XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[BOOT] FIREFIREFIRE 1.2 - bootloader with recovery selection

Tip us?

smirkis
Old
Thanks Meter 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokey9000 View Post
I'm not having any trouble with this bootloader and custom recovery.
what recovery are u running? lol

Sent from my Kindle Fire using xda premium
T-Mobile G2>HTC Glacier>Samsung Galaxy Nexus>Google Nexus 4

Asus Transformer>Amazon Kindle Fire>Google Nexus 7>2013 Nexus 7

pyrostic
Old
Thanks Meter 206
Quote:
I'm not having any trouble with this bootloader and custom recovery.
My sorry. I actually think I was having some problems with ADB. Agrabren did a little testing over teamviewer last night and apparently it was a mix of finiky adb drivers and with fastboot it was a bit of "you're doing it wrong "

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
[Telidroids]

pyrostic
Old
Thanks Meter 206
one suggestion, make the font slightly larger and maybe bold so you can see it a little better. Totally aesthetic mind you but.
[Telidroids]

pokey9000
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrostic View Post
one suggestion, make the font slightly larger and maybe bold so you can see it a little better. Totally aesthetic mind you but.
I wanted it to be subtle. You only need to notice it once. Anyone else think this might be confusing?
The Following User Says Thank You to pokey9000 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pokey9000
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 374
Audience poll time :

I can change the USB VID/PID in FIREFIREFIRE to the default for Android so you don't need any special parameters. I figure it would cut down on confusion and save a few keystrokes.

Is there any reason not to do this?

pyrostic
Old
Thanks Meter 206
Quote:
Audience poll time :

I can change the USB VID/PID in FIREFIREFIRE to the default for Android so you don't need any special parameters. I figure it would cut down on confusion and save a few keystrokes.

Is there any reason not to do this?
Besides that TWRP is having a guide made based on your current version, then no. If you do can you explain the differences and how to install over the former?

[Telidroids]

pokey9000
Old
(Last edited by pokey9000; 16th December 2011 at 07:27 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrostic View Post
Besides that TWRP is having a guide made based on your current version, then no. If you do can you explain the differences and how to install over the former?

And that's the only reason I thought I'd ask, not to buck convention. Even if the KF's convention isn't the norm for Android.

If I did a new version (edit: new version did), you'd just have to get into fastboot (idme bootmode for stock, boot time fastboot for FIREFIREFIRE 0.9), do "fastboot -i 0x1949 flash bootloader u-boot.bin" then "fastboot -i 0x1949 reboot". From then on, you go about your business but eliminate the "-i 0x1949" from any fastboot commands.

From what I understand, some of the previous problems with flashing recovery was due to the custom VID Amazon uses. This would fix that, at the cost of having to distinguish between stock and FIREFIREFIRE when using fastboot. I'd be using the Google VID of 0x18d1 since even the oldest fastboots will recognize it.

pyrostic
Old
Thanks Meter 206
Quote:
And that's the only reason I thought I'd ask, not to buck convention. Even if the KF's convention isn't the norm for Android.

If I did a new version (edit: new version did), you'd just have to get into fastboot (idme bootmode for stock, boot time fastboot for FIREFIREFIRE 0.9), do "fastboot -i 0x1949 flash bootloader u-boot.bin" then "fastboot -i 0x1949 reboot". From then on, you go about your business but eliminate the "-i 0x1949" from any fastboot commands.

From what I understand, some of the previous problems with flashing recovery was due to the custom VID Amazon uses. This would fix that, at the cost of having to distinguish between stock and FIREFIREFIRE when using fastboot. I'd be using the Google VID of 0x18d1 since even the oldest fastboots will recognize it.
I don't know a lot about fastboot. Honestly I learned most of it while testing TWRP. If it ain't broke don't fix it? Besides maybe it will cause people to upgrade their SDK from the cupcake build SDK. Lol

[Telidroids]

pyrostic
Old
(Last edited by pyrostic; 16th December 2011 at 04:37 PM.)
Thanks Meter 206
So do the changes only reflect fastboot during that window of opportunity ? Or the system as a whole?

[Telidroids]

pyrostic
Old
(Last edited by pyrostic; 16th December 2011 at 04:36 PM.)
Thanks Meter 206
Created in error. Delete post please.

[Telidroids]

Tags
bootloader u-boot