How to root Huawei U8800 Pro
Because I couldn't find step by step procedure how to root and install recovery console on Huawei U8800 Pro, I decided to write it myself.
This procedure was tested on Windows 7 64bit
and Android 2.2.2 Froyo
Installing USB drivers
1. Download USB drivers from here http://www.mediafire.com/?5z6i5cv8l6br292
2. Connect your phone to USB on your computer
3. Follow these steps to install USB driver http://developer.android.com/sdk/win-usb.html#Win7
4. Download SuperOneClick v2.2 from here ftp://shortfuse.org/SuperOneClick/Pa...-ShortFuse.zip
5. Extract ZIP content
6. Right click SuperOneClick.exe and select "Run as administrator". This is very important!!!
7. Wait till it says that your phone is rooted
Installing unofficial Clockwork Mod Recovery 220.127.116.11
8. Download and install Root explorer from here http://getandroidstuff.com/download-...r-android-v23/
9. Follow these instructions http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1343276
With this procedure I successfully rotted my phone and installed recovery 18.104.22.168. With this recovery console u will be able to install whatever ROM u like. Just remember to create backup of your official ROM first!!! I needed it badly when I discovered that new MIUI for U8800 Pro is not working as expected.
Backup can be a life saver!!!
Samsung Galaxy Nexus JB 4.3,
Huawei U8800 Pro ICS 4.03,
HTC Hero GB 2.3.7