
lib__bcore.so to /system/lib/
libandroid_runtime.so to /system/lib/
libicuuc-arabic.so to /system/lib/
libwebcore.so to /system/lib/

when you paste libandroid_runtime.so to its path /system/lib/ the device will reboot as there is something wrong "don't panic" after you move all the files and the reboot now your device support RTL languages, in twitter, browser, gmail .. etc.

screenshot:
RTL works on 6.1 Firmware

RTL works on 6.2 Firmware

RTL works on 6.2.1 Firmware ( thanks to faisal400 )

all credits goes to Madmack
here is his blog for more info and further question
http://blog.devasque.com/?page_id=11

DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for any damage caused to your device.
I'M NO LONGER SUPPORTING THIS THREAD AS I'M USING A CM ROM WHICH SUPPORT RTL LANGUAGE BY DEFAULT.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rtl.jpg
Views:	19343
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	799598   Click image for larger version

Name:	45995157g2.jpg
Views:	20489
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	801501   Click image for larger version

Name:	461391997.jpg
Views:	19501
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	801583  
Last edited by Azdian; 13th September 2012 at 09:29 PM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Azdian For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th November 2011, 12:55 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
More
Not Working :(
First thanks for your support, but I stucked in the kindle fire bootscreen and I forced to replace the backup framework and lib files again inorder to boot the device again, do u have any idea how to solve this problem, although my device is rooted
30th November 2011, 09:53 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

179 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sword2000eg

First thanks for your support, but I stucked in the kindle fire bootscreen and I forced to replace the backup framework and lib files again inorder to boot the device again, do u have any idea how to solve this problem, although my device is rooted

make sure you do all the steps correctly,
first replace the generated framework.jar before other files in /lib folder
let libandroid_runtime.so file to be the last one to be placed and it will suddenly reboot
give it some time after booting and it will work inshallah
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Azdian For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th December 2011, 07:13 AM   |  #4  

15 posts
Thanks that was really helpful, Im on 6.2 and it can read arabic perfectly now but i dont have the arabic keyboard the one you posted in the first pic i dont know if im missing somthing here.

i also want to ask you how did you change the font as its shown in the second pic which is taken from kooora.

thanks again and i hope i hear from you soon
7th December 2011, 04:10 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

179 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by buhind

Thanks that was really helpful, Im on 6.2 and it can read arabic perfectly now but i dont have the arabic keyboard the one you posted in the first pic i dont know if im missing somthing here.

i also want to ask you how did you change the font as its shown in the second pic which is taken from kooora.

thanks again and i hope i hear from you soon

for the keyboard look in the market for ICS keyboard ( Arabic included )
don't try to change the fonts like I did .. i stucked in endless bootloops for days till i figure it out how to fix it!
7th December 2011, 07:20 PM   |  #6  

15 posts
Salam brother .. thanks for your reply

I went to the market and downloaded ics keyboard but the problem is i couldn't enable it .. when i go to the settings and i hit enable ics keyboard a small window pop up with 2 steps .. step 1: enable ics key board .. step 2 : switch to ics keyboard

when i hit step one i get a messege says it will never collect information ect then i hit ok it transfer me to the kindle keyboard settings which doesn't have anything related to ics keyboard then i hit back and press on step 2 to switch to ics keyboard but i have one option to choose only and that is kindle keyboard please help
7th December 2011, 07:30 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

179 posts
More
look here or here
9th December 2011, 03:23 PM   |  #8  

15 posts
thank you it works perfectly now .. it was forcing me to close at first till i copied the file in data/data........../lib to system/lib and now its so perfect thanks again bro
13th December 2011, 02:20 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 22

319 posts
More
Thanks, my ''older'' cousin bought one of these and he asked me to make it read arabic. Now i won't have to search, thanks.
14th December 2011, 03:33 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 22

319 posts
More
Well, i did exactly what you said but looks like your order arent good? My kindle fire is stuck at Kindle Fire screen after rebooting to apply changes (moved libicuuc-arabic.so to /system/lib/
libwebcore.so to /system/lib/)
That is after it rebooted for the libandroid_runtime.so
i did the opposite of if yout are on 6.2 firmware, make libandroid_runtime.so last file to replace.
Last edited by Husam2011; 14th December 2011 at 05:38 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread