FORUMS

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

CleanSlate Brings Fingerprint Scanner Mod to HTC One M9+

Work of XDA Recognized Developer tbalden, CleanSlate custom kernel for the HTC … more

Sunday Debate: Which Factors Caused HTC’s Woes?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on HTC’s situation. Come with your … more

HTC’s New Ad Campaign And What It Really Means

HTC has just released three new blind test adverts comparing app loading … more

[BOOT] FIREFIREFIRE 1.2 - bootloader with recovery selection

767 posts
Thanks Meter: 395
 
By pokey9000, Senior Member on 30th November 2011, 08:47 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
15th December 2011, 08:13 AM |#61  
smirkis's Avatar
Senior Member
San Diego, CA
Thanks Meter: 614
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokey9000

I'm not having any trouble with this bootloader and custom recovery.

what recovery are u running? lol

Sent from my Kindle Fire using xda premium
 
 
15th December 2011, 10:55 AM |#62  
pyrostic's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chicago - Northwest Suburbs
Thanks Meter: 212
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokey9000

I'm not having any trouble with this bootloader and custom recovery.

My sorry. I actually think I was having some problems with ADB. Agrabren did a little testing over teamviewer last night and apparently it was a mix of finiky adb drivers and with fastboot it was a bit of "you're doing it wrong "

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
15th December 2011, 09:18 PM |#63  
pyrostic's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chicago - Northwest Suburbs
Thanks Meter: 212
 
More
one suggestion, make the font slightly larger and maybe bold so you can see it a little better. Totally aesthetic mind you but.
16th December 2011, 01:51 AM |#64  
OP Senior Member
Flag Austin
Thanks Meter: 395
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrostic

one suggestion, make the font slightly larger and maybe bold so you can see it a little better. Totally aesthetic mind you but.

I wanted it to be subtle. You only need to notice it once. Anyone else think this might be confusing?
The Following User Says Thank You to pokey9000 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th December 2011, 01:55 AM |#65  
OP Senior Member
Flag Austin
Thanks Meter: 395
 
More
Audience poll time :

I can change the USB VID/PID in FIREFIREFIRE to the default for Android so you don't need any special parameters. I figure it would cut down on confusion and save a few keystrokes.

Is there any reason not to do this?
16th December 2011, 03:16 AM |#66  
pyrostic's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chicago - Northwest Suburbs
Thanks Meter: 212
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokey9000

Audience poll time :

I can change the USB VID/PID in FIREFIREFIRE to the default for Android so you don't need any special parameters. I figure it would cut down on confusion and save a few keystrokes.

Is there any reason not to do this?

Besides that TWRP is having a guide made based on your current version, then no. If you do can you explain the differences and how to install over the former?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
16th December 2011, 03:21 AM |#67  
OP Senior Member
Flag Austin
Thanks Meter: 395
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrostic

Besides that TWRP is having a guide made based on your current version, then no. If you do can you explain the differences and how to install over the former?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

And that's the only reason I thought I'd ask, not to buck convention. Even if the KF's convention isn't the norm for Android.

If I did a new version (edit: new version did), you'd just have to get into fastboot (idme bootmode for stock, boot time fastboot for FIREFIREFIRE 0.9), do "fastboot -i 0x1949 flash bootloader u-boot.bin" then "fastboot -i 0x1949 reboot". From then on, you go about your business but eliminate the "-i 0x1949" from any fastboot commands.

From what I understand, some of the previous problems with flashing recovery was due to the custom VID Amazon uses. This would fix that, at the cost of having to distinguish between stock and FIREFIREFIRE when using fastboot. I'd be using the Google VID of 0x18d1 since even the oldest fastboots will recognize it.
Last edited by pokey9000; 16th December 2011 at 07:27 AM.
16th December 2011, 10:59 AM |#68  
pyrostic's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chicago - Northwest Suburbs
Thanks Meter: 212
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokey9000

And that's the only reason I thought I'd ask, not to buck convention. Even if the KF's convention isn't the norm for Android.

If I did a new version (edit: new version did), you'd just have to get into fastboot (idme bootmode for stock, boot time fastboot for FIREFIREFIRE 0.9), do "fastboot -i 0x1949 flash bootloader u-boot.bin" then "fastboot -i 0x1949 reboot". From then on, you go about your business but eliminate the "-i 0x1949" from any fastboot commands.

From what I understand, some of the previous problems with flashing recovery was due to the custom VID Amazon uses. This would fix that, at the cost of having to distinguish between stock and FIREFIREFIRE when using fastboot. I'd be using the Google VID of 0x18d1 since even the oldest fastboots will recognize it.

I don't know a lot about fastboot. Honestly I learned most of it while testing TWRP. If it ain't broke don't fix it? Besides maybe it will cause people to upgrade their SDK from the cupcake build SDK. Lol

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
16th December 2011, 04:30 PM |#69  
pyrostic's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chicago - Northwest Suburbs
Thanks Meter: 212
 
More
So do the changes only reflect fastboot during that window of opportunity ? Or the system as a whole?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
Last edited by pyrostic; 16th December 2011 at 04:37 PM.
16th December 2011, 04:33 PM |#70  
pyrostic's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chicago - Northwest Suburbs
Thanks Meter: 212
 
More
Created in error. Delete post please.



Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
Last edited by pyrostic; 16th December 2011 at 04:36 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bootloader u-boot
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes