[MOD] RTL support ( Arabic, Persian, Hebrew ..etc) for Kindle Fire

Search This thread

Mehrdad201

Dec 24, 2009
I mean if I perform your patch on my kindle fire device,

is there any way to restore the device to the zero point ? ( FACTORY RESET)

because there is the possibility that the device encounter the problem after patching and we have to return to the original situation...

Azdian

Dec 23, 2009
I mean if I perform your patch on my kindle fire device,

is there any way to restore the device to the zero point ? ( FACTORY RESET)

because there is the possibility that the device encounter the problem after patching and we have to return to the original situation...

you can simply restore your old files that you replaced with the patched ones

any one tested this on 6.2.1 ?

not yet, I'm away from home for a while and the device is not with me
can anybody try and report .. ?

thepsman

Jan 30, 2009
not working on 2.6.1

Hi
I tried it on 6.2, Kindle fire crashed (not restarted) when I copied the runtime file ( I copied it last). My kindle fire was bricked.
I recovered my brick and installed 6.2.1 and tried again. this time without the runtime. when I rebooted I got stuck on the kindle fire logo, again, another brick. I was able to reinstall 6.2.1.

Last edited:

Azdian

Dec 23, 2009
Hi
I tried it on 2.6, Kindle fire crashed (not restarted) when I copied the runtime file ( I copied it last). My kindle fire was bricked.
I recovered my brick and installed 2.6.1 and tried again. this time without the runtime. when I rebooted I got stuck on the kindle fire logo, again, another brick. I was able to reinstall 2.6.1.

re-do the steps correctly .. it does work
I'v just patched my KF with 6.2.1 firmware and its works fine

Reactions: thepsman

thepsman

Jan 30, 2009

Hi.
I tried again today from the top, followed every last detail and still no go. My KF 6.2.1 just got bricked again :(

for commands.exe, I left the option at the default AOSP option. correct?

Another thing is that I crash when hit yes to replace the libandroid_runtime.so (left as the last) and not restart. can this be the reason?

any suggestions?

Last edited:

zirooo

Dec 18, 2007
i ve contacted amazon support their response was :

Hello,

I'm sorry about the inconvenience caused in this regard.

I've forwarded your suggestions to the Kindle Development Team and have specially requested to look into this feature for you about making the Kindle Fire support to languages like Hebrew and Arabic.

We're regularly working on improvements to your Kindle experience. I've let the Kindle team know you're interested in this feature.

We value customer suggestions and feedback such as yours as it helps us continue to improve the Kindle service we provide, and we're glad you took time to write to us.

One of our aims at Amazon.com is to provide a convenient and efficient service to our customers.

The Kindle Team is carefully reviewing your suggestions, as we want to give our customers a fine and efficient Kindle experience and make it user friendly.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience caused in this regard.

We look forward to making Kindle Fire supporting to languages like Hebrew and Arabic soon.

Thanks for your using Kindle.

maybe you should do so too so they'd consider including the RTL support in future updates

Reactions: TahrirSquare

-juanito-

Oct 22, 2010
can u upload it in mediafire..because megaupload is dead

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using Tapatalk

shahabk818

Dec 17, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
I already have CM7 and it supports Farsi/Persian. Where can I get just the keyboard? the ones in Android Market don't work properly! Mostly were design for Android phones and they have small resolutions... the keyboard's photo on the first page looks fine although is Arabic not Persian:eek:

letsjustgo

Feb 29, 2012
This worked great on my KF 6.2.2. Thank you.

Question: So is it not possible to change the font for the Arabic script? The default KF Arabic/Farsi font is horrendous.

shahabk818

Dec 17, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Not working... I placed the files in input folder. after i click on commands.exe its says:
bvkjsvzbvb5tdlc1u2mc.jpg

i hit ok i get this:

3fg7y46joh37drozr5dx.jpg

aishq36m4rh0lslnpr17.jpg

what did i do wrong?

Azdian

Dec 23, 2009
there is nothing wrong, the last image just click ( ok ) and the patcher will start.

shahabk818

Dec 17, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
When I wanted to copy libandroid_runtime.so my fire restarts itself ... I tried many times ... other files were fine... but the farsi font is fixed. it works any way thanks

jafar1978

Dec 9, 2009
the process does not work on KF 6.2.2

Hello,

I have followed your steps twice but it did not make a difference. I still see the letters not connected and still not read from right to left. I did not have any of boot problems. Any suggestions....

Regards,

--Jafar

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    attachment.php

Right To Left languages support

*Root is needed!
    *this thing works on Windows and you need java
    *It works on 6.1/6.2/6.2.1/6.2.2 kindle fire firmware [DON'T Ever try to change fonts you will stuck in bootloops]

NOTE:
    Make libandroid_runtime.so the last file to replace.
    the kindle will reboot and will stuck on Kinlde Fire boot screen, presss the power button for 20 seconds to turn it off, and then turn it on
    give it some time and *viola!* the lockscreen will appear and you are ready to go :) .

Simplified steps:

*Download Madmack RTL Patacher HERE, then extract the files, you will see some subfolders and files what you need to remember is input and output subfolders and command.exe for later use.

*Go to your kindle open Root Explorer [or any app can do the same] and copy these files from your kindle to your pc
    /system/framework/framework.jar
    /system/lib/libandroid_runtime.so
    /system/lib/libwebcore.so

*move these files to input subfolder , and then run commands.exe DO NOT close the black cmd screens that will pop up, wait till its finish, once its done you will find these files in the output subfolder
    framework.jar
    lib__bcore.so
    libandroid_runtime.so
    libicuuc-arabic.so
    libwebcore.so

*move them to your kindle and replace the original files with the files you generated
    framework.jar to /system/framework/
    lib__bcore.so to /system/lib/
    libandroid_runtime.so to /system/lib/
    libicuuc-arabic.so to /system/lib/
    libwebcore.so to /system/lib/

when you paste libandroid_runtime.so to its path /system/lib/ the device will reboot as there is something wrong "don't panic" after you move all the files and the reboot now your device support RTL languages, in twitter, browser, gmail .. etc.

screenshot:
    RTL works on 6.1 Firmware
    attachment.php

RTL works on 6.2 Firmware
    attachment.php

RTL works on 6.2.1 Firmware ( thanks to faisal400 )
    picture.php

picture.php

all credits goes to Madmack
    here is his blog for more info and further question
    http://blog.devasque.com/?page_id=11

DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for any damage caused to your device.
    I'M NO LONGER SUPPORTING THIS THREAD AS I'M USING A CM ROM WHICH SUPPORT RTL LANGUAGE BY DEFAULT.
    First thanks for your support, but I stucked in the kindle fire bootscreen and I forced to replace the backup framework and lib files again inorder to boot the device again, do u have any idea how to solve this problem, although my device is rooted

make sure you do all the steps correctly,
    first replace the generated framework.jar before other files in /lib folder
    let libandroid_runtime.so file to be the last one to be placed and it will suddenly reboot
    give it some time after booting and it will work inshallah :)
    Azdian,
    Thanks for the effort. I did the steps and my KF supported RTL very well but, in couple of hours it got updated to 6.3 and everything was reset! Does this patch support 6.3 too?

Thanks

YES! And hopefully in all future updates until unrootable.
    Nop, i got stuck in kindle fire logo :(
    You should make the note in red!

You should read! all steps works fine .. have you replaced any fonts? or didn't replace all the generated files ?
    if your device refuse to work just unbrick .. follow the unbrick guide here
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1356257
    Hi
    I tried it on 2.6, Kindle fire crashed (not restarted) when I copied the runtime file ( I copied it last). My kindle fire was bricked.
    I recovered my brick and installed 2.6.1 and tried again. this time without the runtime. when I rebooted I got stuck on the kindle fire logo, again, another brick. I was able to reinstall 2.6.1.